The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ TRIPLE HELIX by Snake and John Byng ("I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun) (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Pleasure Island NC
16 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
Thanks Gavin for the honest review. Now Iím Disappointed too ☹️
Yep! I pre-ordered, just got it in the mail moments ago. Iíve decided to assemble it and run it thru the paces.
Iíll post a second opinion/review later today.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Patrick Kun hopefully suffers on his own future product sales then for endorsing sh.t imho itís immoral and wrong Gaz 😊
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
It wasnít for sale at Blackpool and to be fair they donít say it was. Snake was showing it around to people
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Exactly I didnít see it at all , he sold the couple of decks he had on him most likely Gaz 😊
Gavin.Wong
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Gavin.Wong
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2021, SlightlyTipsyMagic wrote:
Thanks Gavin for the honest review. Now Iím Disappointed too ☹️
Yep! I pre-ordered, just got it in the mail moments ago. Iíve decided to assemble it and run it thru the paces.
Iíll post a second opinion/review later today.

Yes please! Would love somebody else to review it as well. I've had a few folks reach out to me directly and said they agree with my review after receiving their gimmick but none have made their own review so I would appreciate another review or second opinion.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
It wasn't for sale, he was just showing it to people. I saw him doing at the Murphys party which is seen in the trailer which is where Patrick Kun was and may have been where he saw it.
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Yes please! Would love somebody else to review it as well. I've had a few folks reach out to me directly and said they agree with my review after receiving their gimmick but none have made their own review so I would appreciate another review or second opinion. [/quote]

Hey Gavin, I appreciate your review as well, so thank you for taking the time to do so! I imagine you saw it already but there is one on penguin (https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S30647) that gives it a glowing review. I know everyone has their own opinion, so very interesting to read! Thanks again!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Penguin always have glowing reviews they literally make them up themselves itís as simple as that . This trick is pony Gaz 😊
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Penguin always have glowing reviews they literally make them up themselves itís as simple as that . This trick is pony Gaz 😊

Haha, thanks Gaz!
Doric
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:

Wow, that's quite a claim! A business presenting fake reviews as real deserves to be outed. Do you have evidence? I have PM'd a member of the Penguin team for comment.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well they get their mates to do the initial 5 star reviews so people jump on board only to be disappointed thatís what I mean . There has been many an effect on their site that has took such a roasting then those early reviews then suddenly disappear . They are not the only ones who use their mates to over glorify an effect though Gaz 😊 ps itís fairly obvious they will deny the claim as who wouldnít ? They have even used my Cafť quotes without permission on their advertising of a very good trick before which I haven't minded at all but they never have the courtesy to ask first 😊
coachawsm
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, Doric wrote:
Quote:

Wow, that's quite a claim! A business presenting fake reviews as real deserves to be outed. Do you have evidence? I have PM'd a member of the Penguin team for comment.

Well, I don't know about making up, but they have deleted some of my 1-star-reviews in the past, when giving some of their products negative reviews. And no - I was not abusive or broke any other rules that justify deleting the review.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
674 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Sadly, magic for most has been more about money than the community itself.
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Thanks for the review Gavin.

It's a shame things are marketed this way. Glad to have an honest review from someone who owns the product and provides honest feedback.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, coachawsm wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, Doric wrote:
Quote:

Well, I don't know about making up, but they have deleted some of my 1-star-reviews in the past, when giving some of their products negative reviews. And no - I was not abusive or broke any other rules that justify deleting the review.

Good point yes thatís another thing they do a lot of
Gaz 😊
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1091 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quite appropriate that one of the names associated with this is called Snake!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
Patrick Kun hopefully suffers on his own future product sales then for endorsing sh.t imho itís immoral and wrong Gaz 😊

I don't think that's fair at all. His quote was "It's so visual and practical that I wish it was mine." Commenting on how it looked which Im sure you would agree that it looked good. He didn't comment on the product quality.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well surely he has seen one up close and personal to be the main advertising endorser ? If not then he has no right to endorse it with such high praise or any of us to believe what he says going forward . He may have only used those words but those words are still used to entice people to buy the product which wastes peopleís money imo Gaz 😊
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1825 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Here's a much more positive review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTYBsVy0YyA
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
113 Posts

Profile of magicant
Here is my HONEST Magic Review. Yes I own a magic shop but also we are out of stock of this and still reviewing because I believe in saying if good or bad.

See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTYBsVy0YyA

I've seen the word disappointment flowing around a lot recently. I don't believe I was disappointed at any point. If the price was 50 then perhaps I would have been but the
gimmicks are well made, you get 2 to perform a triple production. Sure you need to put in 5 minutes of work to adjust to your box but also clearly shown you don't NEED to do this
and it can be performed right out of the box.

As for mis-advertising I am not going to comment but overall I like the product and can see myself performing it.

Hope this helps with people really interested in performing good magic and what they spend their money on.

All the best
Anthony
www.magicworld.co.uk
==============================

Producers of COVERT ADAPTIONS - INFAMOUS - DEADLY MARKED DECK - GUARANTEED JACKPOT - THE EXPERIMENT - CERBERUS WALLET - AND MANY MORE!

www.magicworld.co.uk (UK)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ TRIPLE HELIX by Snake and John Byng ("I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun) (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL