The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TRIPLE HELIX by Snake and John Byng ("I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun) (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
"I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun

Why does this BS endorsement not surprise me.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Just out of curiousity: When I see this correctly, this effect was released last month. How did you perform it in restaurants, pubs and walking down the boulevard? Where do you live?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2021, dvno wrote:
Just out of curiousity: When I see this correctly, this effect was released last month. How did you perform it in restaurants, pubs and walking down the boulevard? Where do you live?

More importantly why is there no live performance footage on the download or the trailer. Surely a live performance video would help.
Illusionist Snake
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Illusionist Snake
An excellent question !!! and happy to answer.

1.The effect has been in the works for almost two years, but due to the pandemic that my country suffered, many manufacturing companies went bankrupt and several were suppliers of Tumi Magic. For that reason the launch was late.

2. There are two images in the video trailer where it was made in Blackpool with people around, also I would have loved to have uploaded live videos performing the trick, but it was recorded while we were still in quarantine in my country. We like to be transparent and not create deceptive tricks just to sell.

When we say that it is possible to do it in real life, it is because we can and we say it. When it is a trick only for social networks, we also say it. But if there are few people who do not feel safe to do it in real life despite the fact that it is a truconpars in real life ... we can do nothing. the confidence with which we perform a trick is important.

I am a "street and restaurant magician" and yes, I have performed it and will soon upload videos on my social networks ... but there are always Haters who will say that it is not real. Anyway ... We are an honest company and we only release products that have been tested. If you don't like them, don't buy it, but offending the work of an entire team ... it's from a person without neurons. Follow me on my social networks, if you want, and you can see various routines.
I hope you have fun.✌️✌️✌️
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Is it possible to set it up so that a non-writing sharpie is produced from the 2nd box, and the third box is actually rolled up inside it?
Illusionist Snake
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Illusionist Snake
Sorry Calvin, I don't understand.. sharpie?
What do you mean? If you have any question, please, write me on Instagram: ilusionista.snake I hope I can help you ✌️
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Anthony at ‘MagicWorld’ states, in his glowing review, that “Patrick Kun loves it, of course, and that’s probably one of the things that makes it sell most”.

Funny, as it has the opposite effect to myself. Lol.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Mr. Snake- it was a joke. I was referencing another item that's been causing a stir on here recently.

I don't think this product is for me, but the sincerity of your reply made regret being such a smart-ass!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
This trick is just complete and total trash.

First of all why would you make packs of cards appear just to put them away. It makes no sense. Ans that’s just the start of the problems.

It’s a complete and totals up off and a fleetest example of what’s wrong with the magic community at the moment.

I reviewed it on the latest episode of my review show which went up tonight. I performed the trick as well but buyer beware - this trick is bottom drawer magic at best.

Here’s the link to the show. Any questions let me know.

https://youtu.be/2mLPelriYzg

First, you state it is trash like it is some sort of fact. Have some humility and insert the phrase "in my opinion".
Second, you keep saying "why would you make them appear to just put them away." Again, that is not the only option. Have some creativity and realize that another magician may opt to switch them.
Third, you say it is a "complete and totals up off", I assume you meant "rip off". Again, show a bit of humility and insert the phrase "in my opinion".

I'll grant you it likely isn't for everyone, but that is not what I recollect you saying. You just can't imagine that someone might be creative in their use for this. Sad.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but you state your opinions as if they are facts.

KJ
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well to be fair the fact ( in your opinion ) you are saying this goes to show that everybody knows it’s only Craig’s opinion he thinks it’s trash then surely he is entitled to express his opinion just how he likes . Not your good self of course but if others cannot understand whatever terminology he uses it’s just his opinion then they are very poorly educated in my opinion Gaz 😊
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
This is a discussion forum. We are discussing and giving opinions. I don’t think I have to preface every post with ‘this is my opinion’. I think that’s implied.

Are you saying every time I post about a product I should say that’s it’s my opinion first?

Seems a bit strange to be honest but thanks for your input.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Exactly my point , I think Facebook is utter trash but that is purely my opinion . Everybody of course knows these are your opinions Craig its obvious it is yours and Rylands review show after all Gaz 😊
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
This is a discussion forum. We are discussing and giving opinions. I don’t think I have to preface every post with ‘this is my opinion’. I think that’s implied.

Are you saying every time I post about a product I should say that’s it’s my opinion first?

Seems a bit strange to be honest but thanks for your input.

Is that your opinion then mate LOL?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Well to be fair the fact ( in your opinion ) you are saying this goes to show that everybody knows it’s only Craig’s opinion he thinks it’s trash then surely he is entitled to express his opinion just how he likes . Not your good self of course but if others cannot understand whatever terminology he uses it’s just his opinion then they are very poorly educated in my opinion Gaz 😊

I understand what you are saying. I just think there is a difference between obvious "scams" and differences in opinion, and the appropriate "tone" for each. I think perhaps it is a matter of style. It reminds me of how people driving in a car will scream far more rude things from within the safety and perceived anonymity of their car, than how they would behave in person. Then, there are some who can be just as socially awkward in person as behind a shield.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree with you on keyboard warriors , but I certainly am no pushover in person and I am also sure Craig is not one either . In other words I am the same person face to face as I am on any of my reviews and comments I ever give on these boards or anywhere else . I would never hide ever in person and being like that and true to the core is how real respect is made in life imho . If someone gives me grief when driving like you mention ( I don’t give any grief myself by the way ) I jump straight out of my van and trust me they always drive off immediately with normally an apology and a friendly wave every single time . I would never ever need a shield or ever hide behind one Gaz 😊
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I agree with you on keyboard warriors , but I certainly am no pushover in person and I am also sure Craig is not one either . In other words I am the same person face to face as I am on any of my reviews and comments I ever give on these boards or anywhere else . I would never hide ever in person and being like that and true to the core is how real respect is made in life imho . If someone gives me grief when driving like you mention ( I don’t give any grief myself by the way ) I jump straight out of my van and trust me they always drive off immediately with normally an apology and a friendly wave every single time . I would never ever need a shield or ever hide behind one Gaz 😊

Gaz, you come across much more thoughtful and tactful than some. It's ok to have an opinion, it's ok to have strong opinions, but some people are just socially awkward and lack tact, and you are not one of them.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
The Wizard Review is a good example of this. David Penn, Sean Haydon, and Wayne Fox all have VERY STRONG opinions, but they also have good social skills, and they know how to be entertaining without being abrasive.
KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Back to the topic at hand, While Triple Helix is probably not for everyone, just like EVERY single trick ever created, it can be a very powerful addition to a routine with two decks. I am planning on using it in a two deck routine where I take out one deck, start to describe the routine, implying the use of two decks, all the time holding my two hands as if I already have a deck in each hand, and then realizing I have only one deck. Then there is a humorous awkward moment of being one deck short, I produce the deck and then say: "Perfect, two decks and a sharpie." Another humorous awkward moment of realizing I don't have a sharpie. My right hand goes into the pocket for the sharpie, comes out empty, then the left hand goes into the left pocket and comes out with the sharpie and "same" decks. The routine then goes directly into a couple two deck routines. Never in that sequence would anyone say: "Wait, before you get the sharpie, I'd like to examine the boxes." In fact, I am working on a gimmick in my pocket so that they reach into the same jacket pocket and pull out their selected card later in the routine and the "only" thing in the pocket is their card.

KJ
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Great idea 1KJ and I can see how well that would work . I have built a gimmick into a couple of my suits myself that switches decks or anything really where the gimmicked deck or whatever ends up in the lower side jacket pocket and a regular deck etc is found in the pocket I just ditched the gaff in . The spectator can even remove the regular deck as the inner pocket velcros itself shut so all seems as it should seem Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I would just say though that the wizard product review is absolute rubbish compared to the days when Craig was on it imho . I think David Penn is a truly wonderful sleight of hand magician but has no charisma or charm whatsoever . Craig was by far a country mile the better half there and the dog was more entertaining than David Penn . That’s why Craig’s reviews shows are so so popular now imo Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TRIPLE HELIX by Snake and John Byng ("I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun) (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL