The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TRIPLE HELIX by Snake and John Byng ("I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun) (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Gennovense
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
Great review Gavin, out of all what you said I take something that might be very important, this trick is mainly for social media. Patrick Kun is also into this thing so that's probably the reason for his endorsement.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6999 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Putting aside gimmick quality, what is the point of this effect? You shake two boxes out of one box but to what end? The other boxes can't be used for anything. What do you even say? "I have a box. Now I have two. Now I have three. Thank you." I mean, I guess you could do some sort of deck sw*tch for the other one but... that's a lot of work and would look super fishy. I just don't get it.

In terms of it being good for "social media magic", I guess. But it's not even magic. It just looks like a camera trick.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
tylerb
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of tylerb
Looks like a great trick. The complaints are coming from people that have little experience with this type of gimmick. Reminds me of Tjius color changing deck. If you have trouble fooling your audience then maybe you need to work harder to become a better magician.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, tylerb wrote:
Looks like a great trick. The complaints are coming from people that have little experience with this type of gimmick. Reminds me of Tjius color changing deck. If you have trouble fooling your audience then maybe you need to work harder to become a better magician.

Lol are you serious with your 15 posts ? Then you go on and actually have the audacity trying to tell others who have been performing magic live to real people for their whole lifetimes . We are not all wanting to do online magic , you can poke online magic up your jacksie imho Gaz 😊
Illusionist Snake
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Illusionist Snake
Hi Everyone, I bring this video and I hope to solve your doubts.

https://youtu.be/zc92WTLhEHY

I share Tylerb's thinking. There are many people who no longer loves spending time practicing magic and getting the most out of a magic trick. Well, each one is free to comment. I am still grateful to see his comments.see you
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Are you joking me ? I still practice magic nearly every single day and have been doing so for over 40 years . It has nothing to do with practice you can teach a chimpanzee to do this effect with minimal effort . It’s a shame Michael Jackson isn’t still around so Bubbles could prove it Gaz 😊
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1115 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, Illusionist Snake wrote:
I share Tylerb's thinking. There are many people who no longer loves spending time practicing magic and getting the most out of a magic trick.

As a working professional close up magician of over 25 years, I find this comment hugely disappointing. I don’t buy magic to practice with - I buy magic to perform with. To perform in working situations, which for me relates to working around tables and mix and mingle environments. My considerations when buying an effect include the following;

Angles
Reset time
Examinability
Pocket space

Of course these considerations wouldn’t matter in virtual situations I guess.

At the end of the day, the magic industry relies on volume sales, and the volume sales don’t come from professional workers like me. I don’t tend to buy much because I have buying criteria (as mentioned above) but understand that I am in a minority. Sadly, this product doesn’t fit with me, but I’m sure that it will for many others.

So do I practice. Yes everyday. But I only practice effects that will fit into my repertoire.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1117 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I'm curious how this compares to Henry Evan's Reflected Deck:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......599790#0
Gavin.Wong
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin.Wong
Hey guys, I've taken down the original review and uploaded an update after chatting with both the creators. All the issues that I had in my original video are addressed in my update video and, in my mind, are still valid.

I've toned down the aggressiveness because it's my understanding there was miscommunication between the creators about the final product/tutorial that was released. Therefore the aggressiveness towards John Byng in my original video is no longer warranted.

To address the "being able to perform out of the box" question, yes you can. The tutorial video makes it sound like you can't. I also wouldn't recommend performing it without the construction of the gimmicked deck box because of reasons stated in my update video. But I'll leave that decision to you.

It is also my understanding that Snake thinks I received a poorly manufactured gimmick because I am now noticing a new issue with ink smearing on both gimmicks after only having it for a few days. I'm trying to get a refund or replacement gimmicks to test this. If anybody else who purchased the product could keep an eye out for this and see if they have the same issue, that would be great for validity.

A lot of people said I should have gone to the creators directly before I posted my review. Had the issue been with just the gimmick then yes I would have. I did think at one point maybe I did get a bad gimmick. However, after watching the full tutorial video I noticed it was a list of things that I felt should have been addressed and the gimmick itself was just one of these issues.

Hope that clears a few things up.
Thanks, take care.

For those still interested and want to hear my opinion, here's my updated video. If you want to have a civil conversation about my video or the issues I discuss, I would like to. If you are going to attack me personally or say I'm wrong without any evidence to backup your claims, I will not respond to you. I have plenty of evidence to back up what I say in my video.
Thanks.

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5299 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

Yeah, Cameron Francis needs to work harder lol....
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
172 Posts

Profile of allan31
Quote:

Thank you for the good laugh
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
403 Posts

Profile of ritty360
This is terrible. You get two magnets and 24 hours of arts and crafts. Crap Crap Crap. The motivation for doing it is terrible too. Why am I shaking the deck. This is magical !@#$%^&*()_+ at it finest...hard pass.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
383 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
I followed the instructions closely and totally still messed up a box during construction. My fault completely. A new box and 5 minutes later it was good to go.

Now the box is one cohesive unit that can be tossed around mostly freely and handled casually enough. I think the gimmicks may perform better after some breaking-in but they work pretty well out of the box. Patrick Kuns additions are pretty great and I may have to do those soon. I was initially disappointed by the early reviews and thought I may have to take advantage of VanishingInc's generous return policy. After construction and some early practice I'm happy with this.

The productions are so visual I worry about people just missing the effect completely. Will look great on a promotional video.

I appreciate how difficult it is to bring a project to life and appreciate the people that share their ideas and creations with the rest of us.
"Challenge Your Reality"
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
172 Posts

Profile of allan31
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2021, JosephKerr wrote:
I followed the instructions closely and totally still messed up a box during construction. My fault completely. A new box and 5 minutes later it was good to go.

Now the box is one cohesive unit that can be tossed around mostly freely and handled casually enough. I think the gimmicks may perform better after some breaking-in but they work pretty well out of the box. Patrick Kuns additions are pretty great and I may have to do those soon. I was initially disappointed by the early reviews and thought I may have to take advantage of VanishingInc's generous return policy. After construction and some early practice I'm happy with this.

The productions are so visual I worry about people just missing the effect completely. Will look great on a promotional video.

I appreciate how difficult it is to bring a project to life and appreciate the people that share their ideas and creations with the rest of us.

Could you please show us a video because we all would like to watch how good it is... Thank you
Gavin.Wong
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin.Wong
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2021, JosephKerr wrote:

Can you let me know if you see any ink smearing on your gimmicks? Specifically where the magnets touch? Mine has started to show some smearing but I was told I have a poorly manufactured gimmick and am trying to get a new set to test.
Thanks!
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
137 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
Since it is already shipping to people can someone sum up the result?

is it worth paying $40 to buy this?

or it is one of those sansminds style....looks good on video and the physical item is like meh...
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8999 Posts

Profile of pegasus
‘Is THIS The GREATEST Magic Trick in The World?’

Let me answer that question for you.

No.

It’s possibly the most pointless magic trick in the world though.
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
172 Posts

Profile of allan31
We should not buy any Preorder anymore... Too many BS products !!!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8999 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2021, allan31 wrote:
We should not buy any Preorder anymore... Too many BS products !!!

I’ve been saying that since 2004 lol.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
I'm genuinely puzzled as to why people preorder. It's not like you're getting a discount. Are they afraid the item will sell out quickly? Do they want it as soon as possible and can't wait the extra week it will take if they order when it comes out? Is it really worth the risk of getting a dud ordering before there are any reviews? I just see no upside to preorders.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TRIPLE HELIX by Snake and John Byng ("I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun) (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL