The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TRIPLE HELIX by Snake and John Byng ("I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun) (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Correct there is no upside at all unless you have say seen it at Blackpool loved it but they had sold out . You then may possibly place a pre order for the second batch .
The only other time is certain creators only make to order so you have to pay for it and they will then make it otherwise they maybe sitting with a load of gaffed cards for example that no one will buy Gaz 😊
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
137 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
I think dealers should give some incentive when customers do pre-order.

I received a free deck and free shipping from www.theonlinemagicstore.com when I pre-order Watch This from them.

They even included a little thank you note too.

a free deck isn't much but it shows they care.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sansminds you mean ? Gaz 😊
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
I got on the edge for free for that pre-order. the best deal ever.

I do agree that dealers should give incentives for waiting time.

They get the advantage of ordering just the right amount of stock low risk for them but no advantage for consumers...

Quote:
On Jan 28, 2021, Infographicmagicreviews wrote:
I think dealers should give some incentive when customers do pre-order.

I received a free deck and free shipping from www.theonlinemagicstore.com when I pre-order Watch This from them.

They even included a little thank you note too.

a free deck isn't much but it shows they care.
peirceman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of peirceman
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2021, Gavin.Wong wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2021, allan31 wrote:
Why has the Gavin's Review disappeared ??? Smile

A lot of people said I should have gone to the creators directly before I posted my review. Had the issue been with just the gimmick then yes I would have. I did think at one point maybe I did get a bad gimmick. However, after watching the full tutorial video I noticed it was a list of things that I felt should have been addressed and the gimmick itself was just one of these issues.

I don't understand why you should have to reach out to the creators. It was their choice to put it on the market, and many folks will not have the option to reach out to anyone except who they bought it from. I rely on reviews to try and avoid garbage, and this sounds like something straight out of the can.
SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Pleasure Island NC
16 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2021, Gavin.Wong wrote:

Can you let me know if you see any ink smearing on your gimmicks? Specifically where the magnets touch? Mine has started to show some smearing but I was told I have a poorly manufactured gimmick and am trying to get a new set to test.
Thanks!

Hey Gavin, are the (smearing) areas around the magnets gray in color?
Gavin.Wong
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin.Wong
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2021, SlightlyTipsyMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2021, Gavin.Wong wrote:

Can you let me know if you see any ink smearing on your gimmicks? Specifically where the magnets touch? Mine has started to show some smearing but I was told I have a poorly manufactured gimmick and am trying to get a new set to test.
Thanks!

Hey Gavin, are the (smearing) areas around the magnets gray in color?

The smearing is the same color of the gimmick. The red gimmick has red smearing and the blue gimmick has blue ink smearing.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Does this ahow you how to make the gimmick if yours breaks?
tylerb
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of tylerb
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2021, pegasus wrote:
‘Is THIS The GREATEST Magic Trick in The World?’

Let me answer that question for you.

No.

It’s possibly the most pointless magic trick in the world though.

Is there anything you don't hate? Answer, no.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
There are loads of effects Pegasus loves ? We have been here nearly 20 years you have been here for 16 posts and literally 5 mins in contribution comparison . If an effect is a dog imo I will say so , if it’s golden I will say so too that’s what opinions are all about right ? Then people decide for themselves that’s what most people doing anyway ( call me old fashioned ) Gaz 😊
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3910 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Penguin always have glowing reviews they literally make them up themselves it’s as simple as that . This trick is pony Gaz 😊

This is why I prefer reviews by Café members over any reviews by people who either are, or have been in the business, or even pro or semi-pro reviewers. There are a lot of good ones out there, I'm not saying they are bad or have bad intentions, but they are never going to be as un-filtered or as un-biased as "regular" users.

Thanks for sharing your posts and valuable insights, Gaz!

KJ
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pleasure my friend Gaz 😊
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3910 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2021, CardGuyMike wrote:
I think this is a key difference between the hobbyist and the performer. The hobbyist looks at the eye candy and wants it because it looks so cool. The performer looks at it and realizes that it looks cool but doesn't have a place in their act and has too many negatives. Eye candy for the sake of it that must immediately be put away and forgotten is a problem. It maybe works as an opener or a throwaway transition effect but otherwise how do you use it as part of your act? I compare this to something like Flat Pack and find Flat Pack much easier to incorporate into the beginning of a card set.

Good point, if you have a routine that would benefit from this, then buy it. If you are just buying it for the eye candy, then maybe you should pass. I could see someone doing a two deck routine that uses this along with a reason to go into your pockets, like to get a sharpie. You produce a second deck, then go into your pockets for a sharpie and switch in the real deck.

KJ
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8999 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2021, tylerb wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2021, pegasus wrote:
‘Is THIS The GREATEST Magic Trick in The World?’

Let me answer that question for you.

No.

It’s possibly the most pointless magic trick in the world though.

Is there anything you don't hate? Answer, no.

Correct and let me add you to my long list.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1115 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Penguin always have glowing reviews they literally make them up themselves it’s as simple as that . This trick is pony Gaz 😊

This is why I prefer reviews by Café members over any reviews by people who either are, or have been in the business, or even pro or semi-pro reviewers. There are a lot of good ones out there, I'm not saying they are bad or have bad intentions, but they are never going to be as un-filtered or as un-biased as "regular" users.

Thanks for sharing your posts and valuable insights, Gaz!

KJ

Magic is a business for many. Dealers want to sell stuff, many reviewers get free samples - who knows if this clouds their thoughts? Someone who actually BUYS the product is probably a better choice of review, particularly if they have actually performed it to an audience. Also bear in mind many reviewers may not have the same buying motives as you. I’m a working pro, so when for example Craig Petty does a review I tend to pay more attention as he is also a working pro. A reviewer that performs to just friends and family only may not consider angle restrictions, set up time, pocket management issues, audience management issues etc. Many “big names” will rarely pay either for their free sample, but may have a personal friendship with the creator and simply want to help them to promote their release.

So reviews are ok but getting unbiased ones may be a challenge!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree with Sean , we all have a few favourite review guys who meet certain criteria just like when we look to add a trick to our set or just to buy to perform for friends . If you watch a couple of those fav reviews then really ask yourself is it really better than what I have already got and don’t even use ? If you give yourself a day to let the initial euphoria die down then you will save yourself a lot of money and make a more honest judgment to yourself . The considerations Sean mentions are the most important as it doesn’t matter how good it looks on camera if you are not comfortable with the angles or one certain aspect of it in the heat of a real performance it will probably end at home in the magic drawer imho Gaz 😊
WooG
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of WooG
I’ve had this for about a week. I was a bit nervous with the initial reviews but overall it’s managing to do what I was expecting out of it. Some limitations mentioned in reviews I would completely agree with, and there was about 5 mins of arts and crafts before being able to performing it “cleanly”. (Possible out of the box but not as clean).

Can’t speak much for the durability, have some doubts but with only playing around for a week it’s holding up. For virtual application it checks all boxes and works nicely. Don’t think currently I would have it in walk around, although it is possible.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1261 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Gavin Wong, I immediately subscribed to your channel after watching your review 💪
Thank you!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1565 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
This trick is just complete and total trash.

First of all why would you make packs of cards appear just to put them away. It makes no sense. Ans that’s just the start of the problems.

It’s a complete and totals up off and a fleetest example of what’s wrong with the magic community at the moment.

I reviewed it on the latest episode of my review show which went up tonight. I performed the trick as well but buyer beware - this trick is bottom drawer magic at best.

Here’s the link to the show. Any questions let me know.

https://youtu.be/2mLPelriYzg
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
Gavin.Wong
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin.Wong
Well said, Craig! I got a lot of hate from some of the bigger names in Magic when I bashed this in my review. Happy to hear that my favorite magic reviewer shares the same view that I have. Love your honestly and review videos as always. Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TRIPLE HELIX by Snake and John Byng ("I wish it was mine." -Patrick Kun) (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL