The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The chosen card keeps reversing. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
581 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
In this card trick a card is chosen by a spec and returned to the deck. When the deck is then fanned or spread the chosen card has reversed.
Anyone with info on where I can read up on this please?
Use the FORCE Luke.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2971 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
There are so many ways to achieve what you are asking such as a half pass of a single card. (The chosen card.) If you think about it and you have some experience in card handling, there are many possibilities.
I'm sure you are familiar with "Triumph" where the chosen card is found face up.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Hi David, yes, many ways as you say. I was thinking of a R&S deck for instance. I will check out 'Triumph" thanks.
Use the FORCE Luke.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2971 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
R&S deck is typically used for The "Invisible Deck" where a thought of card is the only card found reversed in the deck.
When you mentioned R&S the Invisible Deck immediately popped into my mind.

Triumph is a routine with a normal deck. A card is freely chosen, placed back in the deck, and the Magi mixes the cards all up, face up
and face down. With a magical gesture the cards are all facing the same direction, face down, except for the chosen card that is face up.

Hope that helps my friend.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20554 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Of all the methods possible, rough/smooth is the last one I would use.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Thanks David, I was hoping to find a non-sleight version. I have in mind a small packet (perhaps 12 to 18) fortune or tarot cards. I give them a reading, they pick a card (forced) and that's the one that keeps reversing. Sounds like something Harry Lorayne may have in one of his books but he is such a prolifc author I wouldn't know where to start looking.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I myself think that Tommy Wonders version is about the best, not hard, no set up, done with a regular deck, etc. what more could one ask for?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2176 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Why one would follow up a card reading with card tricks, to me, makes no sense. But to each their own I guess.

Take a look at this thread,
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&forum=2
It may help point you towards some ideas.
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
217 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
There is a wonderful routine in the booklet "SBS" (same on both sides). "Impossible unrreverse", I believe is the title.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Thank you Chuck, Wravyn and federico, lots for me to investigate here guys.
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The chosen card keeps reversing. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL