The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Don Alan Chop Cup routine standing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Daren
Does anyone perform this routine standing? From the notes I have read it is described to load from lap, I guess with some tweaks here and there it is possible right? But was just wondering if anyone did this standing already?
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
468 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Well, Don Alan does Smile ...

https://youtu.be/ll4Hsa1XalE
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Daren
Great thanks
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1856 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Not what is usually called stand up, but the very important knitch of bar magic.
Remember, drunks tip big.
Bally Hoo and Hullabaloo
one for me and none for you.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I did a version of that routine standing at trade shows. Of course, Don did, too.

One show that I did, the vendor I was working for had souvenir beer can insulators that were made of a foam rubber material, which he wanted me to give away. I got two of them from him ahead of time, gaffed it, and did the routine with that one. Then, I switched it out after the last ball production. As the spectators were leaving, I gave out a bunch of them.

+
+
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3225 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2021, ringmaster wrote:
Not what is usually called stand up, but the very important knitch of bar magic.
Remember, drunks tip big.

Now I'm hungry for a nice warm knitch from Yonah Schimmel's... Smile
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Spider
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Spider
Using a standard magic table in standup, you could hang a final load or two in ball hangers on the back of the table.
Alternatively, you could elevate the chop cup on a small wooden box "stage" that would be open to the back, placing your final loads inside that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Don Alan Chop Cup routine standing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL