The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MUSIC BOX by Gee Magic (Predict the spectator's THOUGHT OF SONG) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Imagine having a spectator think of a song, and as they play the music box their THOUGHT-OF-SONG begins to play!
OR
Turn a random song AS IT IS PLAYING into THEIR selected song.

Match a spectator's predictions in a totally UNIQUE and unexpected way that is 100% examinable.
5 powerful effects included, but the possibilities are endless.

MUSIC BOX Standard
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=67562

MUSIC BOX Premium
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=67563
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
"Imagine having a spectator think of a song"... WOW that would be impressive! "Thought of song"??? No, selected song. A BIG difference. Nice idea and prop. Horrible ad description! Nice that there is a video and this is not written in a catalog from 1983.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
IF doing this close-up or in a walk around setting, you will have to carry that long strip of music paper around in your hand as it is too long to put in a jacket pocket. You obviously cannot do this in a semi-noisy environment. It looks like a cute trick.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is it all self contained and the paper is just a red herring. I’d like to buy it for the 20 songs in one! Can the spectator hold or crank out the song?
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2021, MagicBrent wrote:
Is it all self contained and the paper is just a red herring. I’d like to buy it for the 20 songs in one! Can the spectator hold or crank out the song?

Where have you read that this is self contained?

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
The ad states you receive two special strips of paper so I assume you need to carry and insert the special paper into the music box.

You will receive:

- 25 strips of paper;
- 2 Special Strips of paper;
- 20 cards with songs and melodies written on;
- Music box and hole puncher;
- 10 (Standard V) 20 (Premium V) musics and melodies;
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
This too has caught my eye - partly because it offers something different and is intriguing.

I see it comes with a hole puncher and, as far as I understand it, one routine allows you to punch holes in the strip and end up with the predicted or thought of song. However my question is this. If you are punching holes in a strip and you are supplied with 25 strips of paper, does this mean you can only perform this effect 25 times? Or is there a way to get round this or, if necessary, buy more strips?

Neil
mitch731
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mitch731
I like the idea of this. Didn’t like the presentation though. I know exactly how I’d routine this effect. I think I might take the plunge
x3magic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of x3magic
Wonder Pop from Gee Magic was very poorly made. If this is of a higher quality made, can perhaps escape the junk drawer because it can be used as an interior design to decorate the room
Believe, and the magic will follow
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
The ad states you receive two special strips of paper so I assume you need to carry and insert the special paper into the music box.

You will receive:

- 25 strips of paper;
- 2 Special Strips of paper;
- 20 cards with songs and melodies written on;
- Music box and hole puncher;
- 10 (Standard V) 20 (Premium V) musics and melodies;

If you do some searching on the internet you will find that you are going to pay about $70 extra for instructions how to roll up a piece of paper and do a switch. (Well, I may be wrong, there might be more to it, but you get my meaning.)

Ok, I have always thought that youu should pay for great ideas and the devolpment of the same, but a $70 add on easyly found products is a little to much.

Or is it only me with an old man's grumbling again? Smile
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I wonder if this effect was inspired by the music box effect Justin Willman did on his Netflix series: https://youtu.be/aLPghAYUdQ8

That's the first thing I thought of as soon as I saw it.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
The idea using a music box in a magic routine is quite nice.
But the effect discussed here, is, at least to me personally, a bit, how should I put it, a bit vague.
I can not express my feelings about this effect in another way.
The routines don't feel like ready yet...

I think I'll stick to Christopher Taylors "Pink". There is a Music Box that reveals a prediction.
I found it in his Penguin Live, but perhabs it can be be found elswere?!
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, Phatmeat wrote:
I wonder if this effect was inspired by the music box effect Justin Willman did on his Netflix series: https://youtu.be/aLPghAYUdQ8

That's the first thing I thought of as soon as I saw it.

Or maybe they created the effect for him and now they are making it public
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
That's also a possibility. But if that were the case here I feel like they would've made a point to mention that in the ad copy as that's a big selling point ("as featured on..."). Yes, not necessarily, I realize that; however, I've noticed magic products that hit the market after they were featured on a big TV show tend to mention that in their ad copies to help promote their product. But this is just my hypothesis. 🤷‍♂️
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, Thomas Walter wrote:
The idea using a music box in a magic routine is quite nice.
But the effect discussed here, is, at least to me personally, a bit, how should I put it, a bit vague.
I can not express my feelings about this effect in another way.
The routines don't feel like ready yet...

I think I'll stick to Christopher Taylors "Pink". There is a Music Box that reveals a prediction.
I found it in his Penguin Live, but perhabs it can be be found elswere?!

The music box idea is not new at all. They just added an awful handling.

Also check Song Prediction by Julius Frack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leVCYDkSr9Y

NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Many many years ago Lee Earle put out a Music Box effect. The idea of using a Music Box is certainly not new but I have certainly never seen one with a strip of paper. It be interesting to see some reviews.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, NeilS wrote:
Many many years ago Lee Earle put out a Music Box effect. The idea of using a Music Box is certainly not new but I have certainly never seen one with a strip of paper. It be interesting to see some reviews.

Here is a 15 tone Music Box in a wooden box with Hole Puncher And Paper Tapes...
https://www.banggood.com/15-Tone-DIY-Han......house=CN
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Well that certainly it is something that resembles this very much. But I just don't know enough about this to see if anything was tweaked or not. I'm going to wait for reviews.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
Well that certainly it is something that resembles this very much. But I just don't know enough about this to see if anything was tweaked or not. I'm going to wait for reviews.

Good magic to all,

Eric

What you get for your money (in this routine) seems to be 10-30 ready punched tune paper strips (that you also, by the way, can find free on the Internet as pdf:s) plus, of course, routine ideas.

But after watching the demos, I must say that they looked a bit confusing... Or is it only me...?
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, Thomas Walter wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, NeilS wrote:

Here is a 15 tone Music Box in a wooden box with Hole Puncher And Paper Tapes...
https://www.banggood.com/15-Tone-DIY-Han......house=CN

Thanks for that Thomas. Magicians helping magicians. What this site used to be all about.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MUSIC BOX by Gee Magic (Predict the spectator's THOUGHT OF SONG) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL