The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » OmniTool by Julien Losa (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
725 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I just checked Steven's Magic Emporium today and noticed that Magic Dream has released a V2 of Julien Losa's OmniTool deck! I've been lucky to have had the FIRST version and it is quite versatile for stage and close up (I've even been fortunate enough to see Julien slay audiences with this live on stage in front of a huge crowd.) I recieved this directly from Julien when he first released it - however - it has been quite hard for any American performers to get their hands on this as Julien has been traveling. NOW - Steven's looks to have the exclusive on it for direct shipments to North America!

The nice thing with this new version is that the packaging has been completely reimagined and now looks as if its an innocent object you would have picked up in an airport gift shop during your travels to help with learning a new language. I will most likely be picking this up just for the updated graphics and packaging (even if the original still suits me just fine!)

Check it out here! https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/omnito......QnBXkq0o

Summary from Stevens Magic: We at Stevens Magic love this effect (with all respect to normal playing cards) the fact is they are over played – over and over again. Some of the most successful commercial effects are one’s where the creators recognize they can truly make an exponential shift by altering the canvas surface size of a playing card by incorporating other images! This offers a multi-beneficial feature of removing is psychologically as just another playing card effect, as well as provide an almost infinite opportunity to incorporate other aspects then just a card pip and number. Take Phil Goldstein’s – Mind’s Eye Deck (Ton Onosaka) or even Magic Dreams incredible PLM by Vincent Roca as just TWO examples that immediately come to mind to support this fact. With over 45 years experience selling magic to professionals and hobbyist – we at Stevens Magic know a little about what make an effect great. Omni Tool fits that critique!

Julien Losa finally offers you the routine he uses in all his shows! Now available in Poker format, printed on quality cards, this game is so versatile and powerful it will never leave you. A real tool for all mentalists.

Ingeniously concealed in a foreign language learning game, OMNITOOL allows you to achieve full effects of mentalism, in all conditions (close-up, living room and stage).

You will be able to vary and chain numbers such as:

Thought readings
Word divinations
Duplicate drawings
Pseudopsychometric type effect
Readings
Q&A
OMNITOOL is THE WORLD’S SIMPLEST Picture / Word Rosary! We showed it to people who didn’t know anything about rosaries and, in less than 2 minutes, they had memorized all the cards. Plus, even after an extended period of non-use, reactivation is incredibly easy and will only take you a few seconds.
In the explanatory video, Julien gives in detail all the secrets of his 3-phase routine that made him popular. More than 1h30 of explanations during which you can watch 2 performances performed live during his shows. They will allow you to realize the impact of OMNITOOL!

You receive :

26 cards (marked) with the memorized rosary
26 cards in “Tossed Out Deck” (TOD)
1 double back card
1 double-sided card
1 explanatory video in ENGLISH and or FRENCH with more than 1h30 with 2 live performances

Strong points :

As easy to do as it is to learn
Very powerful effects on the audience
Usable in all conditions: close-up, living room and stage
Many possible routines
Packs small Plays big
A complete and detailed explanatory video so you can start using it very quickly, the link and password are on the top tab flap of the packaging
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
x3magic
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of x3magic
How does this compare to Snaps or Photographic Deck?
Believe, and the magic will follow
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
53 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, x3magic wrote:
How does this compare to Snaps or Photographic Deck?

Hello!
I'm Julien, the creator of Omnitool...

Its complicated to compare as they're very different ! The only thing in common being : objects printed on cards.
Regarding the "system" used : in Snaps you'd use those to reveal things, in Omnitool they're used secretly (as in, you don't show the system).
IMHO Omnitool is more of a mentalist tool, when Snaps is more for card magic (do NOT get me wrong, both uses are good ! I'm just trying to explain the differences)

In Omnitool's manual, I explain several mind reading routines for close up, parlor, stage (I even included readings, memory stunt, and even a Q and A).
Regarding the deck by itself :
Snaps and photographic deck are "photos printed on a deck of cards"
Omnitool is a "deck of flashcards with drawings to learn a foreign language" (french or english)
Snaps provides a lot of cards with numbers/esp/letters, while Omnitool provides "only" 26 drawings (as they don't have the same purpose) and a TOD version.

So, yeah, as you can see : one similarity (objects printed on cards) but lots of differences..

Hope I answered your question correctly ! Have a great day !

Best,
Julien
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Only available in SME?
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
53 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, rockbrunnen wrote:
Only available in SME?

Looks like they have it at Alakazam as well 😊
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1934 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Any chance this will be available through Penguin? That’s where I buy most of my effects. SME doesn’t offer an option for free shipping, even if you spend $100.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
53 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2021, Stunninger wrote:
Any chance this will be available through Penguin? That’s where I buy most of my effects. SME doesn’t offer an option for free shipping, even if you spend $100.

I'll try ! 😊
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
53 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Quote:

As of today, it is available through Penguin ! Woohoo !
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1934 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, ma-j-cien wrote:
Quote:

As of today, it is available through Penguin ! Woohoo !

Nice! Thank you Smile
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
brianmcg
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of brianmcg
I just received Omnitool today - the cards are well designed and look like language flashcards. The stack is so easy to remember - and impossible to forget. The instructional video is does a great job of teaching the system. The PDF includes a very clever Q&A performance idea and other bonus effects. I purchased via Vanishing and I am delighted!

Merci d'avoir créé ceci! Je vais l'utiliser souvent.
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
53 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2021, brianmcg wrote:
I just received Omnitool today - the cards are well designed and look like language flashcards. The stack is so easy to remember - and impossible to forget. The instructional video is does a great job of teaching the system. The PDF includes a very clever Q&A performance idea and other bonus effects. I purchased via Vanishing and I am delighted!

Merci d'avoir créé ceci! Je vais l'utiliser souvent.

Hello ! and thank you very much for the kind words !!! Omnitool has been with me since early 2016, then released in french and it took quite a few years to publish it in english 😅 I'm really happy about this !
If you have any question, feel free to reach out !

best,
Julien
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2541 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Several dealers have made Omnitool their trick of the week and so I thought I would buy and check it out.

I have now had the effect for a week and it really appeals. The images of the cards have been carefully chosen and lend themselves well for a drawing duplication or building up to a delightful reveal. There is a lot of scope for interpretation.

The cards are clearly marked although, as I wear reading glasses, can see me not using the marks and using a stack instead.

Because of the nature of the cards, the stack is very easy to remember and again some clever thinking has gone into this. It did not take too long for me to recall the various cards and unlike some card sets, Omnitool is very easy to master and perfect.

In addition to main sequence of cards you get a tossed out deck and some fakes. Again I can see these potentially useful but will probably just use the main set to perform.

The video instructions are well explained as well as being entertaining to watch and the pdf is again thorough with some useful 'food for thought.'

Another useful item is the packaging for you to keep the cards you use to perform. This looks genuine.

All in all, Omnitool has surpassed expectations, being easy to learn, offering great entertainment and performance value as well as looking a natural and unsuspicious tool. Although I am naturally suspicious when I see effects being hailed as the 'Trick of the Week,' in this case it is justified.

If you like the look of the effect and cards, then I very much recommend.

Neil
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
53 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Hello !
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your review ! I'm glad you're enjoying my ideas 😊
Would you have any question, feel free to reach out !

Best,

Julien
BernieSantos
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of BernieSantos
PropDog have reviewed this, and given their sometimes brutal honesty, I find you can trust a positive review.

ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
53 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2021, BernieSantos wrote:
PropDog have reviewed this, and given their sometimes brutal honesty, I find you can trust a positive review.

YES ! I saw that review !! I was so happy !!

Also would like to mention : in the video I explain QUICKLY one of the routines (that's rather a classic memorized stack routine btw) you can do with Omnitool, but in the description of the video, there's a link to a pdf/booklet with LOTS of ideas/routines ! So... don't skip that guys ! 😊

Best,
Julien
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » OmniTool by Julien Losa (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL