The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Peek Wallet (Jaks style) by Secret Tannery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
886 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Good day everybody! Hope everyone is staying safe during the pandemic.
Been a long time since I reviewed anything here on the Café.
I’d like to share a VERY positive review about a product I recently purchased (I actually bought 2 of them).
There are many peek wallets on the market. I myself own a couple, which I absolutely love. I have Dee Christopher’s Razor Wallet, and Gerard Kearney’s Peek Note Wallet.
What I’m reviewing today is another fantastic peek wallet by Gerard Kearney of Secret Tannery, simply called the peek wallet, which is different than the peek note (peek note has a currency compartment, and an entirely different peek than the peek wallet).
The peek wallet is made from beautiful black Napa leather with blue stitching, which adds a nice touch of style! The wallet itself is very compact, not at all bulky. It’s a trifold, and has room for business cards, credit cards, ID. Again, no currency compartment on this one, as compared to the peek note wallet. That of course is up to the individual, but to me, this is a perfect, pretty minimal, basic, EDC type wallet.
For those familiar with Jaks wallets, the peek on this is absolutely fantastic and easy to obtain. The wallet comes with a link to an online tutorial on how to handle the wallet, the tutorial is provided by Magick Balay over at Tannen’s. I saw a few complaints about the instructional video, I don’t know if they changed the video, but to me personally, I thought it was very well taught. You’re shown a couple different ways to open the wallet, a few variations to obtain the peek (there was a one handed method which I thought was very clever).
Overall, if you want a high quality leather, simple everyday wallet with a ridiculously simple peek, this is probably your best bet. I bought mine from Gerard himself at www.secrettannery.com
5 stars! Highly recommended 👍
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Thanks for the review; I appreciate it. I am considering looking at one of the two: Peek Note or this Jaks style. Do you have any thoughts when comparing the two, or does it really just come down to what kind of p##k you like between the two? The other thing I am considering is I would like to carry some packet tricks in it as well, so does either have slots big enough for poker sized cards? Thank you!
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
886 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Luke Master,
There’s a couple of differences between the two. The method of peek, and being able to put notes (bills) in the wallet. Truthfully, you can place folded up bills in the slots in the Jaks wallet as well, although I’d rather use the slots provided for credit cards and business cards, like it’s intended to be. The peek note has a currency compartment, so in that aspect, I’d go for the peek note.
I love them both equally though. Each has its own peeking method, but they’re both very easy to use.
With regards to the packet tricks, I would say both wallets are too small to put playing cards.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Mor
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, ImpromptuBoy wrote:
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Mor

Thank you very much, appreciate it!
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
ImpromptuBoy

I may have missed it, but in your opinion, what makes Peek wallet better than any other Jaks wallet?
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
886 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Tony,
The only other Jaks wallet Im aware of, other than the one from Secret Tannery, is the Jol Jaks wallet, produced by Propdog, which I hear great things about as well, but I don’t own it. And as far as I know, the Jol Jaks wallet doesn’t have credit card slots, so to me, the secret tannery Jaks wallet is superior in terms of functionality
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3746 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Personally this is my favourite peek wallet. I have a few other Jaks wallets but this is my favourite due to the quality of the craftsmanship. It is beautifully made in high quality leather and exudes quality. Functionally I don’t think it is better or worse than my other Jaks wallets.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2021, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Personally this is my favourite peek wallet. I have a few other Jaks wallets but this is my favourite due to the quality of the craftsmanship. It is beautifully made in high quality leather and exudes quality. Functionally I don’t think it is better or worse than my other Jaks wallets.

Mark

Yeah Mark I am really digging this style. Just ordered one to try it out!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2396 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have the peek note, it is a hi end, luxurious, exceptionally well made wallet, that allows you a real time peak in a very smooth logical way. It’s a masterpiece.
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
There is another product from Larry Becker that is very similar.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1142 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I have the Peek Note version. Agree with everyone, it is of excellent quality, easy method. Very classy indeed. Great video instructions.

My all-time favorite though is the Complete Peek Wallet from Tony Miller (RFA Productions).
Also, excellent quality. And numerous routine ideas, etc.
I like that it enables you to load predictions, which I truly love! And of course the peek. He has a demo on his website of the prediction effect (obviously you can do your own and create numerous routines)
By all means, not "Better". As it depends on what you want and how you plan to use it.
They both provide very simple methods, easy to master.

The ST line-up is def classy!

Mike
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I have several Jaks wallets. All are good some better than others. I have found that with proper handling, they ALL are deceptive. Just watch your angles and PRACTICE in front of a tri mirror
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Peek Wallet (Jaks style) by Secret Tannery (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL