The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Different type Of Spirit Bell (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
I love offbeat effects that require no electronic. I purchased an effect from Joe Long a while back called Adrians Spirit Glass, It came with a nice box and velvet bag to keep it in. This uses no electronics, just a small wood dowel with a string tied to it. A glass is tied to the end of the string and then hangs from the dowel. You ask a question and the glass produces a soft ring to what ever you ask. I use one for yes two for no and sometimes three for maybe. You can use it for other routines that require a ring of some kind like find an object or card. It is simple direct just a string ,dowel and glass. This is a real fooler as no hand movements required just hold the dowel and and make it ring any time as many times as you want. I got to tell you it is so much better than electronic bells, I have an electronic one and it just does not compare. This thing could start a new religion. Joe may still have a set if anyone is interested.
I don't understand all I know about this
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I never use spirit bells as a Q&A because it takes away from the effect and get boring after a short time for the spectators. I suggest lt should only sound once or twice during the performance.

As for better than an electronic bell, let me see you ring it from 30 feet away. Each has it's purpose and function.

I have this bell and also electronic devices. I like each for what it is intended.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
Hello Weepinwil, I agree with you both are good and have their own uses. As for the glass bell I was just throwing out ideas, however I got the idea of three rings for maybe because someone asked if they would win the lottery. LOL I didn't want to say yes or no so I just told them maybe and they were happy with that. I am not a mentalist or seance guy but I do collect some effects for that. Anyway we have fun doing such routines from time to time and it is a gas. I really like bizarre magic. If I was younger (84 yrs.) I would certainly get into spooky routines full time but alas not possible.
I don't understand all I know about this
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, Gerald Blankenship wrote:
Hello Weepinwil, I agree with you both are good and have their own uses. As for the glass bell I was just throwing out ideas, however I got the idea of three rings for maybe because someone asked if they would win the lottery. LOL I didn't want to say yes or no so I just told them maybe and they were happy with that. I am not a mentalist or seance guy but I do collect some effects for that. Anyway we have fun doing such routines from time to time and it is a gas. I really like bizarre magic. If I was younger (84 yrs.) I would certainly get into spooky routines full time but alas not possible.

We are both pretty much in the same category. I am more a collector than a performer these days. One of my favorite electronic devices I use as a spirit lamp is Etherica. I used it with a White Star Routine and it was a chiller. Like you, I found bizarre magic late in my magic life. Until then, I was thinking about giving up on doing magic. Bizarre magic rekindled my desire.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
There are several presentations for the glass-string-stick method in "Magic and Showmanship" by Henning Nelms.

Barry
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2021, mindmagic wrote:
There are several presentations for the glass-string-stick method in "Magic and Showmanship" by Henning Nelms.

Barry

Thanks for the information. I was not aware of this book.
Jiggery-Pokery
View Profile
New user
Scotland
55 Posts

Profile of Jiggery-Pokery
I have used the crystal spirit bell for over 30 years now. It is a powerful and elegant effect - when performed in moderation. Over used it becomes a cheesy parlor game fast..

There are some excellent sources for Crystal Spirit Bells & Glasses available to mystery performers.

With these bells available to those who know where to look, I have written a small book on the handling, improvements, performance, disasters, and stories of the bell.

Taken from my over 30 years performance of this signature effect I am humbly offering the good, the bad, and the ugly for your edification and entertainment. Additional content contributed from Michael J. Fraughton, including. “The Light Seance” , which describes the making and handling of the crystal spirit bell, as published in the Dark Waltz among other surprise features.

Pick up your copy in time for All Hallows’. Something wicked this way comes….
Autumnal Equinox 2021 release.

PDF & Elegant Casebound (case bound will include a PDF copy) - Link for ordering will be available shortly.
Invovo legem magicarum
thorny457
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of thorny457
Hi everyone
Does anyone have for sale or know where I can purchase a spirit bell similar to the one Spidey uses with box and bell on string
Thank you
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
581 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Can we get a different url for the Crystal Bell pdf release please? The others don't seem to be working for me. Thanks
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Different type Of Spirit Bell (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL