The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hour Glass By Lebanon Circle (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
This looks very good. I have seen other hour glass effects and this one seems to be quality. I have never dealt with these folks seems they have been around a while.
Their site says up to 8 weeks delivery time. I am sure some of you folks have dealt with them before. What do you think of their hour glass effect?

Thanks In Advance Gerald
I don't understand all I know about this
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hi Gerald. Lebanon Circle is run by Dan Baines. I have been a customer of Dan’s for a number of years and would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him or any of his suppliers His customer service is second to none. I don’t own one of the Lebedev hour glasses myself but the reviews I’ve seen have been overwhelmingly positive. Dan is currently extremely busy but I think that these ship from Russia not from the U.K. so might be worth just dropping Dan a quick note via the Lebanon Circle website to confirm lead times with him.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Thanks Bogbadger
I will give him a try.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
I have one I bought from Dan years ago. Great piece of kit. Top notch company to do business with. Highly recommended.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Dan is always dependable. Done business on several occasions.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Viking has one for $119.00. Everything I have purchased from them over the years is top notch. What do you guys think of the one they have.
?
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Need some help deciding between Viking and Lebanon Circle and Viking model of the Hour Glass. Viking says no electronics, this tells me the magi has to hold the glass. This bothers me a bit, as it seems the magi has to hold the piece to perform it. This might cause some folks to question the effect, however crowd control and presentation would help this. Viking's is 119.00. Lebanon Circle model is electronic and you can be hands off. The model I pick is 15cm and costs around 160.00 US shipped from Russia. The turn around time is 4 weeks, the time to receive is no problem for me. However one thing bothers me on electronic effects is what happens when it fails. This thing is Russian where would you be able to get it repaired? So need your expert advice on this.
Thanks in advance
Gerald
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
I would suggest checking with Dan on the electronic issue - I have one of the 15cm version that I bought from him a few years ago at that price and it is not electronic. However, it is very nicely made and works great. I would recommend it and Dan has great customer service.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2021, Gerald Blankenship wrote:
Need some help deciding between Viking and Lebanon Circle and Viking model of the Hour Glass. Viking says no electronics, this tells me the magi has to hold the glass. This bothers me a bit, as it seems the magi has to hold the piece to perform it. This might cause some folks to question the effect, however crowd control and presentation would help this. Viking's is 119.00. Lebanon Circle model is electronic and you can be hands off. The model I pick is 15cm and costs around 160.00 US shipped from Russia. The turn around time is 4 weeks, the time to receive is no problem for me. However one thing bothers me on electronic effects is what happens when it fails. This thing is Russian where would you be able to get it repaired? So need your expert advice on this.
Thanks in advance
Gerald

The Lebanon Circle version is not electronic. It is very simple to use and incorporates no electronics. It is also very easy to control with a very fine degree of accuracy once you have the hang of it. The flow can be stopped altogether in an instant, or slowed to a trickle with quite a precise touch once you have learned its sweet point. I always perform with it held in the hand of a spectator and demonstrated it like this at Doomsday a couple of years ago. You do have to be reasonably close, but not touching. The Lebanon Circle version is also shipped from the creator in Russia (and very well packed indeed), which explains the delivery time. If you have a good story / routine for an item like this, it's superb in every respect.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Thanks so much gents. Still need your opinion of the Viking model it is built by them.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2021, ManxBull wrote:

The Lebanon Circle version is not electronic.

One of the options may very well be, as in another thread the creator was discussing an electronic version/"add on."
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Well you guys convinced me that Lebanon is the way to go so ordered the 15cm.
Thank you all very much for your help
Gerald
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
Thanks so much gents. Still need your opinion of the Viking model it is built by them.

"built" hahahaha

anyway, they all work the same, so it's about time, money, and look. Looking at the pictures, I think the Lebedev Edition does a better job disguising "the works," but you can see and decide that for yourself.

s
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
Well you guys convinced me that Lebanon is the way to go so ordered the 15cm.
Thank you all very much for your help
Gerald

eh. if you wanted electronic, better check with Dan. as others have said, that price is probably NOT electronic.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

I was mistaken on the electronics. However the method is practically fool proof. So I pulled the trigger. Looking forward to this jewel.
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
This is a photo taken at Doomsday. Adam is holding the hourglass in his hand. I am standing close by, directing his attention to the box in front of him. From that position, I am close enough to control the flow of sand absolutely with the slightest micro movements, imperceptible, either to continue, to slow, or to stop or restart, gradually or suddenly. Control is that precise once you have become familiar with the 'sweet spot'.

Click here to view attached image.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Thanks for photo Manx, looks like a real winner.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Just received the Hour Glass this morning. It was packed very well. This is a little jewel and works so easy. Many story routines come to mind for this one. I want to thank all you folks that gave me some direction on this piece, it is very nice and as you all said the customer service is outstanding.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
How many seconds does the hourglass go for?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I have the small "pocket" version & it goes for 2 min exactly. Great lil item to use by itself or with another effect, I love mine !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hour Glass By Lebanon Circle (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL