The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BOXING MATCH 2.0 by Katsuya Masuda (the creator of WOW) (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8980 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, The Great Dave wrote:
Magic Café has drifted from being reviews to being "I'm guessing I know how it's done! And I can prove it!" which is no good to me as a prospective buyer and also violates the Magicians Code. Very lame perspective. Dave

You should read the sub forum rules, which allows speculation without providing the ‘secret’. It should be very good for you as a prospective buyer so that you can be certain that you’re not buying complete rubbish.
Magic Chris
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
104 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
Hi there

There is another performance,
this time from blue box & cards to red ones!

I‘m afraid there‘s a bit of a noise issue, when the
box changes....this was better covered by Craig‘s
son (snipping with finger at the same time).

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Definitely agree with Craig's review of this on all fronts. I would also add that the reveal of the jokers at the end is by far the weakest part of this routine, and I can't understand why I'd want to end it on that point. I'm far more interested in the box and especially the chosen card changing color. Craig's suggested improvements will make this far stronger.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4101 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
There was definitely noise during the box change, but he 'covered' for it by dropping the box as it occurred - a nice touch.

As for the change itself, I have visions of that clear IET, which I find not particularly reliable. No idea how it's done, but it does look great, no doubt.

Quote:
On Mar 27, 2021, Magic Chris wrote:
Hi there

There is another performance,
this time from blue box & cards to red ones!

I‘m afraid there‘s a bit of a noise issue, when the
box changes....this was better covered by Craig‘s
son (snipping with finger at the same time).

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I've had the chance to perform this several times now and so far the box has always flipped over perfectly well and stayed put someone pointed out on here that probably the weight of the cards helps make this a bit more reliable I believe that may be the case. It takes a little practice to know the right height and how much of a flick you need to make the successful but once you get that down pat you could pretty much depend on this being reliable. Also I know some things have been said about the final two cards turning over and revealing the color change as well I believe although not the strongest part of this effect the way it is handled honestly lets it get by the average Observer. I really like this affect a lot.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, The Great Dave wrote:
Magic Café has drifted from being reviews to being "I'm guessing I know how it's done! And I can prove it!" which is no good to me as a prospective buyer and also violates the Magicians Code. Very lame perspective. Dave

You should read the sub forum rules, which allows speculation without providing the ‘secret’. It should be very good for you as a prospective buyer so that you can be certain that you’re not buying complete rubbish.

Totally agree that is the whole point of this section of the Café, speculation of new and up coming effects.
No one here knows how’s it’s actually done we are just speculating on how we think it’s done. I think Dave you want the tricks and effects section if you want reviews, it’s no ones fault if a lot of people jump on here and use the wrong sections before posting. That’s how the gullible buy effects in the first place they get sucked in by the hype and don’t read the Café rules, this section helps to avoid such practices and saves people money Gaz 😊
Magic Chris
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
104 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5229 Posts

Profile of videoman
Many folks were saying they were going to buy this for the card case alone, which sounds like they are expecting it to be this mechanical marvel. I think they must be thinking like a magician. Because to me it looks like the method for that is very basic and I believe very old. Hope people enjoy simplicity and are not disappointed.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4101 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2021, videoman wrote:
Many folks were saying they were going to buy this for the card case alone, which sounds like they are expecting it to be this mechanical marvel. I think they must be thinking like a magician. Because to me it looks like the method for that is very basic and I believe very old. Hope people enjoy simplicity and are not disappointed.

Guilty as charged Smile It took me awhile, lol.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BOXING MATCH 2.0 by Katsuya Masuda (the creator of WOW) (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL