The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SUMMIT by Patrick Kun and Abstract Effects ("It's the trick of the year for me." -Ekaterina) (159 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..22~23~24 [Next]
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1758 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Jonathan, dude, chill. Get off the high horse. We’re discussing this the way we always do here. If you don’t like it feel free to not participate.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

PS If anybody is to blame for the speculation I would say it’s the guy who cut the trailer and the Other Bro’s who released a couple too many misleading ads.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, Jonathan1000 wrote:
The post on which you rely to justify exposure in this forum also provides that REVIEWS may not be posted here. So it appears the words you cite are far from gospel.

So because people post reviews in here we SHOULDN'T use this section for what it was intended for? That was the best argument you could cobble together?

Quote:
You also seem to believe that laymen don't read the green pages. Nonsense! Just Google virtually any trick name and you'll see that the Café discussion of the effect is invariably among the first listings.

Let me understand how you think this plays out. You show them a thought of card in a Sharpie. Then, magically, they think to google the name "Summit." And somehow they get to this site. Sure, that seems likely.

Quote:
"Finally, you say there are easier places to go to learn the secret to SUMMIT. I disagree but here's a chance to prove your point: List any one of those many, easily consulted sites that gives away the secret to SUMMIT."

I didn't say there were easier places to learn the secret to this trick. You struggle with reading comprehension. I said there are easier places to learn secrets. Laymen watch exposure videos on youtube and facebook. They don't google trick names they don't know and read through pages and pages of a magic message board in order to try and decipher what it means when someone says "Instagrab with a sharpie."

This entire site is devoted to people discussing methods in relation to specific tricks. Getting all indignant about that in one specific thread is bizarre.
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of leosx1
In terms of "to marker effects", imho signed bill to marker is a much stronger effect.
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Your response to my challenge -- or I should say complete evasion of it -- says it all. You've also stooped to snarky insults which make me so, so tempted to respond in kind. I see that happen a lot on the Café -- and it does the Café members a true disservice. No one else cares about our arguments. Or if they do, it should be in a different thread. This thread is about SUMMIT and we owe it to the creators of the effect as well as this community to shut up and let the thread get back on topic. And that's just what I'm going to do.

If you want to continue this "conversation" in a different thread and can do so without resorting to insults, PM me.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Open up your mind
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of Open up your mind
Jonathan100, this is an open thread. If you dislike it, that doesn’t mean you can stop other people from posting on it, even if you started the thread in the first place.
Open up your mind
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of Open up your mind
Forgot to mention you didn’t start it anyway.
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, Open up your mind wrote:
Jonathan100, this is an open thread. If you dislike it, that doesn’t mean you can stop other people from posting on it, even if you started the thread in the first place.

Of course that's true! My point was that, for my part, I will no longer contribute to an off-topic debate that interrupts the on-topic discussion. I certainly can't stop others from going off topic, unhelpful as that may be. What made you conclude I felt otherwise?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Jonathan, I’m late to this party but if people Google trick names then come on here to read about them then I’d suggest they’re as qualified as 95% of Café members.

Folk used to say the same thing about books on magic in general book stores but that’s exactly how many people took up magic as a hobby.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9075 Posts

Profile of pegasus
“Ok I want you to imagine a beautiful lady in a long red dress wearing a crown.”
“Have you got it?”
“Yes”
“Ok, now think of a playing card”
“Queen of hearts”
“Look in this sharpie”
“OMG, it’s the Queen of hearts”
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1382 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, pegasus wrote:
“Ok I want you to imagine a beautiful lady in a long red dress wearing a crown.”
“Have you got it?”
“Yes”
“Ok, now think of a playing card”
“Queen of hearts”
“Look in this sharpie”
“OMG, it’s the Queen of hearts”

You definitely need to work on your presentational skills
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
More landfill as Alex says on the PD Live.
You are better of having 6 Sharpies in your pocket.
The trailer bends the truth more than any other I have seen.
It uses equivoque and they name their card. Bef
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9075 Posts

Profile of pegasus
If you’re willing to pay the asking price for the gimmick pen then I think you’d have a good effect. Just use it in conjunction with DFB. No need for all the dodgy equivoque.

BUT. Who TF is Jim Whittaker? They cannot even get factual information correct. The first person(s) to summit Everest was the British Explorer Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay.
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
If you use dfb then you wouldn't need this. It is just an empty Sharpie.

This is a complete waste of time and money and the fact they lie in the trailer is disgusting.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9075 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, Harry Patter wrote:
If you use dfb then you wouldn't need this. It is just an empty Sharpie.

If you had DFB you’d understand what I mean. Delete boring, dodgy equivoque and insert DFB. They go to write their card out as per the demo and continue with trick. No deck needed.
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
I'm meant you don't need Summit. You can use dfb and an empty Sharpie you have rolled a card into.
The Sharpie with Summit doesn't work. It is an ordinary empty Sharpie.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, Harry Patter wrote:
More landfill as Alex says on the PD Live.
You are better of having 6 Sharpies in your pocket.
The trailer bends the truth more than any other I have seen.
It uses equivoque and they name their card. Bef

FFS, those Other Bro’s cannot seem to produce honest ad copy...
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
There a gap in the logic here - why is the card in the sharpie?

If this is played as a magic trick, wouldn't this presentation make more sense ?

The magician hands the spectator a deck of cards. the spectator is instructed to think of just one card.
The magician then taps the deck with the sharpie. "did you feel that?"
He tells the spectator to "turn over the deck, find your card and sign it"

The spectator goes through the deck but can't find his card. The magician opens the sharpie and reveals the card.

Also, if the spectator doesn't name the card(s) you where hoping for you can now go into another routine with their card Smile
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Veteran user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
372 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, Mr. Dural wrote:
There a gap in the logic here - why is the card in the sharpie?

If this is played as a magic trick, wouldn't this presentation make more sense ?

The magician hands the spectator a deck of cards. the spectator is instructed to think of just one card.
The magician then taps the deck with the sharpie. "did you feel that?"
He tells the spectator to "turn over the deck, find your card and sign it"

The spectator goes through the deck but can't find his card. The magician opens the sharpie and reveals the card.

Also, if the spectator doesn't name the card(s) you where hoping for you can now go into another routine with their card Smile

A Sharpie and a Get Sharky Deck, or Pocket Nightmare Deck! Done!
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of academy
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
That's a big statement from Ekat. Therefore I'm interested, despite the fact that the Other Brothers are involved.

What kind of credibility can have a person who calls "trick of the year" something marketed in January? Ekaterina is clearly aspiring to "the Other Sister award".

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SUMMIT by Patrick Kun and Abstract Effects ("It's the trick of the year for me." -Ekaterina) (159 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL