The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Balducci (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicRabbit77
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of MagicRabbit77
I got the video and I tried on my sister.She even found out how it worked(she is 9).She was in the right position 8 feet away 45 degrees.I don't know what I'm doing wrong is it me or is this magic trick disapointing?

Maybe it just me and I'm doing it bad,any suggestions?
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Maybe you should practise some more with a mirror.

James
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Make sure you're wearing shoes.

And it is NOT ALWAYS 8 FEET AWAY. It depends on the height of the spectator.
protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
Take one of your friend and practise the angle infront of him.It's the best way to find out the right angle.And now that your sister knows the trick,you can take her help too.There is one more tip,don't try to fly much!!!!Just lift 2/3 inches and jump back to ground fast.or you'll be busted(i have this experience).
MagicRabbit77
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of MagicRabbit77
Thank you guys 4 your advice.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
TRY KING RISING
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
I would agree with dynamiteassasin. I would try and avoid the Balducci levitation. In my experience the majority of laymen know how this levitation is done.
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
For a completely impromptu levitation, it is unparralelled. The elevator is much better, but if you don't have it with you, the Balducci is the next best thing.
DON'T 0VERDO IT! Don't let them dwell on it. Do it quick and low, and people will freak. And remember, even though David Blaine did it on his special many times, he didn't show the many times he screwed up. I've freaked some people out, and had them scream; but I have had other times where people saw it immediately.
I've had people ask if I actually had to gather up my magical energy, completly serious! The things you can convince people of! One person asked me why I didn't use my powers for good.
The great Sandwich!
magicman123
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of magicman123
Make sure you are wearing long pants or baggy jeans. It won't work with shorts. Make sure the pants cover your feet some too it kelps.
MagicRabbit77
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of MagicRabbit77
Okay, thanks.
protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
Today I've performed the balducci for a friend of mine.and can you belive,i was bare footed.Actually we were in his studyroom reading books.suddenly my heart wanted to perform a levitation to amaze him.As I had no shoes in my feet,king rising was out of question.So I tried the balducci.i was sure that he will find it out.but I don't know how,he didn't figured it out.he was shocked.I think the trick worked because of my long pants and a good acting(i acted like superman).you guys can try it too.But don't tell me if you are busted.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I guess its better not to tip them on what is about to happen. Telling the spec in advance of your levitation will make the spec burn their eyes on your feet from the start.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Also try Andruzzi Levitation, however, you gotta get some new shoes...
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Rannie, I'd agree with that. In my experience, it has the most impact when it's a surprise to the spectator. Kinda like how Blaine did it on the special.

I showed it to a coworker once; just kinda said I wanted to show her something, and then the "there's something about this section of floor" deal. Then I had her stand and just watch. Her jaw dropped and she stood there making tiny noises of disbelief for a couple seconds. Smile

Sometime later, my sister came home from a trip and said to me, "So, I've been told you can float now." I showed it to her and she didn't have a huge reaction. She thought it was cool and didn't figure out how it was done, but no major reaction.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Don't you just hate that?! Like it was just a natural thing to lift a few inches.

I have seen many magicians actually announce the levitation before the actual lift. The result ..... an instant free lecture on the "Great " Balducci Levitation.

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
Presentation! I might touch a wall with the hand that is fartherest from the person watching (I prefer to perform with only one watching) and as I rise, move my arm closest to the spectator so it is parallel (almost as if 'taking off', only not that cheesy) with my slightly tilted body.

Move down after a few seconds (make sure that they see you are off the ground).

Or get the King or Elevator.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I also continue to act a little spaced out after. Just a little "slower" but I make it seem to last only for a few mins. Subtle and short enough to make someone ask ... "are you alright man"? This is where it gets fun. Some will say, "what happened" some will say "did you not see him levitate'? another will say something like... " Yeah that was creepy , he lifted about 5 iinces off the ground". It goes on and on until its almost an "urban legend".

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
Hehehe. Reactions like that are what we aim for. My problem with the Balducci is that the same reaction can be achieved with other, more angle friendly SL.
For the performer with a budget, the balducci satifies (it's actually the only one I have).

Watch your angles and don't try to be a hero! A you don't need to rise as far as you can to amaze.
Risking being found out vs. a little lower?
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

With Balducci, we just need to watch our angles.. and we also must be a good actor..
JayPea
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of JayPea
A truly great levitation (when done properly, of course). I made the mistake of showing it to my Dad and sister without putting in the proper time to practice it...and I ended up exposing the method in the process (stupid, stupid, stupid). So like a year later, after putting in a considerable amount of time to practice (I clearly learned my lesson), I again showed my Dad and sister my apparent floating abilities...and not only did they completely forget the method, but they were totally floored by it! As was said earlier, it helps to act "out of it" after the levitation as it enhances the effect considerably (and it creeps out the spectator). Again, a great self-levitation that I love to perform (preferably with Adidas Superstar shell-toe sneakers) and it is totally worth the time and effort put into practicing it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Balducci (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL