The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Balducci (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
A great idea:

"The geometry of the Balducci levitation."
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
332 Posts

Profile of artwo
Am I the only person who considers the balducci really easy. Maybe I don't do it right, but so many laymen know how its done that I think that its a bit of a waste of time. I think King Rising is worth a look, even though it also has awful angle problems.
Am I being too negative?!
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
I find a lot of people know about this effect. I'm going to lay low awhile performing this.
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
When you get specs who don't know the method and you surprise them with it, this is awesome.

What do you say when you show a spec who then informs you (in front of the others) how it's done?
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
I just skimmed all the replies, but here is my advice...

I have done the balducci dozens upon dozens of times and I've only been caught once. I tried to cover, but it was useless. I had no choice but to walk away giving them the satisfaction they had "earned" or to figure out what went wrong. So I asked. "What did I do wrong?" And he said, "well your right heel came off the ground a split second before the other one, so I knew you were lifting off on it." I've since corrected my mistake... work on synchronizing the motion into one smooth solid simple motion.
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
How about this
YOUR SISTER IS 9 YRS OLD.

Kids for some reason figure out everything or make their own assumptions.

kids don't get the concepts of MAGIC.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Elputty
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
114 Posts

Profile of Elputty
The best reactions I've gotten with Balducci are when its a little dark out, like on a street at night. I just stand there for a while and then lift up for a couple of seconds. The dim lighting might help a little bit but more importantly most people are a little less comfortable being outside at night and I personally think this is a better time to perform.

Adam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Balducci (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL