The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Spellbound moves (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6747 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hey guys. I want to put together my own spellbound sequence. I do the classic spellbound change, Pat Page's Spellbound Switchcraft, Kaufman's Visual Drop Switch and Ouellet's Infidel Change.
What are some of your favourite Spellbound moves?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4094 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
From Rubinstein Coin Magic. Spellbound techniques start at 2:12, ends at 4:05.
https://youtu.be/XUrRNF7BsTM
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1074 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
You may enjoy Spellboundary from Moneypulation :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PmaYnmi......ensGodon
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8811 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Some nice takes here... Smile

Hey, you might like my little version of Spellbound, called "SPE'L" ("My SPEciaL coin"). It is a stealth take on the effect, with some clever moves to it all. And it even includes another piece of trickery with it. Smile

You'll see what I mean, errrrr, actually, no you won't. 😉 Anyway, take a look for yourself...

*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6747 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
Some nice takes here... Smile

Hey, you might like my little version of Spellbound, called "SPE'L" ("My SPEciaL coin"). It is a stealth take on the effect, with some clever moves to it all. And it even includes another piece of trickery with it. Smile

You'll see what I mean, errrrr, actually, no you won't. 😉 Anyway, take a look for yourself...

Love this Double Trouble!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6747 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2021, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
From Rubinstein Coin Magic. Spellbound techniques start at 2:12, ends at 4:05.
https://youtu.be/XUrRNF7BsTM

Some great moves there.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
835 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I've always been a fan of Sol Stone's Tumble Change/Switch from Kaufman's Coin Magic book. It's such a soft looking change. I'm also a fan of Dr. Rubinstein's Spellbound work as well between what's in his big book, the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series and his Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights DVD set. There's all great stuff in there. If you're willing to use more than just 'regular' coins and have access to the Trapdoor Magazine, you should look up Howard Cohen's "Tap Change". It's super visual.
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
This is a very old video. But I thought I would share.
I know it's very fast but there are a few good changes.
https://youtu.be/XHsf2-5gbGU
Hopefully I will start making new videos soon. I have to get the rust knocked off first. It's been ten years since I have done anything.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
And I've been waiting faithfully Tim. Smile

Jim
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
33 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
Thanks, all. I am actually working on a piece that uses Spellbound in it. While I have been familiar with Spellbound for many years, and feel that I 'know' how to do it, it's nice to see some supporting video to double-check my technique. And there are some nice extra touches/moves to consider. I appreciate it.
Ron Spangler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Spellbound moves (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL