The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Bottom Ridge Shells! (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1937 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Hello, I just wanted to share a video of the 3 shell game using the awesome bottom ridge shells from 3 shell al... I was goofing around on omegle and ran into a youtuber, I didn't realize he would post the vid, but a friend notified me...its around halfway if you wanna skip the card tricks... thanks Smile

https://youtu.be/sKnB1MHznTY
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Zauberman
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Great, thanx for posting. Enjoyed watching both of you. And the bottom ridge demo is cool.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1937 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Heres another video I found myself in using the BRS shells on another famous youtubers channel.... fast forward to the 6:30 mark if you don't want to see the other stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLCIUtjDFGA&feature=youtu.be
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1856 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Does anyone seem to notice the ridge ?
They just don't look natural to me.
but then, I guess brass walnut shells aren't really all that natural either.
Bally Hoo and Hullabaloo
one for me and none for you.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
340 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2021, ringmaster wrote:
Does anyone seem to notice the ridge ?
They just don't look natural to me.
but then, I guess brass walnut shells aren't really all that natural either.

I came up with the Bottom Ridge type shell to take out all the clues, rules, and nothing to hide in the game.

This was for the player to feel they had a fair chance at winning. Now you have the con without any use of shill's

It is not the player that is uncomfortable with this type of shell.
Because it is a fair shell. The only thing that is unfair, is the shell operator and they can fully examine everything at any time without switching anything out.

You can play fair to set up the con and at any time you can play unfair when you choose to for the win. You have full control. (Not a self-working trick that the player could do.)

The ridge on the bottom of the shell does not hold or hide the ball in the shell.

The ridged bottom works like a ramp where it slides under the pea so the pea can continue its travel path inside the shell.

Unlike the classic type shell, the soft pea has a travel path inside the shell that always comes to a dead-end whenever the shell is moved with the pea and you are forced to take the pea.

To answer the question; " Does anyone seem to notice the ridge? " Yes, the player does! They can see it is a fair shell to have a chance at winning. This brings the Con.

The only ones that I have found that feel the ridge bottom doesn't look natural are some magicians because it looks different than what they are using and the handling is different.

The inside of a real walnut does have a thin ridge bottom between the two halves of the shells to hold the nut in place.

But, you need to feel good about what you are working with, so the BRS is most likely not for you.

There is another way to have all the added features that the bottom ridged shell brings without the ridged bottom.

All of my classic type shells at 3shells.com can also work with a cork ball where you can play fair and unfair at any time.

The cork ball shells are showing a strong comeback. This is how the shell game was originally played, with a cork ball. The handling is the same handling as with the BRS.

My personal preference is; If working with a soft pea, I like the Bottom ridge shell.

If working with a cork ball, I like my Classic-type shells.

Both types of shells bring full control with nothing to hide.

But, these are not self-working-type shells.

Best regards
Al
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Bottom Ridge Shells! (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL