The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Michael Diamond's Book of Shadows (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skeleton
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
290 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Whoever missed out on this book and the limited edition (60 copies) published by Leaping Lizards - here's another chance:

http://www.magick2go.com/product/michael......shadows/
To infinity, and beyond!
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
760 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Great link. Thanks for the reference. I received my copy today and it is full of great stuff.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3455 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
102 copies in stock. Kind of puts a damper on value for those who bought one of the limited 60 copies. As you may can tell, I am not a fan of reprinting limited copy productions any more than exhuming limited time people.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Skeleton
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
290 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2021, weepinwil wrote:
102 copies in stock. Kind of puts a damper on value for those who bought one of the limited 60 copies. As you may can tell, I am not a fan of reprinting limited copy productions any more than exhuming limited time people.

I myself do not have a real problem with this, at least not in this case, as the two editions differ in many ways - Size, Cover, Content (the new edition has one more trick included), Publisher, Number of copies.

And even if the Leaping Lizards edition should fall in value, I am still happy to own a copy as I anyhow would not part with it.

But I still see your point and can relate to it to a certain degree.
To infinity, and beyond!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3455 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2021, Skeleton wrote:
Quote:

I myself do not have a real problem with this, at least not in this case, as the two editions differ in many ways - Size, Cover, Content (the new edition has one more trick included), Publisher, Number of copies.

And even if the Leaping Lizards edition should fall in value, I am still happy to own a copy as I anyhow would not part with it.

You do know that when you add 'but' it negates what was said before it, don't you? She is pretty, but.... lol
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17657 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm not a fan of re-releasing old material that was supposed to be limited.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Skeleton
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
290 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2021, Skeleton wrote:
Quote:

You do know that when you add 'but' it negates what was said before it, don't you? She is pretty, but.... lol

LOL - yes I know, but that was not my intention in this case ;-)
To infinity, and beyond!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3455 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Sorry Skeleton, just couldn't resist. Too funny to pass up, but I almost did. Glad you didn't take offense because none was intended.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4453 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
My copy arrived yesterday. I look forward to reading it and letting you folks know what I think of it.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
I think it's a fantastic book - While many of the effects don't suit my particular style, the book itself is a great read and gave me some ideas to create things of my own.

I would recommend this book to any bizarre performer/collector.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Michael Diamond's Book of Shadows (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL