The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Threesum a New release by David Jonathan (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3205 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
DESCRIPTION
THREESUM is a super direct and powerful routine with a regular shuffled deck. Best of all, as unbelievable as this may sound, it requires no setup, every selection is a genuinely free choice and it is 100% impromptu. This is all thanks to the ancient principle that has been unearthed and entirely reworked from the ground up to create this deceptive miracle.

Here's What Happens:
The performer tells the audience that THEY will perform an effect. From a shuffled deck, any card is selected, remembered, then returned in the pack, which is shuffled further. The participant now removes ANY three cards from the deck and the values of each are summed. They count down to this number in the deck and miraculously find their chosen card at that EXACT position!

Key Points:
No Forces
No Gimmicks
No Setup
No Memorization
No Difficult Sleights
No Crimps (or any alterations to the cards)
Different Outcomes Each Performance
No Table Needed

So fire up the download, grab your cards and uncover the devious secrets of this impromptu gem!
REVIEWS
“David has taken a clever if slightly underwhelming effect and turned it into a lean, mean, mind bending machine. So freaking clever. I love this trick, wish I had thought of it!”
- Cameron Francis

“David floored me with this beautiful effect!”
- John Carey

"What David has done with THREESUM is nothing short of incredible! Seriously, no smoke blowing here. How he managed to take an old principal in card magic, remove all the procedure and dress the diabolical secret in a super direct and commercial routine, I'll never know."
- Kyle Purnell

“Simple. Direct. Impromptu. What a cool routine!”
- Caleb Wiles

“My new go-to impromptu card effect. Hands down.”
- Nikolas Mavresis

“The first, second and third rule of magic is not to be fooled by a principle that you already know... but David totally fooled me with this one!”
- Vinny Sagoo
PRODUCT INFO
This is an Instant Download with nearly 30 minutes of detailed instructions in a streaming / downloadable video, sent to you automatically immediately after purchase.

https://www.davidjonathanmagic.com/produ......8507afd1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwlxt3LHSo0
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
mavresis_n
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of mavresis_n
Can't recommend it enough!!!
CineMental | Zener Match | The Collector | Spellebrity | Destinations | POISON |
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4112 Posts

Profile of emyers99
All of his stuff is so good.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
David is a great thinker and comes up with some brilliant effects Gaz 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5116 Posts

Profile of videoman
David has been putting out some really fine releases. His release last year, Snaps, was awarded trick of the year at Penguin.
He’s definitely one of the “good guys” on many different levels and we need more like him in our art.
I’ll be checking this out for sure.

Disclaimer: I don’t know David, have never met him, and am not connected with David other than being a happy user of his creations.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
668 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Wow, fooled completely
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Can the spectator shuffle the cards after the card return or only the magician ? Gaz 😊
saturnkk
View Profile
New user
Commerce Township, MI
21 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Can the spectator shuffle the cards after the card return or only the magician ? Gaz 😊

Only the magi.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok so I see the sleight after the 3rd card is removed , it’s done very well but to me I know it so well so I see it . Therefore a control or placement is the other sleight imo Gaz 😊

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Great effect though I must say Gaz 😊
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
That's some Simon Aronson level s@&t right there. Great stuff, David
saturnkk
View Profile
New user
Commerce Township, MI
21 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
All of the "work" is done "conversationally". Practice is mainly needed for timing and natural presentation.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1825 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Hey guys! First of all, wow, thank you for all of the very kind comments - I had to double check that I was actually on the magic Café for a second (lol, just kidding).

I am so thrilled to share this routine with the community - this has become my go-to impromptu card effect and is one of my favorite creations ever!

It's one of those rare gems where the method is as impressive as the effect itself (which I think really says a lot in this case because its so strong).

Technically speaking, there's no "traditional" sleights in this routine, but I felt it would be unfair to state that in the ad copy because its not self-working either. I showed an uncut performance so you can see it all for yourself, as if I was performing it right in front of you. I don't edit out any sneaky stuff in my trailers like most creators do, so what you see is what you get.

The underlying principle does most of the work for you - there's just a few sneaky little things you do to nudge it along to that point. A nice bonus for magicians is the principle is almost unrecognizable here since its now camouflaged so well within the routine - which makes it quite deceptive!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
786 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Wow. Just picked this up and love it. I've done R. Paul Wilson's Randall Flagg in the past, and I've always liked that effect, but this is going to replace it for me. Easily. This has similarities to that, but the presentational opportunities are even better, and the method is even easier. This is great.

Also, I grabbed Precise Premonition while I was at it, as I'm always looking for better takes on Premonition and hadn't even realized David had released one -- and I really like this one as well.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2128 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yep, I agree with all, a couple easy sleights involved, but I think this is going to fry people. Got it yesterday, and I love it!
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
948 Posts

Profile of tenchu
I had a chance to watch David's "Threesum" and I really enjoyed it!

Yeah, that sounded weird.

Anyway, the trick is FASDIU and utilizes some very clever principles and techniques. Everything is nicely credited and explained in detail. No knuckle-busting stuff.

David is a clever guy, so be sure to check it out!

Mike
muffin
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of muffin
I got this a few days ago and I’m very impressed. I’ve purchased a lot of impromptu magic recently and have been largely disappointed. This is highly deceptive and easy to do. It still doesn’t entirely make sense why it works!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3292 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Excellent effect, but I wouldn't say it is "easy" to do. Let me rephrase that, it is easy to do, but it is not easy to do deceptively. It will take some practice to look like you are shuffling the cards without counting or trying to set anything up.

With that said, I believe this is one heck of a great trick, it is a real fooler! Well worth the time practicing to keep it smooth.
Cebulon
View Profile
New user
Germany, BW
91 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2021, rowdymagi5 wrote:
...Let me rephrase that, it is easy to do, but it is not easy to do deceptively. It will take some practice to look like you are shuffling the cards without counting or trying to set anything up.

With that said, I believe this is one heck of a great trick, it is a real fooler! Well worth the time practicing to keep it smooth.

That exactly is also my first impression. I tried it a couple of times for myself and was glad to find the chosen card everytime at the expected position. But it will take some time to make everything look smooth and casual.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1825 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Thanks for all the great feedback! Im really glad everyone is enjoying this. As for difficulty level, it is pretty easy, though as I mention in the tutorial, I agree you should still practice a bit just to make sure it feels natural. Keep in mind that in performance, all this work is done on natural off beats though, so you can relax and take your time during these moments.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Threesum a New release by David Jonathan (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL