The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Did Fakini ever make 2 and 1/8 inch balls? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Cuz’ that’s what I am looking for!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5165 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Jonathan, I'm not sure where you could find them but Fakini did make 2 1/8th in balls in all the usual colors.
Where the magic begins
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7408 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes. I think he also made 2 1/4" sets. Mine are an early 2" set which is more than big enough for me.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I used to have 2 and 1/4” and now have 2”....
But 2 and 1/8” would be the sweet spot!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7408 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have had these 2" balls for over 40 years and never got around to working with them. I got inspired when I had a chance to meet and film Bill Baird do the billiard balls. He really was something special.
I suppose as I get older my hand will get less flexible and probably never be able to work with them.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I used to do a routine about 40 years ago and then stopped. Looking back, I realized it wasn't as good as I remembered. It was missing something....
I recently revived my interest, after watch the Aubrey clip on You Tube.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
FrankFindley
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Uh oh. I have a feeling someone will be going on a quest!

JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Thank you Frank!!

I thought I was delusional: I couldn't recall if I had ever seen them...

In this case, it is beyond a quest... an a near impossibility! I'm looking for three balls and two shells... in WHITE!
Highly unlikely that I will find them, unless it turns up in an estate sale.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5165 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Jonathan, while the chance is slim, you can post the request in the let's make a deal forum. You never know.

Also, this is a relatively new company that is producing billiard balls comarable to Fakini. You might wan to contact them about 2 1/8 billiard balls.

https://trusleight.com/
Where the magic begins
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Good suggestions both!

TruSleight says that they have 3.25 ... 'in the works". Perhaps?....
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5165 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I can't believe someone could use a 3 1/4" ball. Hands must be huge. I know last time I checked, they were working on a 2 1/4 size. Maybe you mistyped
Where the magic begins
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Mis typed!!!! I think I need to spell it out : "Two and one quarter inches"

Interestingly tho', they do sell balls of 3 inches or larger... but for juggling!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
767 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Yes, we (TruSleight) have 2.25 inch manipulation balls in the works and they should be ready in the coming weeks. Right now there are no plans for us to make a 2 1/8 set simply because there is not really that much demand for sets over 2 inches. There is a small niche market for 2.25 inch balls because that is the original size of actual billiard balls. We will not keep those in stock but they will be made to order.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Thanks for that update. While my hands would probably prefer the 2 and 1/8" size...
I would still be interested in obtaining 2 shells and 4 balls in 2.25".. keep us posted.... please!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2021, JNeal wrote:
Thanks for that update. While my hands would probably prefer the 2 and 1/8" size...
I would still be interested in obtaining 2 shells and 4 balls in 2.25".. keep us posted.... please!

Same. Looks like you would have at least 2 customers for 2 and 1/8”! Haha.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I wonder how many orders we would need for trusleight to do a limited run of 2 and 1/8"?
visit me @ JNealShow.com
gregg webb
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Is anyone making like the Ireland Golf Balls with spongy balls and metal shell? Royal was at one time. That's what Ade Duval used. Looked great on TV. Not wild about his patter but best routine I ever saw. Walter E. Cummings was really great with B.balls (he taught cards to Channing Pollock). He used wooden balls. Very big ones. Roy Benson talked about mixing sizes. As you worked towards the pinkie, he was using smaller and smaller balls...the audience couldn't tell. The difference was slight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Did Fakini ever make 2 and 1/8 inch balls? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL