The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have black business cards with the writing in white . Therefore I have a clear business card printed with my details in white which sits perfectly in the mastermind and looks all
the time like I have one of my genuine black business cards in their for the whole routine including getting the peek . I am assuming this would still work with the TTV3 ? Can anyone advise , thank you Gaz 😊
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
How long is the battery life on the MMW?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi Lonnie obviously it depends on usage but I would say 2 years . However it’s so easy to change the battery on it when it runs out to a common CR2032 as the space is good in their and you can buy a holder for a CR2032 and do it easily . If you ever need any help just pm me and I will help you out Gaz 😊
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Thanks Gaz. I’m gonna order mine now, so I’ll be in touch 😉
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I picked up on the new version on the weekend to compare (some thoughts on it in a moment). As a reminder from an earlier post I have owned and used an original for many years, until the wallet and battery gave out. It would still be my fav if available. I bought a MM version many years ago and was not overly fond of it but to be honest cannot remember fully why now (that was a number of years ago). I have subsequently repurposed that wallet for another effect which I do regularly. A couple of years ago I discovered the Carlyle Brainwave Case which is a very good substitute for the original and the battery can be changed although I have not needed to yet. Carlyle has passed away but his website is still active but unfortunately the Brainwave Case shows sold out. While digging through stuff on the weekend I discovered I have a new still working original Cornelius battery pack... if anyone has an original Cornelius wallet they would sell reasonably let me know Smile.

OK so now my thoughts on the new version. If I had no other version to compare to I would be very happy with this version. It is much thinner (think packet trick wallet). Room to carry some ESP cards, etc. Takes up very little pocket space. The peek is easy to read. As mentioned unlike the original in this version the info is written on the back of a business card which is buried in an inner pocket of the wallet facedown. In the original Info is written on a post -it note and sealed in the wallet or some (including me) would use a dry erase marker and have the info written on the clear plastic panel inside the wallet. Having info written on a business card and put back in a business card wallet no doubt makes more sense than using a dry erase marker on the wallet. I have to admit though I prefer the old way as that is what I am used to, but I do not mind the business card method and will explore using it more.

The biggest difference is the light source. A muted white light in the original versus a bright red LED in the new version. I do prefer the original light but the new one gets the job done. You have to be a bit more careful to cover any light leaks but I think that is very manageable. When you get comfortable with the wallet the light is only on for a brief moment regardless of the version. The video instructions give some good tips on covering this. As a side note I did experiment changing the included LED with a yellow one and a lighter red one, however the lighting was not bright enough to get a good read. They have picked the chosen LED for a reason. Good news is that the battery is very easy to change when needed down the road.

Bottom line is yes I prefer the original but would not be disappointed with this. Really like the thinness of it and will be exploring more routine ideas using business cards, etc. Happy to have both options.

Cheers,

John
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
515 Posts

Profile of westo
Cheers John..
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes great review John thank you Gaz 😊
music
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of music
I wonder if this device would help in hiding the red flash from the wallet: https://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-LML4000-......HSSSDGKA

You could have them focus on the palm of their hand and imagine they can see what they wrote or drew, you then flash the red light at their hand while activating the wallet so that only you see it. Just a thought.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Thanks, John. I would prefer a white light too.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4047 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Good to have choices. Between the Mastermind, the TT Pro and choices like the 2 versions of the Telethought wallet, we have a variety of method & "where does the card/writing go" variations.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
I checked my Thought Transmitter Pro V2 and it even has three gray filters
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The original and "original style" versions used backlighting, meaning the info to be discerned is lit from behind. The original also used a filament type of bulb which gave a warmer, diffused less "focused" light source. This also meant a bulkier battery and thicker wallet. The new version uses front lighting (info is lit from the front... I know I am stating the obvious). This means there is less diffusion of the light versus the original and LEDs give a very bright focused beam. The positive side is the new technology allows for a much thinner wallet, less battery space, easier to change, etc.

I think the light issue is relatively easy to deal with in the new version so would not let that be a deal breaker if anyone feels they have a use for this type of peek wallet. I forgot to mention that I was impressed by the homage they pay to John Cornelius both in the video instructions and some branding on the printed cards included.

I bought my first Thought Transmitter directly from John at a Magic Convention when they first came out. John's booth was swamped and it was definitely the hit item of the convention. In every demo John would show how it worked, which surprised me at first... but then realized it was very smart because when seen how cool the method was everyone bought one.... me included Smile. The brilliant Mark Mason has adopted this style of demoing as well very successfully.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Totally agree John with all of the above and definitely the Mark Mason bit . As I have said many times before Mark is a fantastic dem man and could literally sell umbrellas to Ducks imo Gaz 😊
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Absolutely! Smile
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Really nice review of the Thought Transmitter Pro V3 on today's Wizard Magic Review.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txFGJDsfLIc.

Cheers!
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Although they do sort of say it's the same as it was back then, but with different cards and different colour, that it hasn't changed. Other than the first one was the writing never left the wallet, and in the newer versions, the card is in their hand and placed back in the wallet. Smile And if they are not commenting on the transparency issue, they must've been lucky Smile
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
I don't have TT3 but I had the first one and I do wish they had updated that version, as to me it's cleaner than having them write on a card and having to instruct them exactly how to put it into the wallet. Which is why I was considering the Mastermind Wallet.

So I was just wanting to know does the plastic ID window on the Mastermind have an opening? I assume it's 'pretending' to be an ID window but just wasn't sure if the spec questions it if it's stitched up, or if I'm probably just worrying unnecessarily? Probably the latter!

Thanks!
Mike
View Profile
New user
Canada
5 Posts

Profile of Mike
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2021, LankyHobo wrote:
I don't have TT3 but I had the first one and I do wish they had updated that version, as to me it's cleaner than having them write on a card and having to instruct them exactly how to put it into the wallet. Which is why I was considering the Mastermind Wallet.

I have both wallets (i'm a wallet addict). I was able to re-place the battery pack in the original TT with a $1.00 mini LED zipper light (thanks to a member's previous post) & it works as good as new! And in my opinion also, the original TT is cleaner than having the spectator write on the back of a business card, and then instructing him/her exactly how to put it into the wallet (if the spectator happens to slide the card in with the writing reversed....it could pose a problem "reading" it. Other than that, it's very "cheaply" made. I switched out the phoney-looking Gift Cards for credit cards (i use expired cards). I'm sure the wallet could be made with genuine leather, and would be worth it for the few extra bucks it would cost.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, Marc Edgar wrote:
Really nice review of the Thought Transmitter Pro V3 on today's Wizard Magic Review.
Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txFGJDsfLIc. Cheers!

The TT Pro V3 review starts at => 19:30
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Lanky it’s a real ID window on the mastermind so no need to worry Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL