The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1430 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I don't have V2, but from what I understand, the big difference between V1 & V2 was that in V1, you handed the wallet to the participant, and they wrote on a post it note, closed the wallet and handed it back to you. It was a unique wallet compared to other peek wallets in that way. Then, along came V2, which was more like a standard peek wallet in that you had the participant write on a business card and then placed it inside the wallet. I always loved V1 because it was organic to have the Post It note inside.

This V3 version looks like it's more an updated version of V2. Too bad, because I like the Post It note feature. I have a few of the Carlyle ones as back ups and will continue to use them.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1934 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
If I recall correctly, V2 had an issue “revealing” some of its secret in certain conditions that V1 did not have.

There was also the Mastermind wallet that was more like V1.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
430 Posts

Profile of daver
I actually like the Carlyle wallet better, and after watching the referenced PropDog video, I think I'm just going to get another one of those as a(nother) backup...


Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
I don't have V2, but from what I understand, the big difference between V1 & V2 was that in V1, you handed the wallet to the participant, and they wrote on a post it note, closed the wallet and handed it back to you. It was a unique wallet compared to other peek wallets in that way. Then, along came V2, which was more like a standard peek wallet in that you had the participant write on a business card and then placed it inside the wallet. I always loved V1 because it was organic to have the Post It note inside.

This V3 version looks like it's more an updated version of V2. Too bad, because I like the Post It note feature. I have a few of the Carlyle ones as back ups and will continue to use them.
Dave



What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Obviously
"...Looks like Murphy's is working with John and is using their contacts in China. Sure hope its a Great upgrade. "
We can be certain that Murphy's is NOT working with John (unfortunately).
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1487 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, daver wrote:
I actually like the Carlyle wallet better, and after watching the referenced PropDog video, I think I'm just going to get another one of those as a(nother) backup...


Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
I don't have V2, but from what I understand, the big difference between V1 & V2 was that in V1, you handed the wallet to the participant, and they wrote on a post it note, closed the wallet and handed it back to you. It was a unique wallet compared to other peek wallets in that way. Then, along came V2, which was more like a standard peek wallet in that you had the participant write on a business card and then placed it inside the wallet. I always loved V1 because it was organic to have the Post It note inside.

This V3 version looks like it's more an updated version of V2. Too bad, because I like the Post It note feature. I have a few of the Carlyle ones as back ups and will continue to use them.



Do you have a link to check those out? First I've heard of his.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4112 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Looks better than v2. Standard watch battery that you can easily change and load pocket is easier to use than v2. Still an issue if you perform in dark environments
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4048 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, Thomas Walter wrote:
Dave and Alex talk about it on the latest Popdog Live, at 1:00:00 - 1:02:25
https://youtu.be/_MS9ETyFYd4?t=3600


Looks terribly cheap and obtrusively shiny, I stay with V1 & V2


That shine is from reflection due to clear pockets on one side of the wallet. While not an expensive looking prop, it is far from horrible in person - just a standard, vinyl card holder. I've seen worse (and better) at office supply stores.

Propdog confirmed that is exactly like TT Pro (except a bit more cheaply made), which is *very* disappointing to hear, as the ad copy at Murphy's listed a number of items it could hold, like credit cards and cash, implying that this was somehow different from TT Pro.

I really liked TT Pro for operation in well lit areas (which also means it is a more restricted prop). But no doubt it is a step down in the difference between the simplicity of just writing & closing as opposed to writing & putting card into pocket & closing.

I do like that TT Pro red light, though! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1510 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, daver wrote:
I actually like the Carlyle wallet better, and after watching the referenced PropDog video, I think I'm just going to get another one of those as a(nother) backup...


Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
I don't have V2, but from what I understand, the big difference between V1 & V2 was that in V1, you handed the wallet to the participant, and they wrote on a post it note, closed the wallet and handed it back to you. It was a unique wallet compared to other peek wallets in that way. Then, along came V2, which was more like a standard peek wallet in that you had the participant write on a business card and then placed it inside the wallet. I always loved V1 because it was organic to have the Post It note inside.

This V3 version looks like it's more an updated version of V2. Too bad, because I like the Post It note feature. I have a few of the Carlyle ones as back ups and will continue to use them.


I don’t think the Carlyle Wallet is available anymore since Mr Carlyle has passed.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, Chessmann wrote:
I do like that TT Pro red light, though! Smile


I also like the red lighting very much and for me that was an improvement on Version 1 - Got my Pro V2 out and unfortunately had to find that nothing happened, but I could fortunately fix it with contact spray again. By the way, it is very easy to transfer the V2 "G" to Version 1.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1888 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
I don't have V2, but from what I understand, the big difference between V1 & V2 was that in V1, you handed the wallet to the participant, and they wrote on a post it note, closed the wallet and handed it back to you. It was a unique wallet compared to other peek wallets in that way. Then, along came V2, which was more like a standard peek wallet in that you had the participant write on a business card and then placed it inside the wallet. I always loved V1 because it was organic to have the Post It note inside.

This V3 version looks like it's more an updated version of V2. Too bad, because I like the Post It note feature. I have a few of the Carlyle ones as back ups and will continue to use them.


I would recommend you take a look at the latest Propdog review

Far from V3 being an upgrade they say it’s a downgrade, and cheaply made
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8910 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Cheaply made was my first thought upon watching the demo. Or is that an old demo? Either or it looks cheap
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I would be happy if someone from Murphys Magic would speak up.
If there are no positive changes (e.g. the mechanism) and, according to PropDog, even deteriorations (quality?), the title V3 is another example of questionable marketing.
I've seriously thought about upgrading (if V2 has been revised) but it looks like you get the Same product in a new, beautiful outer packaging.

I also found the red light from Thought Transmitter Pro to be an advantage, but not the cheap and almost improvised-looking switch.
I would also have liked to have returned to the Post-It Pad.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You may as well buy the mastermind wallet then as it’s like V1 and has a larger peek area . You can change the battery if you know what you doing when it wears out after a couple of years Gaz 😊
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1934 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
You may as well buy the mastermind wallet then as it’s like V1 and has a larger peek area . You can change the battery if you know what you doing when it wears out after a couple of years Gaz 😊


Well said, Gaz 😀
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4048 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, Chessmann wrote:
I do like that TT Pro red light, though! Smile


I also like the red lighting very much and for me that was an improvement on Version 1 - Got my Pro V2 out and unfortunately had to find that nothing happened, but I could fortunately fix it with contact spray again. By the way, it is very easy to transfer the V2 "G" to Version 1.


Now *there's* a thought!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
j2bgrt
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of j2bgrt
I had the original and really enjoyed it. I think I will give a chance to this new version since my original is not in working condition unfortunately after many years of having it.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2396 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I’m not familiar with the Red lightning or the Carlyle wallet, I tried to google it, can someone please point me in the right direction to see it.
Thanks Dave
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Veteran user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
343 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, The Baldini wrote:
I’m not familiar with the Red lightning or the Carlyle wallet, I tried to google it, can someone please point me in the right direction to see it.
Thanks Dave

The official name for 'Version 2', (with red light) is Thought Transmitter Pro.
I think that this has already been mentioned in earlier posts, though. Smile
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Veteran user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
343 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
FWIW
The box of Thought Transmitter Pro (V2)

Click here to view attached image.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I hope they got rid of the silly $-sign on the gift card. They can literally put ANYTHING there, but the choice is an American gift card Smile (Not a major pain to change, but still).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL