The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I had and used the original too! And always enjoyed performing the routine with it! However it has been sitting in my drawer for years now and the thought of getting a new (and possibly improved version) is pretty exciting!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
430 Posts

Profile of daver
James (can't recall his last name) has worked with the family to keep things going with (at least some of) Ray's products. So you can still get this....

Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, magicbyswh wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, daver wrote:
I actually like the Carlyle wallet better, and after watching the referenced PropDog video, I think I'm just going to get another one of those as a(nother) backup...

Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
I don't have V2, but from what I understand, the big difference between V1 & V2 was that in V1, you handed the wallet to the participant, and they wrote on a post it note, closed the wallet and handed it back to you. It was a unique wallet compared to other peek wallets in that way. Then, along came V2, which was more like a standard peek wallet in that you had the participant write on a business card and then placed it inside the wallet. I always loved V1 because it was organic to have the Post It note inside.

This V3 version looks like it's more an updated version of V2. Too bad, because I like the Post It note feature. I have a few of the Carlyle ones as back ups and will continue to use them.

I don’t think the Carlyle Wallet is available anymore since Mr Carlyle has passed.
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
188 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Gotta love Propdog for honest reviews....
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sorry Dave R where can you buy a Carlyle wallet as I would like one . Thanks for any help Gaz 😊
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
224 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Has anyone received this yet and can compare it with V1 and/or V2?

Thanks!
Kassim
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Kassim
I have a mastermind wallet which is pretty much thought transmitter v1 with a normal looking wallet. this looks pretty cool though
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, RodrigoGrando wrote:
Has anyone received this yet and can compare it with V1 and/or V2?

Thanks!

It is compared here: https://youtu.be/_MS9ETyFYd4?t=3597
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Sorry I can’t compare it to V1 and V2 but I have had it for a couple days and I absolutely love this thing. The only thing I will say is the What you don’t want to be visible is visible especially when there’s writing. I have fixed this by doubling up on the black tint. I had some from a different wallet. Otherwise it’s amazing. Even though it’s visible. It really doesn’t matter. But the way that it comes there’s no way you can leave it on the table outside in front of someone face up without them seeing clearly right through it. Then again you were just turn it over anyway. So that’s my one issue. I also had to cut a few things to make it look right. But that could just be my OCD LOL. Overall I’m in love with this wallet. I’m so use to having to tweak everything I buy these days that I didn’t mind doing it.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Harry Patter wrote:
It is compared here: https://youtu.be/_MS9ETyFYd4?t=3597

I watched it again and trust these guys and I am in no way attracted to this new release
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You can easily cut a piece of clear plastic and double it up as mentioned above or spray it with a black Matt spray and put that film in as well . I have made adjustments and changed bulbs batteries and lights on lots of these over the years and although you shouldn’t W have to there will be a way of making it perfect imo . Currently I use the mastermind version of this where the peek area is large and lighting is fantastic but the leather / faux material is very weak and even an elastic band keeping being dragged off it frays the material immediately . So if I buy this V3 it would only be if the leather / quality is strong . Can anyone tell me how durable they think that aspect of this is ? Thanks for any help Gaz 😊
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
I think www.PropDog.co.uk covered this. It isn't leather and is cheap material.

To be fair, I've had cheap plastic card wallets and they have lasted okay.

But if you are looking for quality, look elsewhere.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I don’t mind if it’s out and out plastic although would prefer leather it’s generally just the fake leather looking ones that seem to fall to pieces quickly Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
So yes I agree with the card wallet type like the original V1 TT was , they do tend to last but look just cheap
Gaz 😊
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Oh yeah, I remember that issue with the single layer. It used to be doubled, and perfectly fine. Then one day, they stopped having two. Seems like a very bizarre change, as the secret then becomes obvious.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, Obviously wrote:
"...Looks like Murphy's is working with John and is using their contacts in China. Sure hope its a Great upgrade. "
We can be certain that Murphy's is NOT working with John (unfortunately).

They might have a Ouija board? Smile
Official Thread Killer
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4047 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
On a lark, I ordered a new Mastermind Wallet from Amazon. After weather delays it arrived today.

The leather on the Mastermind I received is a bit more supple. I like it. They've also made a change to the activation button. It is now easier activate, and you're less likely to miss the sweet spot. I took the red plastic out of my TT Pro and put it into my older Mastermind - works great!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2396 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I also ordered the mastermind from Amazon, I was supposed to get it several days ago, but bad weather... I also ordered the new TT from penguin and it’s due to arrive this week .
I am also waiting for “Shadow Wallet” from Alakazam to arrive this week,
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2021, Chessmann wrote:
On a lark, I ordered a new Mastermind Wallet from Amazon. After weather delays it arrived today.
The leather on the Mastermind I received is a bit more supple. I like it. They've also made a change to the activation button. It is now easier activate, and you're less likely to miss the sweet spot. I took the red plastic out of my TT Pro and put it into my older Mastermind - works great!

I like a leather version in principle also but my first impression was that I find the transparent plastic window quite suspicious
and that this is not the case with the original TT#1 by its design for me. I therefore still tend to favor TT#1 and reactivate TT#1
with fresh batteries.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My business cards are black with my details in white print so I have a clear plastic card that I had made in their with my white printed details on it so hence it just looks like I have my standard black business card in the slot . Nothing suspicious at all for me now and the peek is perfect for my set up Gaz 😊 ps that it’s in the mastermind but I assuming the V3 still has the same size clear window on it like the original TT etc . Can anyone advise on this please , best wishes Gaz 😊
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
So, which is better? The TT Pro V3, or the Mastermind Wallet?
It's all in the reflexes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL