The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
That’s great! Thanks very much Mike and Gaz!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pleasure my friend Gaz 😊
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
TT#1 (left) is better finished and I like the handling more but X is visible in brighter light

TT#2 (right) not that good glued, handling is not that clever, X is not visible in brighter light

ed wood
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Just picked one of these up purely out of curiosity. Can't decide whether this is the worst thing I've ever seen in magic or the worst thing in the entire world (including covid).
Shockingly bad quality, cheap plastic wallet. Looks like it's come straight out of a cheap magic set. No grown adult would carry one of these, a magician maybe, not a normal adult.
The download is average. I saw a review somewhere claiming is contained a fantastic mental epic routine. It's actually a mediocre one ahead routine that is fairly obvious.
My main issue was that when I received the wallet it just plain didn't work. Turns out the battery had been installed the wrong way round. When I got it working the light is flickering like crazy. No matter how much pressure I put on it I never get a decent connection. It appears there should be a bit of metal stuck to the battery, I assume this gives a better connection. That piece of metal isn't on my battery. When I do get light it leaks like crazy, unless you're performing in the front window of an Amsterdam brothel people will question where the red light is coming from! This could easily be resolved with slightly better quality and I would imagine a white light.
I went to Murphys website to see where I can contact them about the poor connection/missing metal. Is it just me being slow or is there no customer complaint contacts on their website? Sure I could go to Vanishing who I bought it from. I know they'd deal with the issue, but why should they sort out Murphys shoddy products. Anyone got a contact email for Murphys to make a complaint?
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
553 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2021, ed wood wrote:
Just picked one of these up purely out of curiosity. Can't decide whether this is the worst thing I've ever seen in magic or the worst thing in the entire world (including covid).
Shockingly bad quality, cheap plastic wallet. Looks like it's come straight out of a cheap magic set. No grown adult would carry one of these, a magician maybe, not a normal adult.
The download is average. I saw a review somewhere claiming is contained a fantastic mental epic routine. It's actually a mediocre one ahead routine that is fairly obvious.
My main issue was that when I received the wallet it just plain didn't work. Turns out the battery had been installed the wrong way round. When I got it working the light is flickering like crazy. No matter how much pressure I put on it I never get a decent connection. It appears there should be a bit of metal stuck to the battery, I assume this gives a better connection. That piece of metal isn't on my battery. When I do get light it leaks like crazy, unless you're performing in the front window of an Amsterdam brothel people will question where the red light is coming from! This could easily be resolved with slightly better quality and I would imagine a white light.
I went to Murphys website to see where I can contact them about the poor connection/missing metal. Is it just me being slow or is there no customer complaint contacts on their website? Sure I could go to Vanishing who I bought it from. I know they'd deal with the issue, but why should they sort out Murphys shoddy products. Anyone got a contact email for Murphys to make a complaint?

Here is their contact page. Each person looks to have their own specific area, so whoever's looks like they'd offer the best help is your best bet.
I will also be contacting them, as I also feel like I've been taken advantage of with this product. It really is just so poorly made. Like they didn't even attempt to make it look or operate as expected. I can't imagine anyone opening the box to see this wallet and actually being happy with the way it looks, let alone the way it works (or doesn't work).
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1091 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Oh well, I guess I’m in the minority here. No operational issues with mine at all. Had the original which I loved, but the fact that I can write on my business card with this is great for me, to hand out afterwards rather than writing on a little post it note.

Yes the wallet isn’t as thick as the original and the card with the symbols etc on isn’t as nice either, all to reduce production costs no doubt but will I use it.... Absolutely!

It looks more natural IMO than the original and is really thin. Can’t really compare to the version 2 as I didn’t have this, but I’m happy with my purchase and will be using this once we get back to “normality” post COVID in my walkout set. I used to get great reactions with V1 and have similar reactions so far with this version too.

Take care

Sean
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4047 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Having the 2nd version I've no need for the 3rd. I might shy away from doing it in a dark environment (though a 2-handed grip for about 1 full second during 'activation' can take care of that). It does what it says it will do and does it very well.

I'd prefer a nicer, leather version but that wouldn't change the impact of the effect (imho).

I hope those who have functional issues are taken care of, and promptly.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL