The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Deception Deluxe Alternative (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Special user
977 Posts

Profile of shakuni
What are other locking magnetic flippers available other then Double Deception Deluxe? Is the Tango magnetic flipper the same? Thank you.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2065 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I made a magnetic flipper "locking" by adding some shim metal from a security tag (the kind you find inside DVD cases) to the inside of the shell portion.
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
977 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm which magnetic flipper do you use? Also, what is the meaning of it being magnetic? Isn't the pull of rubberband on the coin sufficient to pull the part of the coin back? Thanks.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2065 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
A magnetic flipper has a magnet in it,but it may or may not be held shut by the magnet.

The flipper I modified is part of an original (not Deluxe) Double Deception set, so it's from Mason/Swadling.
Originally it would as you indicated, stay shut due to the strong tension of the rubber band. But rubber bands tend to break and rot, and a flipper that can stay open and lay flat by itself is more versatile, so I replaced the rubber band with elastic cord,essentially making it a gravity flipper. Added the shim, and now functionally it works like the DD Deluxe.
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
977 Posts

Profile of shakuni
I do have NGF but I am not sure if it has magnet in it. I will check right now. Thanks for the detailed reply.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Deception Deluxe Alternative (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL