The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The "click" when culling (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nikodemus
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Just about every description of the Cull refers to the "click" of the following card into position. (This seems to apply to descriptions of both "push" or "pull" style of cull).
When I cull, the stolen card(s) always goes quite deep into my right hand, so my fingers can comfortably reach the left edge of the card. Therefore I can feel the relationship of the cards. I don't need to listen for a click. The click would only seem important if the culled card is held much less deep in the hand (more of an at-the-fingertips feeling). I am curious to know if this is indeed where others hold it?
ssibal
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of ssibal
I’ve only ever experienced the “click” for the first culled card. Any subsequent culled cards feel normal.
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
301 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2021, Nikodemus wrote:
I don't need to listen for a click.

Usually, the slight "click" is felt rather than heard.

Jim
Hybrid Hunter
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
109 Posts

Profile of Hybrid Hunter
There shouldn't and need not be an audible click when culling. It's more of a helpful guide when learning to understand where the cards are during the act of culling.
Eventually, you'll get to a point where you don't need a click, you feel the card is sufficiently culled and continue to spreading action to either cull more cards to finish spreading the cards.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Don't concern yourself with the click so much as doing the cull well. don't worry about the click, anyway. it will go away in time
I j
Nikodemus
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Thanks for the replies. I am not "concerned" about the click. I'm really more interested to hear whether people hold the card under the spread at their fingertips, or deeper in the hand
Hybrid Hunter
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
109 Posts

Profile of Hybrid Hunter
I hold the card at my fingertips, as that's how I learnt it from Kostya Kimlat's Roadrunner Cull.
I did play with the deeper in the hand grip, which is how Michael Vincent does his cull, but it doesn't allow me to cull multiple cards really quickly like the roadrunner.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Hybrid Hunter,
Thanks for that. I have a copy of KK's Roadrunner. Need to watch it again!

I am thinking I might start to practice the fingertips position, as an alternative technique. I am pretty sure I have seen Michael Vincent do it that way at least once - but can't remember where. It was an under-spread force, and I'm sure (in that context) he did not have the card deep in his hand.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The "click" when culling (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL