The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for Tarot and Ouija Routines (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
317 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
I am not sure where the right place to post this is but I thought I would try here first. All apologies if this is in error as there are a TON of threads here!

So firstly, I just picked up The Oracle System and Tarot Sight. Both seem to be excellent starts into the foray of Tarot Magic. That said, does anyone have recommendations on other Tarot effects or Tarot magic books or videos? I would love to have a few more with a "stock" Tarot Deck or a gimmicked one.

Second, I have asked before but think it is worth trying again... Is anyone aware of effects or books of effects to use with a Ouija board? How about a gimmicked Ouija board? Would be a fun Halloween / séance theme night to use a Ouija board for some magic and thrills...

Thanks ahead for your thoughts and recommendations!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
When you get 50 posts you'll be able to go down to the section called Inside the Crypt. That is for people into the bizarre type stuff like the one you are asking for.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2021, Greg Arce wrote:
When you get 50 posts you'll be able to go down to the section called Inside the Crypt. That is for people into the bizarre type stuff like the one you are asking for.

Greg

Thanks, helpful but not today! ;-P
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Jared Kopf and John Wilson.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:

Thanks. Was there something specific by each of them that I should look up?
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Professor J. P. Fawkes
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Jim's on LULU

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/jim-magu......geSize=4

There's plenty of info here on the Café. In the right section. Or with the search.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Look for Stephen Minch "The book of Thoth" for Tarot stuff. Also T.C. Tahoe has some wonderful stuff with Tarot.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2021, 61magic wrote:
Here are a couple of links which may interest you.

http://www.blackhart.co.uk/index.html
http://www.bizarremagick.com/jmagusproducts.html

Blackhart is amazing. Difficult to navigate the site but a really nice "reapplication" of some standard packet and other magic handlings. All very simple and basic stuff nicely repurposed with a focus on mood and story telling. A nice change from the typical street magic hysteria effects. Thanks!
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
22 by scott creasey is a book all about tarot parties and tarot effects to perform.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Lot's of good leads here, thanks! Anyone see any gimmicked Ouija Boards for sale?
Mazerate
View Profile
New user
Innisfil Canada
8 Posts

Profile of Mazerate
Responding to SaturnKK -

I have a Factotum pendulum, and the spirits that have answered questions for decades no longer visit. I have been trying to get a replacement routine for my séance.

I just purchased a Mikame "Mirror A cle", as the power a mirror allows a spirit is so intense. I have been warned when cleaning it around a Ouija that the spirits may become greedy. I have seen silks pulled slowly into the nether world. I was told that silks may return to this plane attached to haunted keys or the like.

I have been scouring the web for 11 1/2 months, seeking auctions, collector items, and low and behold, the Subversive Circuits and OE products of the past, remain in the past. I am waiting for 50 posts to be allowed into the dark trading world of the Café. Although acquiring the appropriate Mikame was very difficult, I found talking to those in the know and posting frequently took me some time, but I was able to find what I was looking for. Search and find the routine on video. Make sure it is what you want, then be specific. Times are tough around the world, and collectors are parting with rare items....for the right price. PM me if you want more info on routines.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
22 by Scott Creasey is an absolute no-brainer. You will use this stuff.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2021, phedonbilek wrote:
22 by Scott Creasey is an absolute no-brainer. You will use this stuff.

Phedon

Thanks, I do have it and read and like it.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I personally feel that the most powerful thing you can do with tarot is an insightful reading. The origins of the tarot were for a game, but modern decks are intended primarily for fortune telling. Just that simple. But simple isn’t always easy. It takes a lot of practice to deliver good readings over and over. But it is worth the work.

With Ouija, I have had mixed results. I’ve only done a couple of seances and I want to get more mileage from the talking board. I have some ideas but nothing tested. I do think any word divination (using CT, p**k, or imp) could be done as a spirit effect. Ideally, the board could answer questions, not just repeat words. I hope to test some ideas about this once I get a chance later this summer.

Jim Magus has material on both tarot and Ouija. I’m not aware of anyone else with material on the Ouija, but Minch and Creasey are the go-to names for Tarot.

Patrick
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2021, saturnkk wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:

Thanks. Was there something specific by each of them that I should look up?

All of it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for Tarot and Ouija Routines (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL