The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Alan Rorrison Customer Service (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2304 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
It is difficult for me to write this because I believe in our craft and supporting creative artists such as Alan. I have bought multiple effects through the years and have always found him to be engaging and a standup guy. Unfortunately over the last year, I bought from him directly his effect called Psykik for $100. I don’t have to tell you how much that amount of money is given our economy and Covid. I live in the USA. He says he sent it to me and while I have no reason to doubt him, I never received it. I have left multiple emails over the last year, always polite, asking to please complete the shipment or offer me a refund. I realize there are a lot of scammers out there and that’s why I requested a tracking sticker so he can know I’m legit. Is there anyone that can pass this on to him. I’m sure he’s busy traveling as he has put out some incredible releases this year. Again, I have been hesitant to speak up because I’m an honorable man and not a troll or hater as is so often seen here on the Café. That being said 100 bucks is a lot. If you know Alan, please pass on my sentiments. Again, I’m patient and just want resolution, not an argument. Best, MagicBrent
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12231 Posts

Profile of John C
Personally I wouldn’t have left a note here but I would have sent him a note stating, hey man if I don’t hear from you one way or another I will be sure to leave a mention in the magic Café.

I ordered a pdf planner a few weeks back never got it emailed the guy a few times and then he sent me request to leave a review on his website??

I mentioned I would leave a review but it may not be what he expects and he sent it right away.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2304 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I’ve sent multiple emails over the last year. This is not a rash decision to come here as I do not want drama and conflict. Just resolution.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of Doric
The mail system is very slow at the moment. Give it more time.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5270 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Doric wrote:
The mail system is very slow at the moment. Give it more time.

Are you kidding? It sounds like it’s been the better part of a year. What part of “I have left multiple emails over the last year” don't you understand? What did Alan do...put it in a bottle and throw it in the ocean?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but let’s be honest here, assuming that you have his correct contact info then Alan isn’t too busy, that’s just something you’d like to believe so you can avoid the truth. And the unfortunate truth is he’s simply ignoring you and hoping you go away, and taking advantage of the fact that most people are indeed honorable and not haters or trolls. Plus, magicians in particular seem to be extremely willing to suspend disbelief and accept that creators they admire and respect are simply too “busy” to take 60 seconds to reply to a customer who has paid them $100 of their hard earned money.

If he sent it and didn’t get a tracking number then that is on him. He opted to save money on shipping and not get a tracking number. Although I’m not sure that is even possible if shipping internationally.

Is it too late to start either a PayPal or credit card dispute?
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Never let someone string you along past the Paypal date to file a complaint. On the couple of occasions I haven't received something, at about 15 days out, I send an email saying a Paypal dispute will be started if the product isn't received, two weeks should get it there, overseas would need different timing. Keep a copy of your email for the PPal dispute and you should be covered.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2304 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Thank you Videoman for validating my thoughts. I’m still hopeful that Alan will read this and honor the order. I’d be happy to resolve this and acknowledge closure on here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Alan Rorrison Customer Service (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL