The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Convergence by Joe Rindfleisch and Dr. Cyril Thomas (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
Has anyone played with this yet?

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/15107

You need to see this, and you still won’t believe it. When Joe Rindfleisch performed this for the Penguin Magic team we assumed he and Dr. Cyril Thomas had invented the single greatest rubber band gimmick in history. Then our jaws hit the floor when we found out it was an ordinary rubber band. This is the final answer in the torn and restored rubber band. This is Joe Rindflesich & Dr. Cyril Thomas’ Convergence.

Convergence is a multiphase routine where a rubber band is actually broken in front of your audience. It is then visually restored. With a gentle tug the rubber band is torn apart, then restored and the ends taken off and clearly held apart from the restored band. The ends are once again restored and the rubber band is shown to be once again whole before being placed back around your wrist.

The description of this routine doesn’t do it justice. The visuals are mind-melting, and the band that is torn is the very same band that is restored and wrapped back around your wrist. No glue or gimmicks are involved. The displays are amazingly fair. This download is a meeting of the minds on the bleeding edge of rubber band magic. This is more than a miracle. This is Convergence.
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
95 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
OMG that looks good! I wonder how the get ready is?

Can anyone chime in here?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks very clean!!
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Any thoughts on this from anyone who bought it?
Review???
gummyavenger
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of gummyavenger
I don't really do any rubber band magic normally, but I bought this. I thought it was really good. If you like the trailer you'll like the whole thing. What you see in the performance is how it looks when you do it yourself. It's very easy to do, and a lot of thought was obviously put into it.
magicnick13
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magicnick13
I really think Convergence is the best rubber band trick I have ever seen. I love all of Joe's stuff, but this is on another level. No get ready at all, the whole trick is done with a single band. I'd say it is a medium skill level... and if you choose to put the work in, you'll be rewarded with a trick you'll do forever.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
This looks pretty cool, it's like Fiber Optics with a rubber band.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Does it require a wrist full of bands?
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
It's an amazing rubber band effect. jsut amazing, so please don't buy it I want to be the alone guy to perform it, thanks .
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Chris Aguilar wrote:
Does it require a wrist full of bands?

You can do all three phases without bands on your wrist. But it looks cleaner if you have a few on your wrist.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Ingenious thinking and structuring. It looks amazing and works much differently than I would have thought. My only complaint is that you can’t cleanly hand out the band. So if you’re looking for something completely self-contained like CMH you might be disappointed. At the point where there’s the most heat on the band you’ll have to do some maneuvers to hand it out. And if wearing multiple bands on your wrist is a turn off, I’m not sure what to do. For such an incredibly thought out routine I’m a bit surprised there wasn’t a bit more thinking and options around the clean up. But a drop dead gorgeous routine none the less.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
While it is true that there is a slight cleanup at the end if you want to hand the band out, one also must consider that same thought in the context of the routine. There really shouldn't be much heat on the band at that point because the magician has just stretched, pulled, plucked, and strummed the "restored" band. I would just put the band on my wrist and move on to another non-band routine. If one desires to hand the band out at that point, the cleanup can be covered easily enough with a little thought, patter, and choreography.

All in all, this is, as Joe points out, a fully fleshed out routine three-phase routine that is fan frickin-tastic! I haven't wanted to learn a rubber band routine this bad since learning crazy mans handcuffs, then CMH with a twist. A brilliant way to increase rubber band sales as well, by the way.

Now the question for me becomes, what routines can be done with the leftovers?

Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Platt wrote:
Ingenious thinking and structuring. It looks amazing and works much differently than I would have thought. My only complaint is that you can’t cleanly hand out the band. So if you’re looking for something completely self-contained like CMH you might be disappointed. At the point where there’s the most heat on the band you’ll have to do some maneuvers to hand it out. And if wearing multiple bands on your wrist is a turn off, I’m not sure what to do. For such an incredibly thought out routine I’m a bit surprised there wasn’t a bit more thinking and options around the clean up. But a drop dead gorgeous routine none the less.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
So the cut and restored rope comes to rubber bands. I imagine the workings are similar but it looks amazing.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
When you do this the misdirection is strong. Unfortunately you can't misdirection a camera or have any control of people rewinding over and over again.
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Bought this effect and tried with a regular #19 rubberband which doesn't stretch as shown in the video. Are these to be used with the Joe Rindfleisch rainbow #19 rubberband pack? I purchased that also waiting for delivery.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Joe's rubber bands stretch quite a bit.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Many of “advanced” rubber band stuff only works well with Joe’s bands or latex gold bands from Alliance (can be found on Amazon)
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Okay thanks! I'm waiting on his rainbow pack #19. That should last a good while. This is an excellent effect. The first 2 phases are easy. The 3rd phase is a little challenging requiring more practice. Haven't quite got it yet.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have the trick but haven’t tried it yet. Vince Mendoza has a trick with a “similar” display (hopefully Joe won’t jump on me for this) and you need tacky rubber bands to make it work. Maybe not so with this! Haven’t really explored it yet. I find Joe’s bands work best if you rinse of the “Eleastrix” which makes them to slippery.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Convergence by Joe Rindfleisch and Dr. Cyril Thomas (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL