The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Convergence by Joe Rindfleisch and Dr. Cyril Thomas (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Been practicing the 3rd phase for a couple hours straight. I'm 50/50 getting that 3rd phase. I should have it consistently within a week. This is incredible.
magicnick13
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of magicnick13
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Magikgym wrote:
Been practicing the 3rd phase for a couple hours straight. I'm 50/50 getting that 3rd phase. I should have it consistently within a week. This is incredible.


Ya it also took me a few days to get that phase down. I'm nailing it pretty consistently now. So good.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1163 Posts

Profile of Salby
.
How is this concept different than Joe Rindfleisch's JUMPER effect, which is a torn/restored rubber band effect?

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11308

Is it based on a similiar concept, but more phases?
.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2493 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It is a similar concept using the ends of the broken band as opposed to a knot
magicnorm
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
This is baddass, gonna take some time to get smooth but worth it,

No
Josh Burch
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Josh Burch
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2021, Salby wrote:
.
How is this concept different than Joe Rindfleisch's JUMPER effect, which is a torn/restored rubber band effect?

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11308

Is it based on a similiar concept, but more phases?
.



Jumper is very different. With Jumper you appear to manipulate the knot in a band. With Convergence you tear and restore the band several different ways.

The material really doesn't overlap. Even where Joe appears to throw the broken ends back into the band, it might look like the move in Jumper but it is very different when it comes to the method.
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Still practicing the 3rd phase after 10 days. Still only successful about 40-50%. Any tips besides keep practicing? Am I missing something? I'm using the Joe Rindfleisch rainbow rubberbands which I had to wash due to the slippery feel.
SoloDoubleAct
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
36 Posts

Profile of SoloDoubleAct
Supposedly the video was updated to address some concerns about the third phase, but I can't verify what exactly was updated (if anything) because I downloaded it after that announcement. Long story short, Magikgym, it might be worth checking if your download is an earlier version!

One thing Joe mentioned (in the video or as a discussion post on the Penguin page, I can't recall which), that I haven't seen in this thread yet, is to chill the bands. Hot, humid, environments will inhibit the final phase. So, wash off the bands to remove the factory & Joe's proprietary oils, and also chill them. Or at the very least, be conscious of your performance environment. Hope that helps!
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2021, SoloDoubleAct wrote:
Supposedly the video was updated to address some concerns about the third phase, but I can't verify what exactly was updated (if anything) because I downloaded it after that announcement. Long story short, Magikgym, it might be worth checking if your download is an earlier version!

One thing Joe mentioned (in the video or as a discussion post on the Penguin page, I can't recall which), that I haven't seen in this thread yet, is to chill the bands. Hot, humid, environments will inhibit the final phase. So, wash off the bands to remove the factory & Joe's proprietary oils, and also chill them. Or at the very least, be conscious of your performance environment. Hope that helps!

Yes I did see the update near the end of the tutorial and tried every tip offered. I believe it does have something to do with the bands. I seem to have more success with the 3rd phase with regular #19 bands. However, the 1st two phases don't work well with regular bands due to the inferior elasticity. Thanks for your response.
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
I am now nailing the 3rd phase every time. Here is what I did. I soak some of Joe's bands in a cup with dawn soap and water for about 5 minutes. Then I rinsed them off and wiped dry. I let them sit for awhile. Now no slippery bands and still stretch great with no breakage.

I guess I didn't get the slippery stuff off completely before when I washed the bands.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Convergence by Joe Rindfleisch and Dr. Cyril Thomas (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL