The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (105 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2021, mikenewman wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2021, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
@Mike; only the UK orders ship from the UK at the moment, the joy of doing international business post-brexit!

Everyone else will have their orders sent from the US warehouse, which is in CA. If you’ve received orders from Art Of Play before, it comes from the same place.

There’s nothing you need to do, it’s all automatic - the ROW orders go directly through to our shipping partners, who received our stock a few days ago! Smile

It is on the website, but buried in the FAQ! Haha! It might be worth making it more prominent, I’ll bring it up with the team here.

Thanks!

AWESOME!!!! Thanks Brother!!!!

Appreciate the info and I truly look forward to another winner!

Order
INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep The Magic Going!

Mike

Not a problem, and for those people in countries outside the UK/US, it’s quite possible that magic dealers in your country are stocking the wallet - of course you’re more than welcome to order from us, we have pretty fast shipping worldwide, but your local dealers might offer next day delivery, depending on where you are in the world! Smile
http://the1914.com
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1141 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2021, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
@Mike; only the UK orders ship from the UK at the moment, the joy of doing international business post-brexit!

Everyone else will have their orders sent from the US warehouse, which is in CA. If you’ve received orders from Art Of Play before, it comes from the same place.

There’s nothing you need to do, it’s all automatic - the ROW orders go directly through to our shipping partners, who received our stock a few days ago! Smile

It is on the website, but buried in the FAQ! Haha! It might be worth making it more prominent, I’ll bring it up with the team here.

Thanks!

Art Of Play?
Is that another website? I am confused.... sorry
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Quote:
Art Of Play?
Is that another website? I am confused.... sorry

Ah yeah, that’s a website that sells playing cards and the like, we ship from the same warehouse as them. It was just an added bit of info! Haha - sorry if that was confusing!
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1091 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Ordered.... Looking forward to receiving it
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
mavresis_n
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of mavresis_n
We will see a lot from "The 1914". This is a great start! Well done Dee!
CineMental | Zener Match | The Collector | Spellebrity | Destinations | POISON |
murray
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of murray
Is this wallet hip-pocket size or instead breast-pocket size?
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

I carry it in my front pocket, but it’s small and slim, so would fit in any pocket - it’s 110x85x3mm.

Stock levels are low at the1914.com and Murphys, the first run begins shipping on Monday and we’re putting a second run into production this week too, so even if the remaining stock sells out, it’ll be back by early April.

Hope that helps!
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
423 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Very much looking forward to mine arriving next week!
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
So I just got this. Let me just say. Wow. Wow. Wow. This thing is amazing. It’s beautiful. The cards are perfect for it. I would like to know if later I’ll be able to purchase those type of cards. Not for the set up of the cards but for what they are printed on. Love to be able to grab a refill. Anyway I can’t say this enough, this is a must buy for any magician, mentalist, performer. The 2 hour tutorial truly is a master class. You WILL learn something watching it. I’m very happy with the shadow wallet. Can’t wait to see what else 1914 puts out.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

@Deckhead: Sounds like someone shipped it earlier than they were supposed to! 😂 But very glad that you like it!!

Regards refills, I’m going to order some this week so we have a little supply; the cards should last a long time due to the production process, but it’s always handy to have back ups - I’ll ask Murphy’s if they want to stock those too, but we’ll certainly have them on our site in the coming weeks.
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2021, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
@Deckhead: Sounds like someone shipped it earlier than they were supposed to! 😂 But very glad that you like it!!

Regards refills, I’m going to order some this week so we have a little supply; the cards should last a long time due to the production process, but it’s always handy to have back ups - I’ll ask Murphy’s if they want to stock those too, but we’ll certainly have them on our site in the coming weeks.

Benefits of living 30 minutes from Murphy’s. I get everything early. Also wanted to ask. What is the exact name of the black film lots of these wallets use? I would love to have more to double up on it In certain situations. I always prefer double because I perform a lot outside in the sun. Sometimes I won’t even use it. I just need to have more confidence in it like you do. I’m learning.

Edit: ya the cards seem very well made and will last a long time. Was thinking more about it and I think the more I use them the more they break in it’ll go nice with the effect. Great cards. I have a feeling many many people will be asking for the design to be a full deck lol.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Haha fair enough!

The film is a privacy filter designed for iPhones, but I had it manufactured to the exact size required to fit the wallet.

And re the cards; while we’re not currently planning making that version into a deck for the reasons explained in the masterclass, after seeing Destino’s beautiful design, we have teamed up with Murphy’s and Expert to produce a beautiful gold version; metallic gold ink on the faces and backs, a gold foil ‘eye’ stamp on every single card, black Kraft box with gold foil and embossing all over. We received final samples yesterday and I put a sneak peek on our Instagram stories (the1914magic), but proper images will be coming closer to the time.
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2021, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Haha fair enough!

The film is a privacy filter designed for iPhones, but I had it manufactured to the exact size required to fit the wallet.

And re the cards; while we’re not currently planning making that version into a deck for the reasons explained in the masterclass, after seeing Destino’s beautiful design, we have teamed up with Murphy’s and Expert to produce a beautiful gold version; metallic gold ink on the faces and backs, a gold foil ‘eye’ stamp on every single card, black Kraft box with gold foil and embossing all over. We received final samples yesterday and I put a sneak peek on our Instagram stories (the1914magic), but proper images will be coming closer to the time.

Awesome I heard you mention that. The reason why the cards are the way they are. Appreciate all the little thought put into those details. Yeah I think it would be amazing if you let us buy the refills for those black things if possible. I guess I could just buy one and cut it out. But I would rather support the magicians performer who created the product or for their product. In normal environments it’s perfectly fine. Where I work I was have to be very cautious of it. Direct sunlight is not a friend to anything like that LOL. Eventually I’ll have the confidence you have. And honestly after watching the tutorial, the whole thing about I wouldn’t be doing all this and if I was going to look. Is absolutely genius. And will help me out a lot.
Deckhead
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Can I also add that the rainbow gimmick fits nicely in this. This does two things. Completely blacks out east the front for high light situations. Second it gives you a *** miracle if they name that one card you have in there. Sure it won’t happen all
The time. It’s a 1 and 12 chance but just having it there for when it does will be awesome. I haven’t built a routine for it but I’m sure there is something there. Ever since Patrick kun showed me the rainbow gimmick it’s a been in my wallet. I have 4 different ones lol. There are also ones that are pictures or things like the Statue of Liberty.
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
126 Posts

Profile of domclarke
This sounds great. On the 'thought of card' - if you wanted to, could you show a single card in the wallet at the beginning (even if it means you can't show the wallet empty at the end)?
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 28, 2021, domclarke wrote:
This sounds great. On the 'thought of card' - if you wanted to, could you show a single card in the wallet at the beginning (even if it means you can't show the wallet empty at the end)?

Yeah, that’s possible - the way I’d do it is start with a card in the ‘empty’ part, open to show a card there folded up, so they can see there is a single card. Take it out and throw out a line, then appear to place it back where it was, but actually put it in the appropriate part of the index. That could make for quite a convincing handling, as you wouldn’t then need to show the wallet empty at the end.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5118 Posts

Profile of videoman
But I do think there is something to be said about not showing the folded card initially and the specs not knowing where the trick is going. Showing the card beforehand kind of telegraphs the ending.
But no right or wrong, it’s all what you prefer.
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
126 Posts

Profile of domclarke
That's superb. Thanks for clarifying that Dee.
Good point Videoman - as you say, depends on the presentation.
Cheers,
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2021, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2021, domclarke wrote:

Yeah, that’s possible - the way I’d do it is start with a card in the ‘empty’ part, open to show a card there folded up, so they can see there is a single card. Take it out and throw out a line, then appear to place it back where it was, but actually put it in the appropriate part of the index. That could make for quite a convincing handling, as you wouldn’t then need to show the wallet empty at the end.

With the tutorial video, there is a psychometry demonstration from Dee Christopher. This isn't broken down but it would be useful to have this since it was a bit unclear when the peeks were taking place since there are two specs involved. Any plans to do this?
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

@Spaceman; Sure, I can add that in - it was just put in as a performance example; but I have a full video breaking it down almost like a director’s commentary from a previous project. But as a quick answer, the peeks happen each time I remove a card (except the first one obviously as there’s nothing to peek).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (105 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL