The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (105 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
82 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
Received mine yesterday and I echo what people have been saying about the quality of the whole package. I was a Razor wallet user and still love it but will be switching to this for it's added index and slightly larger size. For the price you can't beat it.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
423 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Just received mine today in the UK:

1) Shipped in robust cardboard mailing sleeve, size C2.
2) Opened mailing sleeve to reveal stylish cardboard presentation box with double magnetic closure and elegant gold leaf printed design on front and inside base (note mine said carbon fibre on front and leather inside base for the leather one). Box is in plastic envelope with 'Made in China' gold sticker.
3) Inside box: Carboard packet with 25mm gold sticker seal and gold foil printing containing the cards and privacy guard. Front of envelope has URL and password for instructions (2 Hours 25 minutes) via Murphy's website - this is downloadable (which it isn't in your 1914 library)
4) Inside Box: Slim, leather, single stitched black wallet wrapped in tissue paper within plastic envelope.

Initial observations:

1) Beautiful presentation / storage
2) Wallet is innocuous - looks exactly as an ordinary wallet should
3) Leather smells great!
4) Cards nicely printed on thin stock
5) Excellent value for money with the combination of wallet + cards + privacy filter + 2.5 hrs instruction + presentation/ storage box (not just a wallet in a jiffy bag!!)

Looking forward to spending time with the instructions and developing my use of the wallet.

Well done to Dee Christopher and all at The 1914 !
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5118 Posts

Profile of videoman
Sounds like Dee and 1914 hit a home run with this at bat.
Glad to hear when a company does it right.
Congrats to all involved!
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
I have the razor wallet and thought I will go for the Shadow wallet in the modern carbon fiber edition to have something new. Maybe it is just me but unfortunately I think it looks like a cheap plastic wallet. Don't get me wrong, not saying it IS cheap quality. Just a bit worried people will think the same when you perform it to them. Will change mine for the leather one.

anyone else have the carbon one? what do you think?
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
423 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
I have the razor wallet and thought I will go for the Shadow wallet in the modern carbon fiber edition to have something new. Maybe it is just me but unfortunately I think it looks like a cheap plastic wallet. Don't get me wrong, not saying it IS cheap quality. Just a bit worried people will think the same when you perform it to them. Will change mine for the leather one.

As I noted previously about the leather version: "Wallet is innocuous - looks exactly as an ordinary wallet should" - in others words it draws no attention to itself.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
423 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2021, Luke Dancy wrote:
Don't miss my chat with Dee Christopher where he shares EVERYTHING you want to know about the Shadow Wallet!

In chat with Luke, Dee shows absolutely everything you could want to know about the wallet.

[perhaps a bit too much for a public video Smile ]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUtYqW4a......27sMagic
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
786 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:

I haven't ordered this yet (though I will at some point). But I will note that my actual every day carry wallet is a carbon fiber minimalist wallet that looks somewhat similar to this. Every carbon fiber wallet I've ever seen has that general look and feel, so it doesn't look at all out of place to me, or cheap. It looks like a standard carbon fiber wallet, which in most cases does denote quality (and that it will last a long time). I will grant you that if you aren't used to seeing carbon fiber wallets, then maybe it does seem odd, but they're increasingly popular and lots of people I know have them, so I actually like the look of the carbon fiber one.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1851 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Also went for the carbon fiber one (my FPS wallet is also in carbon fiber) - haven't received this one yet but I love the quality of the FPS wallet so I thought I'd go for the same type. In the end it's really a matter of personal preference, I've read what others have said and I respect their opinion but, and that's just me here of course when I say that, for me carbon fiber actually looks more modern... (I can already hear some people shouting Smile ) so in the end I guess what matters is what you feel comfortable/happy having and performing with!
Ben
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2021, no2ss wrote:
Quote:

I haven't ordered this yet (though I will at some point). But I will note that my actual every day carry wallet is a carbon fiber minimalist wallet that looks somewhat similar to this. Every carbon fiber wallet I've ever seen has that general look and feel, so it doesn't look at all out of place to me, or cheap. It looks like a standard carbon fiber wallet, which in most cases does denote quality (and that it will last a long time). I will grant you that if you aren't used to seeing carbon fiber wallets, then maybe it does seem odd, but they're increasingly popular and lots of people I know have them, so I actually like the look of the carbon fiber one.

Yeah, I am not used to this carbon fiber so maybe it is a matter of getting comfortable with it. otherwise I just gonna change to leather Smile
Silverstar
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Silverstar
As a personal preference I currently own the brown FPS wallet. It would be nice if there was a brown leather version of the shadow wallet in the future as most options only come in black.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
I ordered the carbon fibre version, which is arriving tomorrow. Can't wait! The tutorial truly is a masterclass--world-class teaching. There's a good chance this will become my new EDC.

Congratulations, Dee, on another awesome release!
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
The Shadow Wallet is just great. My only regret is that I didn't choose the leather version. Otherwise, I love it. This will likely become my new EDC.
BernieSantos
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of BernieSantos
Thankfully the leather ones are back in stock!
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
423 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
At the end of the day it's up to the person buying it what type they want! The designs can be clearly seen in the promotional videos so people are free to choose Smile
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1910 Posts

Profile of David Numen
People are free to choose and I will say I nearly pumped for the carbon fibre but in the end felt it just wasn’t right for me. Interestingly, I’ve seen two for resale on Facebook in the last couple of days and I can’t fathom why. As was the case with the FPS wallet, it’s very clear what you’re buying here and Dee and the 1914 are to be applauded for their openness.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1487 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Idea. When you go to perform a peek, ask them to name a card. If not a target card, give them a "superficial reading" as you call it, perhaps discussing how many might say 3, 7, or queen, blah blah blah. But you want to go deeper than that. So then pick your favorite peek routine.

If they name a target card... "Now see, that's why I felt comfortable asking you. Had a strong feeling this was for you, today. I have no idea why I choose this one card myself, but I put it in there two days ago and have been carrying just the one, and it makes sense now. Let me show you why..."

Dress it up as you will. It's a trick of opportunity to play however.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
423 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Interestingly, I’ve seen two for resale on Facebook in the last couple of days and I can’t fathom why. As was the case with the FPS wallet, it’s very clear what you’re buying here and Dee and the 1914 are to be applauded for their openness.

Yes, very strange - as it is clear exactly what your are getting.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5118 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Idea. When you go to perform a peek, ask them to name a card. If not a target card, give them a "superficial reading" as you call it, perhaps discussing how many might say 3, 7, or queen, blah blah blah. But you want to go deeper than that. So then pick your favorite peek routine.

If they name a target card... "Now see, that's why I felt comfortable asking you. Had a strong feeling this was for you, today. I have no idea why I choose this one card myself, but I put it in there two days ago and have been carrying just the one, and it makes sense now. Let me show you why..."

Me likey!
I think that is a great idea Nathan, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:

This is great. Thank you, Nathan!
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
I'm glad that some thought was put into this to correct the shortcomings of the Razor wallet and include some nice new options. Well done and worth the investment for serious performers.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (105 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL