The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (105 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
stevefaulkner
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of stevefaulkner
As always, fashionably late to the party. Hope we're all well and good.
Review Channel - Real Magic Review
https://youtube.com/realmagicreview

www.cardmagiccourse.com

IBM UK Close-up champion 2013
Award Winner at The Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year 2010
National Street Performing Champion 2009
British Street Performing Champion 2005
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1487 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Routine idea came to me this morning (untested obviously). I wanted to pare this down even further and also move away from cards while still taking advantage of the outs.

To me, Ian Rowland's 50:50 Fantasia is still king for 50/50 routines. Mostly because of the script/routining, the effect becoming so much more with his building wager. I'm putting in two small, folded receipts from two different gas stations. You bet they won't guess which gas station you visited recently. "Hey can you show me something?" "Uh, yeah sure. OK, I'll tell you what, how about this. I think I have (looks down, peeks in compartment with a number of bills), yeah, OK, I have the receipt still. Okay, so I got gas this morning. It was either from Kwik Trip or Holiday. I'll bet you can't guess which one. I KNOW you won't get it right. In fact, I'm so sure... blah blah blah." (Having receipts in with a few bills sells this as natural and uncontrived, making this all about your assured confidence on the outcome.)

Using the first half of his routine you can play up the 50/50 stakes making it much more impressive (grab his routine if you don't have it, it's incredibly honed, specific and worked out, and this is what makes this powerful), then after his guess, grab the sole folded receipt that you alluded to when you started, still folded and a mystery at this point, with everyone waiting anxiously for the reveal.

Then, I like the idea of holding a dollar back in the the side you show empty so after you remove the receipt, when you show the wallet empty you "oops" ("Okay, fine. Look, I'll even throw in my last dollar on this as well, why not?") and remove the last bill giving you even more justification/motivation to show it empty as an afterthought. "And hey, see? It's honestly the only receipt" either explicitly said or unsaid). To me it can feel like over-proving to show without any cause besides the "see, it's the only one", plus it helps sell the idea that that pocket is where you're taking everything from to avoid the "didn't you just have the other receipt in a different pocket?"

Hope this makes sense. I like it myself, although no, haven't done it yet except to my dog. But he started licking his privates, and while I tried not to take offense, I'll wait for other opinions before seeing if this stinks for sure or not.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
By the time I'd heard of this everyone was already out of the leather version, I've been checking for several days now. Will it be available again in the near future? I'm not interested in the Carbon Fiber version.

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
We still have leather in stock in the UK & USA @ The1914.com 👍🏻
http://the1914.com
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
565 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2021, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:

Dee, when you say you have leather in stock in the UK & USA do you mean that you have stock and you can ship the USA from the UK? Because I assume your company doesn’t have a location here in the USA.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 13, 2021, Phatmeat wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2021, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:

Dee, when you say you have leather in stock in the UK & USA do you mean that you have stock and you can ship the USA from the UK? Because I assume your company doesn’t have a location here in the USA.

We have a warehouse in the UK and in the USA (in California); we ship from both places (we keep roughly equal stock in both locations), depending on the location of the customer. So while our studio and office is in the UK, we have people working for us overseas as well. Smile

DC.
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1141 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Received mine!
It does not matter which one I got! Already doing GREAT magic with it! The wallet and routines are awesome!!! BOTH versions.
Trust me, your spectator is NOT going care about what version you get. Period. They have no idea and do not care!!!

Anyway,
Great purchase, exceptional instructions! Winner for sure!
Looking forward to more from DC! Congrats!

Mike
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My only complaint with this is forget the filter for a second but they also have a plastic outer pocket then also another plastic layer which is in a double plastic mould and is stronger , so all good . However mine has debris between the 2 sealed layers that you can’t remove ie bits have got in it behind before it was professionally sealed up and things like that annoy a perfectionist like me . A spectator won’t notice but the Devils in the detail imo and I like things like I say perfect Gaz 😊
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Ya'll complaining about the carbon fiber version are reeeeeaaaally aging yourself. Not that I'm a spring chicken (far from it), but I still know a little bit about what's up. The carbon fiber look is everywhere now. Very popular. Actually, I kind of dig it, myself. Looks cool. Congrats, Dee. The wallet looks awesome (both versions).
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1548 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I would really like to utilize the filter/see through business card gimmick from Pantera as I think that would work very well. Does anyone have insight as to how to make the see through business card gimmick? If so could you email me as I would love to make it up utlizing my business card.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3849 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2021, Cameron Francis wrote:
Ya'll complaining about the carbon fiber version are reeeeeaaaally aging yourself. Not that I'm a spring chicken (far from it), but I still know a little bit about what's up. The carbon fiber look is everywhere now. Very popular. Actually, I kind of dig it, myself. Looks cool. Congrats, Dee. The wallet looks awesome (both versions).

Some of the carbon fiber men's wallets on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=carbon+fiber+......b_noss_1

Article how carbon fiber wallets are the new, modern, cool wallets for men:

https://www.thecoolist.com/carbon-fiber-......20wallet.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5118 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:

https://www.thecoolist.com/carbon-fiber-wallets/#:~:text=Carbon%20fiber%20is%20lightweight%20and%20strong%2C%20made%20of,and%20heat-tolerant%20material%20perfect%20for%20the%20modern%20wallet.

Trouble is that being an old fart myself (and proud of it BTW) I don’t perform for cool, hip, modern people, so they might think CF looks strange.

No, just kidding, well except about being an old fart. My everyday real non-magic wallet is a CF minimalist style. I bought it because it was a great price and I was sold on the durability. The non animal aspect was a nice bonus as well although I still buy leather products but I try not to when I can.

But if CF products are making it into the hands of non-cool, non-hip, non-modern people like me then they must be becoming pretty mainstream as I’ve never been known as a style trendsetter.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3849 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:

https://www.thecoolist.com/carbon-fiber-wallets/#:~:text=Carbon%20fiber%20is%20lightweight%20and%20strong%2C%20made%20of,and%20heat-tolerant%20material%20perfect%20for%20the%20modern%20wallet.

Trouble is that being an old fart myself (and proud of it BTW) I don’t perform for cool, hip, modern people, so they might think CF looks strange.

No, just kidding, well except about being an old fart. My everyday real non-magic wallet is a CF minimalist style. I bought it because it was a great price and I was sold on the durability. The non animal aspect was a nice bonus as well although I still buy leather products but I try not to when I can.

But if CF products are making it into the hands of non-cool, non-hip, non-modern people like me then they must be becoming pretty mainstream as I’ve never been known as a style trendsetter.

I purchased the leather version for myself and the two CF version for my two teen sons. While I am more accustomed in using leather wallets, I would certainly use the CF version myself...and it would give me extra cool points with my sons, maybe not so much with the wife.

Both are very nice/ Both are extremely well made. It is a great wallet with a terrific instructional video. Highly recommended no matter which version you get.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
Magician's discussing fashion, oh the irony.
Osyris706
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Osyris706
I just got mine in yesterday and it's a beautiful wallet. Been wanting something that looks natural ever since I bought the H wallet and never used it once. And the peek on this wallet is awesome. It makes me chuckle a bit looking at the peek right in front of the spec not seeing it. Lol. 10/10
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1548 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Anyone else having some thread issues with their wallet? The thread is starting to frey and is coming out on a corner of mine.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 19, 2021, elimagic wrote:
Anyone else having some thread issues with their wallet? The thread is starting to frey and is coming out on a corner of mine.

Hey Eli,

I sent you a DM! 👍🏻

DC.
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
515 Posts

Profile of westo
Wallet arrived at last..first impressions...very good.. Smile
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
rbromley
View Profile
New user
Alaska
38 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Ordered! The reviews have been great so far, so I have to see this for myself. I'll post again after I receive it and try it out for a bit.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
674 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Im on the fence with this. I would primarily use it as a multiple out wallet. Can folded lottery tickets fit comfortably for multiple outs?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (105 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL