The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (105 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
A lot of mentalists and magicians have developed an attitude of thinking every product release is some sort of scam until proven otherwise, which is massively unhealthy. Sure there are some bad products and even bad sellers out there, but you can't let past experiences determine how you perceive future ones. Yes we can learn and grow from them but to approach every new thing that comes your way as though someone or something is out to get you is just ridiculous. Apply that thinking to any other aspect of life and you realise how pathetic it is. Suddenly, the individual becomes the problem.

Attempting to pick apart everything because you're actively seeking something negative doesn't demonstrate intellect, only ignorance. To whom it may concern, if you're angered by every magic release that comes your way, do yourself a favour and disengage, that kind of thinking is not good for you.

Magic and mentalism products are released every day. Not all will suit everyone. It is the responsibility of the performer to have enough self awareness to determine whether or not the product is right for them. If not, don't bother. Something else that's perfect for you will surely come along soon.

Martin, you say "Too much dishonesty and hustling involved in magic and Mentalism in this brave new world." Please show me any dishonesty and/or hustling you see here, regarding this project. Otherwise, please choose better and more relevant subject matter for your posts.

To those questioning the pre-order, I cannot speak with certainty as the product and company is not mine (I simply sat in on the tutorial to share ideas with Dee) but this was not just a product release, it was the launch of the entire company. The 1914 has always had their re-launch date, and to make every single element fall into place on the exact same day, during a global pandemic, is not easy. With any magic release, nobody sees just how much time, money and effort goes into the project. Then there's distribution. It would be different if only one site was selling them, but they will be available almost everywhere. A lot of difficulty is taken care of behind the scenes to give you the ease of simply watching a trailer and placing your order.

Regarding the filters, yes Chris Kenworthy does have the best. To use any other filter for a Telethought wallet style performance is pointless. But I have news for you guys, just because a filter is different doesn't mean it's useless, you just use it in a different way, and if none of those different ways work for you, then simply don't use the filter. In this case the inclusion of the filter was a bonus and could have easily been left out and you'd never have known. Outside of the magic world I've never known anyone to moan about extra items that came with a product.

Honestly guys, relax. Nobody is chasing you. I'm in the Shadow wallet trailer and tutorial, not JUST because I'm friends with Dee, but because I love the wallet and felt I had some interesting things to share. Some of you are too stubborn to believe that some of us still do this for the love of the art, but that's ok, that's your problem, not ours.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
@Lewis LeíVal, can you please tell us more about your Drawing Duplication Idea of the Memory Box?
Is it original with you? Where did this idea emerged from?
I really think this a hidden treasure inside the second trailer.
It really made my day and made me smile. When I saw that I immediately shared this trailer with good friends.
If it was your original idea I bow my head. If not I would love to know more about itís history.
As I said before this alone is making me want to buy this product/project.

Can you or Dee also please explain if the cards used are of regular thickness?
I like to know if they can easily be exchanged with other normal cards.

Thank you!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
The cards supplied have been specially made at half thickness to keep the profile of the wallet down as much as possible; however, I worked with a printer on a lamination process that allowed us to create a strong linen finish, increasing the cards resilience and allowing them to look and feel just like regular cards.

We also had a new back design created by acclaimed playing card designer Destino (Hannya, Mandala, Royal Verve and most recently Eric Jones Esoteric playing cards) so that the cards supplied would contrast every deck on the market, which I felt was important. In the same way that the named card contrasts in a Brainwave deck, the card that comes out of the wallet will contrast your working deck, if you include other card effects in your set. This back design is in the ID window in the first shot of the trailer, so you can see what it looks like there.

The index will take normal cards though, sure, itíll just make the wallet a little thicker in your pocket that with the supplied gaffs.

Hope that helps!
http://the1914.com
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It seems that Chris Kenworthy is the only person who can obtain the brilliant 3m filter of the Telethought wallet ? Fortunately I have one so can interchange it with other wallets if I choose . I have emailed Chris about this and he still can get it but you have to buy it in big sheets that are very very expensive especially if you want it shipped to the UK . Would make a world of difference imo to the Pandora V2 , The Razor and this new release imho Gaz 😊
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Hi ArtIn, I'm glad you like the memory box presentation! It all came from when I was thinking about other things that the wallet could represent, giving the wallet a metaphorical role in the routine; making it a theatrical necessity. As soon as I had the idea to make it about memories, or the drawing of something from a spectator's past, it all naturally fell into place from there. I then sat and wrote a script to compliment the routine, which changed slightly over time until it became what it is today, something I am very happy with! I needed a reason to put the card in the wallet and, for me, having it represent a memory box is a great solution for this particular routine, especially when their drawing represents something from their life. That way the drawing and the wallet become physical representations of something that, in that moment, may only exist in the spectator's inner world. It allows that which is internal and non physical to exist in the external, physical reality.

Gaz, I see what you mean. The story I heard (I don't know how true it is), is that the orignal filter was being discontinued and Kenworthy purchased the remaining stock. If that's true it would make sense that only he has it and it's expensive, but who knows! Haha.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
As I said in my earlier post. This looks fairly interesting. I'm looking forward to reading reviews from actual purchasers and hopefully getting the chance to see it in person before I spend my ill-gotten gains.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1252 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2021, LewisLeVal wrote:
Hi ArtIn, I'm glad you like the memory box presentation! It all came from when I was thinking about other things that the wallet could represent, giving the wallet a metaphorical role in the routine; making it a theatrical necessity. As soon as I had the idea to make it about memories, or the drawing of something from a spectator's past, it all naturally fell into place from there. I then sat and wrote a script to compliment the routine, which changed slightly over time until it became what it is today, something I am very happy with! I needed a reason to put the card in the wallet and, for me, having it represent a memory box is a great solution for this particular routine, especially when their drawing represents something from their life. That way the drawing and the wallet become physical representations of something that, in that moment, may only exist in the spectator's inner world. It allows that which is internal and non physical to exist in the external, physical reality.

Gaz, I see what you mean. The story I heard (I don't know how true it is), is that the orignal filter was being discontinued and Kenworthy purchased the remaining stock. If that's true it would make sense that only he has it and it's expensive, but who knows! Haha.

Fantastic! 👏 Thank you 🙏
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
I look forward to seeing even more reviews of Shadow, in my opinion it is fantastic!
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Elimagi, I am also glad you like the memory box concept!

Live performances were difficult to get due to the number of restrictions here in the UK, but we are definitely happy with what we managed to get Smile
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1545 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
For anyone reading this thread and hasnít watched my review I can absolutely recommend this product.

Iím not biased or dishonest. Instead I just know when something is good or bad. Yea I was sent the products but I have offered to pay for them and they were sent to me because they could not be purchased. I like to believe Dee sent them to me nexuses I have a reputation as an honest reviewer.

And regarding my experience at a mentalist. I have studied at great lengths most works on Mentalism, I have performed and created Mentalism for my show and I developed a show about magic vs Mentalism called Fantasmagoria along with one of the fop mentalists in the UK - Steve Dela.

However none of this should matter. This product is just as viable for magicians as mentalists and having had 30 years of experience I know what works and what doesnít work. This is an amazing product and works brilliantly.

Congratulations to everyone involved.
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Looks like a great product. Letís all chip in and raid Chris Kenworthys last stocks of the telethought filter Gaz 😂
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3487 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Dee has a great, and I mean great, handling without the filter for the razor wallet that is soooo natural, and you can openly let the spectator handle it after you get the peek, so it will also work with this version. After seeing it I just left the filter in the box and would never use it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah but you donít ever need to open the wallet with a great filter Gaz 😊
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 22, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yeah but you donít ever need to open the wallet with a great filter Gaz 😊

The wallet doesnít open, itís one piece! 😂 But I get what you mean - either method works fine to be honest, at the end of the day, itís just a tool to look at something that someone has written, itís the least important part of a performance, but if Shadow (or razor for that matter) allows you to do that in a super natural way with ease, itís doing itís job. And in the case of Shadow, you have an index as well that you can use out in the open, or if you prefer switching billets, it can act as a great pocket index too, that doubles as your peek wallet.

And takeachance, thanks for your words on my handling; we teach that in the Shadow masterclass and include that video of the Psychometry as Mind Reading act so you can see it in action! Smile
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1934 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Everything about this release has impressed me. The trailer with performances is great, and much appreciated. The product itself looks excellent, as do the routines taught. Well done to all involved.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Ordered! Looking forward to receiving this!
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
515 Posts

Profile of westo
Yes...also ordered
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Just checked out the video tutorial and the wallet is essentially what I expected and was looking for.

1. Well made index to allow for the 'freely chosen' card in wallet effect with necessary gimmicks. I already have Instagrab so knew what to expect here. Looks like a lot of extra attention has been paid to the gimmicks.

2. Large peek window with privacy filter. Can also perform without filter - several routines explained.

3. Ample room for natural carry items, e.g. cards, money.

4. Well taught effects including the book test which I may consider for inclusion in my performing options.

If you're looking for a single card in wallet prediction and a peek wallet as your everyday carry, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you already own a slim peek wallet and that's the main purpose of the wallet then probably not for you.

Hope that helps those sitting on the fence.

Please note, I don't have the physical wallet yet so can't comment on build quality though based on footage, am assuming it will be fairly longlasting.
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
How many cards (billets) can be hold in the index?
Can the wallet be used for switching billets somehow?
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Thanks for the input Sam; Iím glad you enjoyed the tutorial and I hope the wallet serves you well!

@Hektor; There are six pockets in the index; so you could easily cover 12 outs; like starsigns, for instance. You could switch a billet using the same kind of handling you perform when you show the wallet empty, but thatís not something we cover in the tutorial, so youíd have to do some work on that!

For those interested, Mark over at Saturn just did a really detailed overview and review of the wallet - for those on Facebook, itís here:

https://www.facebook.com/1171806053/post......980926/?

I think itís on their YouTube channel as well though - just search ďSaturn Magic TVĒ.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (105 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL