The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
THE WORLD'S THINNEST SHADOW WALLET that packs an ENTIRE close up act!
(Even fully loaded with gimmicks, credit cards and cash it is 1/2 inch or 1 cm thick!)

"It incorporates a solid and reliable peek that allows you to view 99% of a business card - no funny moves or reversed images so you can reveal literally ANYTHING! And the strongest and smartest version of a named card in wallet I've ever seen. "
- Alexander Marsh

2 SHADOW WALLET versions:

Carbon Fiber
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=68967

Leather
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=68968

"Dee's shadow wallet should be every magicians EDC. It's rare you find something stylish that you will be proud to use as an everyday wallet, that packs an entire close up act. This is a huge achievement. Razor was sharp but it has now been shadowed by this new offering. I wholeheartedly recommend Shadow Wallet for anyone that wants to read minds."
- Joel Dickinson

* Multiple ingenious gimmicks, even cards are included!
* 2 HOURS of instruction including thought of card routines, peeks, and even a book test.
* Loads of tips, tricks and advice for all skill levels.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
592 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Not sure if this claim is true "Carbon Fibre Edition: The first magic wallet ever produced in real carbon fibre". But this seems pretty good.
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Seeing as this wallet is VERY similar in design to my current regular wallet, I'm very curious. Will keep an eye out for reviews when this has shipped.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1306 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Thatís it then ! If one of his friends highly recommends it Iíll rush out and buy it, it must be good.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1566 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, cardbiker wrote:
Thatís it then ! If one of his friends highly recommends it Iíll rush out and buy it, it must be good.

Hey man. I know you donít know me and you have no reason to believe me but I promise you Iím being 100% honest.

Iíve built the reputation of my channel on honest reviews. I considered Peter Eggink a friend but I still told the world how awful CTG was.

I almost wish there was a bad trick in the line up so I could have trashed it!!!

Like I say you donít know me but I promise Iím telling the truth.
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2559 Posts

Profile of NeilS
The quality of the trailer I have just watched is excellent. Well done to all involved. It is a shame not all trailers are as good and as extensive as the ones shown.

Craig has already indicated how good the instructions are and I can well believe they are.

Neil
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1261 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Can someone please tell us more about the Peek that is used with this?

I have noticed the big window on the front but does it come with a pr****y fi***r (like telethought wallet)?
Or is it just very bold? Can a spectator put a card inside the wallet and have a look at it from all (or nearly all) sides?

Regarding the i***x, does it use 6 cards of regular thickness?

The trailer was quite enjoyable! Guess I need to buy this for Le Vals DD idea of the memory box alone. 👏
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Hey Everyone!

Great questions ArtIn - regards the peek, if you have seen my razor wallet, it is much the same, albeit the window is a little bigger here. The ID window on the back of the wallet does come with a perfectly cut privacy filter. So, it is easy to take in and out of the wallet as and when you want to, but it fits nice and snug so it wonít fall out by mistake.

We teach handlings with and without the filter - I have found that filters are great in well lit situations, but I spent most of my walk around career performing in clubs and bars, which are often quite dark. Lewis is one of the co-owners of a magic bar in Liverpool as well, which is also low lit. You CAN use a filter in those environments, but personally I find it a little more difficult to get my peek... So, I teach a handling that I use, in which the wallet can be shown all around with no chance of them seeing anything, yet you can still get your peek when you need to and Lewis doesnít bother using anything to cover the peek except his audience management skills as heís a rebel without a cause, itís all covered in the masterclass.

We do both teach handlings where the wallet is placed in the hands of the participant during the routine, but I would not recommend having them place the card inside the wallet themselves. while this might feel fair on paper, it does not flow very well theatrically, you could risk them placing the card in the wrong pocket, the card could snag on the edge of the pocket if their aim is not the best and finally, they might discover the index. You can show the wallet empty, with or without cash in there (We made the index in such a way that it can hide in between bills too) and place it in their hands in the context of a routine, but it canít be examined thoroughly, I would never have my wallet examined by an audience member though anyway, even if it had no sneaky secret business built in!

I hope that covers everything!

My team and I worked hard on this for a long time to ensure that every thing is as perfect as it can be. While the wallet is based on a common design that screams innocence, we had it built from the ground up. Even the credit card pockets are a couple of millimetres wider than usual so you can stick packet tricks in there if you so desire!

Really, what Iím trying to say with all the above, is that there is no need to worry. Everything is completely covered! Smile
http://the1914.com
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
526 Posts

Profile of westo
Thank you sir..
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of dafin77
Hi Dee. You wrote: "We do both teach handlings where the wallet is placed in the hands of the participant during the routine".

Will these handlings work when you are working without a filter?
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

@Dafin77 :: Sure, you could use any of the methods described. Placing it in their hands is more of a theatrical moment, so the method is inconsequential.

For instance, this act makes use of their hands, but I could peek in any way that feels right.

https://vimeo.com/331248294/b1ea989903

That was with Razor, but it would work with shadow too. Also, in the video at the bottom of the below page, Lewis makes use of the hands of the participant in his handling:

https://the1914.com/product/shadow-wallet/

(Scroll down to the bottom and there is second video. Lewisí performance is third, towards the end.)

Both of those videos are without the filter! Smile
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1306 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, cardbiker wrote:

Hey man. I know you donít know me and you have no reason to believe me but I promise you Iím being 100% honest.

Iíve built the reputation of my channel on honest reviews. I considered Peter Eggink a friend but I still told the world how awful CTG was.

I almost wish there was a bad trick in the line up so I could have trashed it!!!

Like I say you donít know me but I promise Iím telling the truth.

Hi Craig I wasnít referring to you, in fact yours is one of the few reviews I trust . I recently purchased the excellent Magnet 0 after seeing it on your show especially your idea of using it with a mem deck that was genius.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3499 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Sent Dee a couple of questions via email and he answered more than I expected, very open. Always like when a creators is so open about their product, screams confidence with it. I'll be getting this, in fact so far all their products look good.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1505 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Dee, would you say this is more front or rear pocket carry?
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 21, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Dee, would you say this is more front or rear pocket carry?

I carry it in my front pocket, but itíll fit anywhere - itís less than half an inch this when fully loaded with credit cards, cash etc.

Hope that helps!
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3389 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
This looks very interesting. As usual, always best to wait for unbiased reviews from people who paid for the product, but it certainly seems to have a lot of useful features in a very compact, natural looking wallet.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4671 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Telethought wallet had the only decent 3m filter all the others have been poor in comparison and can be seen through from all
angles . No one except Chris Kenworthy seems to be able to get this filter and the razor I know had the poor filter in just like the Pandora V2 and is a waste of space so you can pretty much forget using the filter unless they have sourced Chrisís stuff again . I have owned them all and can compare them side by side telethought you can only see any thing from behind it ( so is perfect ) all the others spectators to the side will easily see the work too and even from the front on occasions Gaz 😊
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
If a product is that good why is there a need to pre sale it

Why not just let it stand on its own merits when ready for sale !
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3389 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
If a product is that good why is there a need to pre sale it

Why not just let it stand on its own merits when ready for sale !

Gotta get those pre-sale orders in!

I miss the old days. Too much dishonesty and hustling involved in magic and Mentalism in this brave new world. There has always been false advertising but at least you could go into a magic shop and see a full demo or get a look at the product in-person; and you didn't have multiple friends of the creator coming round to your house to tell you how great something was and encouraging you to buy it -even though they didn't.

As you say, Jack, if a product is good, word will spread. It won't need pre-sale hype on here and on YouTube. The cream always rises. (Unless it's in a book, obviously).
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1261 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Telethought wallet had the only decent 3m filter all the others have been poor in comparison and can be seen through from all
angles . No one except Chris Kenworthy seems to be able to get this filter and the razor I know had the poor filter in just like the Pandora V2 and is a waste of space so you can pretty much forget using the filter unless they have sourced Chrisís stuff again . I have owned them all and can compare them side by side telethought you can only see any thing from behind it ( so is perfect ) all the others spectators to the side will easily see the work too and even from the front on occasions Gaz 😊

Rick Roth also used very fine filters with his products at Outlaw-Effects.
He also shared some valuable ideas to use these filters more professionally.
Something I didnít seen elsewhere.

Unfortunately it seems that he is not in the business anymore. Smile

I appreciate the honesty and openness with Shadow Wallet here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (111 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL