The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2021, hektormagic wrote:
How many cards (billets) can be hold in the index?
Can the wallet be used for switching billets somehow?

6 pockets which could each carry 1 or 2 outs in the index itself.

It is possible to perform Colossal Killer theoretically.

Not really built for a switch.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4671 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Or dfacers I would of thought Gaz 😊
dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of dafin77
For the peek, could one have the spectator write on a blank bridge-sized card instead of a business card? (I use double-blank bridge cards for a lot of things.) It look as though the slot where the written-on card is put is big enough for that. Is it?
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2021, dafin77 wrote:
For the peek, could one have the spectator write on a blank bridge-sized card instead of a business card? (I use double-blank bridge cards for a lot of things.) It look as though the slot where the written-on card is put is big enough for that. Is it?

Sure! Even poker sized cards would work - you can get a 100% peek of anything up to that kind of size! Smile
http://the1914.com
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
192 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
If I’m seated with the wallet in my back pocket .Is there any risk of damaging the cards or filter ?
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Never keep a wallet in a back pocket, pickpockets are looking for you.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4671 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Is it best to carry these in front pockets not because of theft but the longevity of the wallet ? Thanks in advance Gaz 😊
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

I doubt you’ll have a problem - the materials are good, so will last a long time. The filter is flexible, as are the cards, so any pocket should be fine. If it doesn’t destroy a credit card, it probably won’t harm the gimmicks!

I’m talking with my printers about getting some refills produced anyway, just in case they wear out over time, but mine have lasted for aaaaaages so far!
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
peirceman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of peirceman
I ordered it and am very excited to receive it.

I would love a PDF as well as video. Sometimes it's nice to be able to skim over something that may not interest you as much.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1116 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I’d love to see a phone case adapted with the filter too - lots of people now just use their phone rather than carrying a wallet! Nevertheless, this looks nice - congrats guys
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 23, 2021, peirceman wrote:
I ordered it and am very excited to receive it.

I would love a PDF as well as video. Sometimes it's nice to be able to skim over something that may not interest you as much.

That’s an interesting idea - perhaps a PDF quick start guide. I’ll see what I can do by the time it starts shipping on Monday!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 23, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
I’d love to see a phone case adapted with the filter too - lots of people now just use their phone rather than carrying a wallet! Nevertheless, this looks nice - congrats guys

Funnily enough, I was recently pitched a peek device a bit like that. The difficulty is that phones change so rapidly and development/manufacturing on gimmicks takes a long time. Still, never say never!

Luckily Shadow is so thin, it can sit up against your phone in your pocket and you’d barely notice, so that’s probably the best option for now! Haha!
Karl_Escobar
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Karl_Escobar
Does this come with a special membership card gimmick just like the Razor Wallet? Or is it not necessary in this case? Because I thought that was a really great deceptive layer to do the peek.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3389 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The leather version of this wallet appears to be the only truly viable option-certainly, for mentalism use. In the images provided, the carbon fibre wallet looks far too gaudy (almost like something you could imagine a mullet-haired 80s magician using). You really want a wallet to be psychologically invisible. It's a bad idea for a wallet to draw attention to itself in any way.

The leather version looks promising as a m******e o** wallet, due to how thin it appears on camera. Impossible to tell until you see it in person, of course.

If the materials used elsewhere are not the same as the Telethought then that really is a major drawback as, in my experience with similar but inferior materials, they are considerably less useful, if not all but useless.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
668 Posts

Profile of ed wood
So another wallet, another wallet with a hole cut in the back like all the other peek wallets you people own. Y'all realise this one doesn't do anything different, no magic pixie dust here, just a hole like all the others. If you already own a peek wallet why oh why would you need another. They all do the same thing in pretty much the same way. Maybe the problem isn't the individual wallets but wallets in general?
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
The various wallets provide variety. All shoes do the same thing but we prefer different ones for different situations. Most own more than one pair of shoes, or more than one coat, or watch, etc. How dull the world would be if only one shirt in one colour and style was available. If you've got one peek wallet that you swear by and see no point in getting any other, then obviously don't get another. I don't understand why people act as though they have to buy every magic or mentalism product that comes out. It all comes down to personal preference. I like the shadow wallet because of how slim it is, it looks like a wallet carried by somebody living in the 21st century, it has the index inside and I personally prefer the peeking method over some of the other peek wallets I own. A well executed peek is not just a glance at something, it is a movement; a choreography. Some peeks feel like Swan Lake, others, The Macarena.

Regarding the filters, again, don't like them? Don't use them. Your main purchase here is not the filter. However, you all envision yourselves trying to do a Telethought wallet style peek with a filter that isn't the Telethought one. If anyone here has the Shadow wallet tutorial, please skip to the part where I am talking about how I use the filter and tell me that isn't worthy of application in front of an audience. I know it certainly is because of the sheer number of times I've done it.

The wallet is as thin on the video as it is in person. What weird lengths would one have to go through to convince you it's thinner than it is, and for what reason? There's no extraordinary claim here worthy of doubt... It's a wallet.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
You know you're past your prime when carbon fibre material/texture looks, as Marty P points out, "too gaudy" and something a " mullet-haired 80s magician" might have.
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Hahaha. I really like the carbon fibre one. There are entire EDC communities who carry all sorts of carbon fibre items, especially wallets. It's not as alien as it once may have been.

Although, a part of me would love to see an over the top 80's themed mentalist perform!
Kassim
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Kassim
Ordered! Smile
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, LewisLeVal wrote:
Hahaha. I really like the carbon fibre one. There are entire EDC communities who carry all sorts of carbon fibre items, especially wallets. It's not as alien as it once may have been.

Although, a part of me would love to see an over the top 80's themed mentalist perform!

I do too! Looks like a Tumi or some other premium brand's modern style wallet.

I may have to steal the 80's mullet haired act idea (though I would need a fluorescent, neon pink, shadow wallet custom made). For the right performer, that actually could work in a Puff the Magic Dragon type way. With 80's nostalgia going strong, I could see this getting some attention on the AGT/BGT circuits.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (111 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL