The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1116 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
How easy would it be to use it for a star sign prediction?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Simplymagicweb it works wonderfully, in fact Dee has a star sign prediction routine he does utilising the index in the wallet.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4671 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I actually think the wallet looks really great ( the leather one that is ) and I can only speculate and wonder whether the peek is like the underlooked principle ( I really hope so ) . I think the carbon material one looks absolutely awful though and I have never seen anyone with such an awful ribbed design of a wallet . I would never make one out of that stuff only leather or if you had to make a Vegan one ( I never would ) I would make a cheap one out of Faux or something ( and sell it a lot cheaper ) but that carbon one looks as suspicious as hell and ugly to boot . The leather one though looks absolutely brilliant so congrats on that . I bet I know which you will sell more of Gaz 😊
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1116 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, LewisLeVal wrote:
Simplymagicweb it works wonderfully, in fact Dee has a star sign prediction routine he does utilising the index in the wallet.

Does this involve billets or cards please?
Magically,

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4671 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes it can hold 6 cards ok and I think with Dfacers there’s your 12 outs . Obviously d decker blanks etc would make it thinner still . I prefer reg thickness though and I am pretty sure it can Gaz 😊
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1116 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes it can hold 6 cards ok and I think with Dfacers there’s your 12 outs . Obviously d decker blanks etc would make it thinner still . I prefer reg thickness though and I am pretty sure it can Gaz 😊

Good news. I’d like to see a demo of Dee’s star sign routine. Is that in the instructions?
Magically,

LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:

Good news. I’d like to see a demo of Dee’s star sign routine. Is that in the instructions?

From what I can remember (the tutorial is 2 hours long, we spoke for even longer) Dee mentioned his routine but did not demonstrate it in the instructions. I'm sure he will hop on here to explain his approach further Smile

Essentially, in the 6 pockets of the index, you would be able to fit 12 slips of paper, 2 in each. Each one could have a reveal of a star sign, allowing you to pull out the correct one once you know your spectator's sign.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
The thin profile of the wallet and the workings are sound, I think we can all agree on that - I’ve been as open as I can be about the methods employed as this is a utility device over a trick. For reference, it’s approx 3mm thin when empty, just under 1cm thick (less than half an inch) when fully loaded with credit cards, gimmicks and cash. So you don’t have to worry about the video over-selling the thin profile, it really adds to the deceptive nature of the index.

As for the filter material, it works, it’s different to the 3M material, but seeing Brent Braun and Nick Locapo performing razor frying people using that material and method hundreds upon hundreds of times last Blackpool suggests that it does it’s job just fine. As noted, I don’t generally use the filter as I believe the handling I use is much cleaner and angle proof that any filter. I included one as people liked that about Razor.

Regarding the carbon fibre option:

When I originally had the bespoke wallet that eventually became Shadow made, I had it made in leather. I’m a fan of the sleek style and often wear smart suits when working the more ‘high tier’ events I do around the world. As Martin mentions, it’s simple, classic and timeless and will go with almost any outfit. The invisibility, for me at least, has never been an issue - It’s extremely unlikely that anyone will forget that a wallet is in play, in the same way that they won’t forget that they’ve written something down. It would be different if this was an extremely large, weird looking prop, but a wallet that looks like any other minimal wallet ‘in the real world’ is a perfectly natural prop to use. Even if it wasn’t ‘special’, I’d still be keeping my business cards in there.

When I decided to bring this to market after the popularity of my Razor wallet, I wanted to create an alternate variation that would suit more modern performers - something that you might find on every day carry blogs and the like. Carbon fibre is a wildly popular material for the millions of people into that movement. More ‘street-style’ magicians following in the footsteps of Dynamo and Damien O’Brien also favour more unique items like this. As mentalists OR magicians, it’s our responsibility to use props that suit our style and character, I’ve written a lot about this in the past in various publications, but really it just boils down to being consistent. Regardless of what anyone might say, what feels right and logical for a particular performer or style of performer is right. We are not actors playing a part, we’re people with interesting skills. People with individual styles. There is no overbearing ‘right’ when it comes to performance art. Right is determined by the artist.

On that note, if anyone lurking here does have an 80s or 90s style and it works for you and your demographic; happy days. No one should try to stop you from dressing the way you want to and performing in the way that feels natural for you. More ‘alternative’ magicians and mentalists like Myself, Dan Sperry, Lé Val and others often get told we’re doing it wrong, but our success in television and live performance suggests otherwise. You’re allowed to break the mould of what a magician or mentalist ‘should’ look like. It’s encouraged, you’re also allowed to be exactly as you’d expect a magician or mentalist to be, that’s also great.

I should also note that the carbon fibre wallet also satisfies people living a cruelty free lifestyle. One of the most frequent pieces of feedback I heard with Razor is that they were happy that someone had finally made a solid and stylish peek wallet in a vegan friendly material. The Razor wallet was made from what some people call “vegan leather”, which is a synthetic material that looks and feels the same as leather. The problem with that however, as I observed over the years my friends and I used Razor, it doesn’t last as long as real leather. Using carbon fibre is not only a fashion statement, but it’s a material that allows people who don’t like buying leather products to pick up a wallet that will last for a long, long time.

I think there is lots of great points being made on this thread, and lots of really interesting feedback in the discussions. I appreciate everyone taking the time to write their thoughts, as these discussions will help others make decisions. The wallets begin shipping worldwide on Monday, so I’m sure plenty of reviews will flood these pages then, but let’s all try to be civil to one another, arguments and insults don’t get anyone anywhere.
http://the1914.com
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Regards using starsigns (I wrote a long post, so apologies for not being up to date on the latest replies), we discuss it briefly, but we don’t teach a proper routine.

I have been jamming on an interesting routine though lately that we can add in as an update once I’ve had a chance to work it a bit. Let’s say you begin by asking the person’s starsign, you reply with a line that suggests they will be perfect for this next experiment. Assuming you put a couple of little paper billets inside each index pocket, one for each sign, you could steal out the appropriate billet as you pull out the card next to it at the top of the routine to show a single folded card as you recite your top script. Put the card back in its place, but drop the stolen billet into the ‘empty’ side of the index pocket.

Now, after you go through the routine, you have an excuse to open that empty pocket thusly: “Of course, you might think that I have extra cards in my wallet and there is one extra thing I haven’t been up front about. I have been able to fit one extra thing in here, please take out that folded piece of paper.” The paper reads; “I knew the leo would manage to pick up on my lucky card” or words to that effect.

Naturally, it hasn’t been worked in, I don’t have a script for that, but it’s worth jamming on for performers that fancy a bit of a challenge!
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
About ten minutes ago my leather Shadow wallet arrived! (Final model). I've had a carbon fibre pre-production model for a while now, the one I've come to know and love. I'm happy to now have one of each material. The box and envelope the Shadow wallet arrives in is stunning, I've got a feeling all who placed their orders will be VERY happy with what arrives!
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1037 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Curious. I ordered this (actually, both the leather and the carbon) about a week ago, but have yet to receive an email acknowledgment. What's up?
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Curious. I ordered this (actually, both the leather and the carbon) about a week ago, but have yet to receive an email acknowledgment. What's up?

Did you order from us? It’s possible it went to junk as it’s automated, but drop me a message with your email address and I can look up your order! Smile
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Yeah I'm not sure I would use the carbon fibre version for high end corporate gigs, but I definitely use it for casual performances and bar gigs. I just happen to like the look of it. There's something about the feeling of it when performing that I really like as well.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4671 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well I think the leather one looks so so good you really have outdone yourself it looks sensational . I cannot imagine for the life of me why anyone other than a vegan or some completely utterly bizarre act would ever even consider buying the carbon version . It’s literally like the two complete opposite ends of the spectrum there isn't even a debate in my mind over what looks better for every single performing occasion . You are kidding yourself imo if you hand on heart think otherwise . Push it for ethical reasons if you wish for sure but not on appearance as it’s obvious which looks so much sleeker and better and I think pretty much everyone knows that . If they found a vegan leather that didn’t break down quickly then you would have made it look identical to the leather one and I think you know that it you are being honest ( and also hinted it in an earlier post ) Gaz 😊
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Gaz...respectfully, what you consider as "class" is subjective.

That's totally fine that the regular version is your preference... but you don't have to make your point (as others here have done), by disparaging the other version, and the types of people that would consider it. That's all Im really saying.

Not because I'm on a PC, kumbaya, lets not put anybody down kick (again, fun is allowed)...but rather, because its all opinion and subjective. I may think that the carbon fibre is pure class for the circles that I run in. And that the regular leather version seems flimsy and a little out of place.

Theres no right answer. Just get whatever works for you. If you like the leather, great! You want the carbon fibre...go for it (it looks like a Tumi wallet for crying out loud)!
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Montblanc do a stunning pen (Starwalker) in carbon fibre that would pair elegantly with the carbon fibre wallet. I'm not prepared to spend £666.00 on a pen though! In some circles, carbon fibre kicks leather to the curb.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1916 Posts

Profile of David Numen
One of the most popular wallets last year was the FPS which is made of leather and designed to look like carbon fibre. I think it looks great as do many others.
LewisLeVal
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Also a lot of people have ordered both. I've seen the screenshots from Dee's sales report. It was to show me how my own download, Revelations, was doing, but within the screenshot was also the wallet sales. And that's just his site, other stores stocking the wallet have said the carbon fibre ones are flying out too. It's great though that from both options, you know which one you prefer. That doesn't mean that others don't or won't like other version as, evidently, they do. I'm one of them!
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
120 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
Quote:

My acknowledgment got marked as spam so definitely check in there.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 24, 2021, Sean Mann wrote:
Quote:

My acknowledgment got marked as spam so definitely check in there.

That has happened to a few people, I think it’s because the site only launched on Friday evening and a lot of orders came through right away - hopefully it’ll sort it’s self out. I’m not the web guy though, I just deal with development and distribution here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SHADOW WALLET by Dee Christopher and 1914 ("I wholeheartedly recommend! -Joel Dickinson) (111 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL