The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ The 1914 Launches. All 5 New Products Reviewed (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1545 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
If you hadnít heard The 1914 has officially launched. Dee Christopher has been working very hard to bring magicians around the world the best selection of launch titles anyone has ever seen.

Iíve been lucky enough to get access to these products for a couple of weeks now. So Iím really pleased to say that Iíve just uploaded a special one off review show to my YouTube Channel - Magic TV

I review and grade all five of the 1914 launch titles. I talks about the pros and cons and as normal Iím 100% honest.

The products Iím reviewing are The Shadow Wallet, The Art of Stagecraft, Cocktail, Revelations and Osmo.

Hereís the link to the show. If you have any questions Iím happy to answer them.

Thanks for watching.

https://youtu.be/d3J0RJX1dfE
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Thank you for sharing your thoughts Craig. It is nice to hear what you think after having access to these for a couple of weeks.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5118 Posts

Profile of videoman
Always enjoy hearing your opinions Craig. Although I have to admit that Iím a tiny bit leery that you might go easier on Dee since he is a friend of yours and he gave you early access to the new releases.
But I do believe you when you say you are being 100% honest.

The Shadow wallet looks very interesting. I like the thought of card. Itís like a straightforward version of Summit but without the magicky card in Sharpie reveal, and I personally prefer that.
The peek looks to be very similar to the Razor Wallet, although the drawing dupe with Lewis fooled me. I may have to pick this up. I will never stop looking for the perfect peek.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
786 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, videoman wrote:
The Shadow wallet looks very interesting. I like the thought of card. Itís like a straightforward version of Summit but without the magicky card in Sharpie reveal, and I personally prefer that.
The peek looks to be very similar to the Razor Wallet, although the drawing dupe with Lewis fooled me. I may have to pick this up. I will never stop looking for the perfect peek.


Was thinking the exact same thing. And, videoman, let's face it. Even if we found the perfect peek... we'd still keep looking!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5118 Posts

Profile of videoman
Of course, because even if you think youíve found perfection something else could always be more perfect, right? 😃
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, videoman wrote:
Of course, because even if you think youíve found perfection something else could always be more perfect, right? 😃


Thank you for a good quick laugh.....short pause...but I also sadly must admit that I always keep looking as well! My curiosity tempts me far too often!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Thanks Craig, your thoughts were very flattering and all of us here really appreciate you taking the time to make that video!

Regards the Shadow/Razor comparison; the peek is much the same, the ID window is a little bigger on shadow though and if you use my handling, the action is much easier due to the larger pockets. Le Vals peek is RAPID though, extremely cheeky as well; he literally uses zero cover!

I am super happy with the way all five of the launch projects turned out; adhering to the covid production guidelines here in the UK over the last year made this quite difficult, but I think the tutorials turned out great and the trailers give a fair representation of each project, even if we were unable to get proper live performances for a couple of them.

Thanks again for the comments and interest; Iíve seen three threads here now, so I will try to pop back in regularly to answer any questions! This is just the beginning, so Iím excited to share the other 20 or so projects we currently have on our 2021 slate as each gets completed!

Have a great weekend!
http://the1914.com
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Hi Craig,

I look forward to sitting down and watching your reviews of these products. Can you confirm that, as per usual, you paid for these products? I'm not doubting you did -as that is such a major part of your ethical belief regarding magic reviews -it's just that the phrase "had access to" seems a little ambiguous.

Thanks in advance.

Martin.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
674 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Hey Martin,

While Iím sure he would have, Craig did not pay for these products, I sent them over to him prior to launch - but he was under no obligation to make a video like this.

Knowing Craig, I knew that if the products sucked or there was something missing, heíd tell me. It was important for me to get honest feedback before we released anything, and there arenít many sources as honest (especially when stuff misses the mark) than Craig! So thatís why he received the products before anyone else.

I also didnít see that video before it went live, so it was a pleasant surprise! Smile
http://the1914.com
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Ah, that's a shame.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1545 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Martin Pulman wrote:
Hi Craig,

I look forward to sitting down and watching your reviews of these products. Can you confirm that, as per usual, you paid for these products? I'm not doubting you did -as that is such a major part of your ethical belief regarding magic reviews -it's just that the phrase "had access to" seems a little ambiguous.

Thanks in advance.

Martin.


Hey Martin. You are correct. I normally insist on paying for products. However there was no facility to pay for these as they hadnít even launched yet. It was impossible. However to be clear I would pay for them in a heartbeat.

I think my reputation should carry enough weight that the review is totally unbiased but if thatís not the case wait for other reviews. I am confident they will be just as positive.

Cheers
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
"However I will chime in about magic reviews. I really hate it when magic reviews are biased. It stops the review from having any actual usefulness.
I insist on paying for everything I review. Iíve even had people offer to send me stuff and I insist on paying. That way I can be 100% honest."
Craig Petty February 12

What a difference a week makes. You claimed you could only be 100% honest because you insist on paying for the effects. You've now gone against that a few days later.

I don't care if you pay or not. I just like to know people are being up front and honest. You can't claim you insist on buying the material as a point of principle one day then do the opposite a few days later. That's not honest, I'm afraid. As I said; it's a shame.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1545 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Martin Pulman wrote:
"However I will chime in about magic reviews. I really hate it when magic reviews are biased. It stops the review from having any actual usefulness.
I insist on paying for everything I review. Iíve even had people offer to send me stuff and I insist on paying. That way I can be 100% honest."
Craig Petty February 12

What a difference a week makes. You claimed you could only be 100% honest because you insist on paying for the effects. You've now gone against that a few days later.

I don't care if you pay or not. I just like to know people are being up front and honest. You can't claim you insist on buying the material as a point of principle one day then do the opposite a few days later. That's not honest, I'm afraid. As I said; it's a shame.


Itís people like you that really make me remember why I detest the Cafť.

Martin. Iím not affiliated to any magic shop and I have nothing to win or lose by saying something is good or bad.

It was impossible for me to buy the products as they werenít out. I have however offered to pay for them. However none of this makes any difference. You have made it perfectly clear you arenít my biggest fan and thatís fine.

Perhaps you should set up your own YouTube channel and show everyone how itís meant or be done. If you used all the time you spent moaning about stuff on the Cafť you would probably be able to produce more content than my channel and every other channel put together.
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1727 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, Martin Pulman wrote:
"However I will chime in about magic reviews. I really hate it when magic reviews are biased. It stops the review from having any actual usefulness.
I insist on paying for everything I review. Iíve even had people offer to send me stuff and I insist on paying. That way I can be 100% honest."
Craig Petty February 12

What a difference a week makes. You claimed you could only be 100% honest because you insist on paying for the effects. You've now gone against that a few days later.

I don't care if you pay or not. I just like to know people are being up front and honest. You can't claim you insist on buying the material as a point of principle one day then do the opposite a few days later. That's not honest, I'm afraid. As I said; it's a shame.


Itís people like you that really make me remember why I detest the Cafť.

Martin. Iím not affiliated to any magic shop and I have nothing to win or lose by saying something is good or bad.

It was impossible for me to buy the products as they werenít out. I have however offered to pay for them. However none of this makes any difference. You have made it perfectly clear you arenít my biggest fan and thatís fine.

Perhaps you should set up your own YouTube channel and show everyone how itís meant or be done. If you used all the time you spent moaning about stuff on the Cafť you would probably be able to produce more content than my channel and every other channel put together.



Mic drop......
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Downloaded osmo and had that wtf moment ,but after watching the full download I got to say everything subtleties are well covered ,definetly going to be using this ,it is so simple .
After drinking my 10 lockdown cans last night I must say I am an expert at this trick now ,cannot wait to go out and perform it 😉
cinefisch
View Profile
New user
Wauwatosa
23 Posts

Profile of cinefisch
Does anyone remember Larry Jenning's Coin in Beer Can, published by Jeff Busby in the late 70's? Osmo is a modern re-working of that, and takes advantage of the way cans have changed in 45 years! I kind of like the Jenning's method for affecting the penetration better in terms of the EFFECT for the audience.
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
126 Posts

Profile of domclarke
This review was excellent and very thorough. Thanks for that. Debating which reviews have paid for stuff is a distraction. It all pans out over the long run - either you do solid reviews or you don't. And people should use a range of data points anyway in assessing a product.
Awaiting the arrival of my Shadow Wallet, but completely agree that the instructional tutorial/content is superb and shows a real commitment to all round quality. I was so focused on the wallet that I didn't consider a couple of other items on the site that are actually of interest - so thanks for that!
Cheers!
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1032 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Craig's review are, without question, the very best on the net. And again, I know of no other reviewer who actually performs for the viewer the tricks he reviews. So, for the first time he got something gratis? I really could care less.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5118 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Craig's review are, without question, the very best on the net. And again, I know of no other reviewer who actually performs for the viewer the tricks he reviews. So, for the first time he got something gratis? I really could care less.


Totally agree. It's a non-issue.

Martin apparently seems to love nothing more than creating what in his mind he views as a "gotcha" moment, and he loves it even more when it involves a reviewer, and he loves it most of all when it involves Craig, whom he seems to have it in for even more than the rest.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1487 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Craig's review are, without question, the very best on the net. And again, I know of no other reviewer who actually performs for the viewer the tricks he reviews. So, for the first time he got something gratis? I really could care less.



Totally agree. It's a non-issue.

Martin apparently seems to love nothing more than creating what in his mind he views as a "gotcha" moment, and he loves it even more when it involves a reviewer, and he loves it most of all when it involves Craig, whom he seems to have it in for even more than the rest.


💯 to both.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ The 1914 Launches. All 5 New Products Reviewed (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL