The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Ace Assembly Ever! (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
This is a fun routine that I came up with years ago and thought I'd dust off for your enjoyment today.

Is it really the BEST?!? Well... maybe not...but it's the best for me, because it:

• Uses a normal ungaffed deck
  • Is a progressive (one-at-a-time) assembly
  • Mixes methods in a way that cancels out all explanations
  • Uses the "behind-the-curtain" presentation which appeals to a more casual style of performance

(Originally appeared on my old site magicbookreport.com, which is why you see that site referenced in the video)

If you want the explanation to this routine, you can find it at: https://www.keylmagic.com/product-page/y......bly-yaaa
It's priced at $5 to keep it out of the hands of the "merely curious."

But really, I just posted this because I always thought it was a fun routine to do. Have a happy Sunday.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Threecard
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Arizona
141 Posts

Profile of Threecard
Steven:
Thanks for this and all of your work on magicbookreport.com. I bought The Nick Trost book and Focus as a direct result of your reviews and still refer back to both works. Look forward to your future works!
John Vincelli
View Profile
New user
Montreal, QC
34 Posts

Profile of John Vincelli
The two best ones that I know of are from Harry Lorayne. Rock and Roll Aces and another one that I forget what it's called. I think it's Fantastic Ace Assembly. but I could be wrong on the name.
John knows!
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Steven, That looked very good. It's a fun routine to watch and the magic is very strong.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Fantastic Ace Assembl is correct, John.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Steven, I just bought your Ace Assembly. Check your PM
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Very, very well structured and amazing Ace Assembly with a regular, unprepared deck of cards.
And that is exactly the best thing that no gimmick cards are used and the routine is still amazing.

Darko
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Excellent work!
Degio
View Profile
Regular user
It took me years to get to
152 Posts

Profile of Degio
Steve, this is absolutely a masterpiece!
The first time I saw it (long time ago) on your magicbookreport.com site, I could not believe this was done without gaffs.
I kept on watching over and over again the video and could not figure out a way of doing it with regular cards.
I then downloaded the explanation (at the time available to subscribers) and... gosh... it's indeed all manipulation!
To be fair: it's not easy; it's quite angle sensitive; but just perfect for nowadays "zoom sessions", where there is maximum control on the performance angle.
I agree on what has been already written above: your magicbookreport.com was fantastic and I am happy to see you now back in business with a new site.
Looking forward to following your news!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Yes, I also have this and remember this from many years back. Always enjoyed watching him do this one.
Steganos
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Steganos
Brilliant!
I just bought it, thanks Steven.
Steganos
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Steganos
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2021, John Vincelli wrote:
The two best ones that I know of are from Harry Lorayne. Rock and Roll Aces and another one that I forget what it's called. I think it's Fantastic Ace Assembly. but I could be wrong on the name.

You can found them in "Harry Lorrayne Best Ever Collection Vol 1" Great routines!
Steganos
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Steganos
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2021, Steganos wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2021, John Vincelli wrote:

Find Smile

You can found them in "Harry Lorrayne Best Ever Collection Vol 1" Great routines!
jkr
View Profile
Regular user
Mn
147 Posts

Profile of jkr
Beautiful assembly Steven, love it!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks, everyone! Really appreciate the kind words. It's a fun routine to perform.

Just to let those that ordered this know, there was a glitch that has been fixed, and I currently believe that everyone who purchased this now has their download link. If I missed someone please PM me and I can take care of it immediately. My apologies for any inconvenience, and as mentioned, this problem has been fixed.

And as a side note, I find many things about the performance annoying. For one thing, the cautious way that I spread out the aces in the end. I was trying to be dramatic, but many here may think that I was trying to cover up additional cards in the spread. In fact, those are just the 4 aces, no more, no less. You can immediately hand out those cards if you wanted.

B2B Magazine Test!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Very nice assembly.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Stew
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Stew
Exceptional routine! Well thought out and executed!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks, guys! Much appreciated.

B2B Magazine Test!

shaunluttin
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of shaunluttin
Steven. That was gorgeous. I was just browsing, but after watching it, I needed to log in to applaud it. It legitimately fooled me on the first viewing. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Here is a 29-minute live performance of mine: https://youtu.be/lq2Rj1uf05M

I used to be quite sensitive to criticism; I am much less so now; so, please do criticize my technique, presentation, and posts. It helps me to grow, and I promise to take responsibility and not to be defensive.

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks, Shaun! Your thoughts are much appreciated.

B2B Magazine Test!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Ace Assembly Ever! (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL