The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Can tastic (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Just wanted to say I tried this today for the first time and it works really well, nothing to complain about. I will do it with a ring using a small grip seal bag with a "delayed vanish". If you do a very simple switch of something (no, not the whole can - for those who have it I'm sure what I mean is obvious) everything can be examinable... and the switch can happen in an off-beat so definitely worth it in my opinion.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Thanks for your thoughts! In regard to having the spec open the can, how risky is that? Do you find the copy misleading in that sense?
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
The trailer should be titled: "How not to do a French Drop". The paper bag is out of place. Use a small cooler with ice and several soda cans inside. Delay the coin vanish until after your have forced the right can. Could be a good trick at a party but I think there are better coin in something routines that would get the same reaction without the set up.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2021, APC wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts! In regard to having the spec open the can, how risky is that? Do you find the copy misleading in that sense?

Difficult to tell to be honest... I'd say there is a very small probability that it goes wrong. I wouldn't go as far as saying the ad copy is misleading as I'm sure it's totally possible to have the spectator open it but, again, there is a small chance it goes wrong. And in the tutorial they advise you to open it yourself. Without going into too much detail you're probably better off asking a woman or a child to open the can. But, technically, yes the spectator could open it, I'll try it this weekend actually .
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2021, MeetMagicMike wrote:
The trailer should be titled: "How not to do a French Drop". The paper bag is out of place.

100% agree!!

Quote:
Use a small cooler with ice and several soda cans inside.

That's such a good idea!

Quote:
Delay the coin vanish until after your have forced the right can.

Also fully agree! That's also how I do it.

Quote:
Could be a good trick at a party but I think there are better coin in something routines that would get the same reaction without the set up.

Would you please be so kind and mention the routines you have in mind, I'd be really interested to look into them Smile especially the ones you can do with a ring!

I agree the set-up is a bit annoying but honestly it doesn't take that much time for an effect that I feel is really strong. There was another coin/small object into can released some time ago using an empty can (Deceptus I think was the name?) but it just screamed gimmicked can to me and I feel like the spectators would want to examine the can... while here you very cleanly open a can and you empty it in from of them so why would they examine it... and again with a simple switch you could give everything for examination (which is what I do). That being said this is clearly not for walkaround, I agree it's more something you'd do once or twice maybe in an evening.

Again, happy to hear about other similar routines!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Goldeneye007 asked:

Quote:
Would you please be so kind and mention the routines you have in mind, I'd be really interested to look into them especially the ones you can do with a ring!

I do Prohibition which is a cap in bottle routine. It can be done with a ring but I prefer Silent Assistant

Thee is also a completely impromptu method that you can find on YOuTube by searching for coin in can.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thank you!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:

To be fair, thinking about it again, with some minimal spectator management you could probably have anyone open it... again I'll try this week-end/next week.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
The trailer should be titled: "How not to do a French Drop".

I think this was my biggest takeaway from the video.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2021, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Quote:
The trailer should be titled: "How not to do a French Drop".

I think this was my biggest takeaway from the video.

This must be a bad effect then.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
My main curiosity with this has been around around how large of an object can be placed into the can. Is it limited to objects the size of coins and rings, or can something slightly larger be placed in the can?
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Caved and bought it. I'll post my thoughts when I get it.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2021, trickyat86 wrote:
My main curiosity with this has been around around how large of an object can be placed into the can. Is it limited to objects the size of coins and rings, or can something slightly larger be placed in the can?

You most probably can place objects that are slightly larger than a ring or a coin inside the can. If you tell us what kind of object you have in mind I'd be happy to let you know whether that could be possible in my opinion.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2021, goldeneye007 wrote:
Quote:

To be fair, thinking about it again, with some minimal spectator management you could probably have anyone open it... again I'll try this week-end/next week.

Ok, so to get back to this point... again without getting into too much detail I would actually avoid letting a spectator handle the can (for two other reasons I initially didn't think about). I did it again this weekend a couple of times, both times went really well and spectators were absolutely fried (I use three cans with a force and vanish the ring from the silk the spectator is holding to the can, so for them it's like a penetration) but I think the furthest I'd go would be letting the spectator open the can while I hold it... which is a bit weird.

But honestly the effect is so strong (your hands are VERY cleanly shown empty before you open the can and you can show the can VERY openly and fairly; besides I give everything for examination at the end) that I really don't see the need to do that.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Love the fact that your hands can be shown cleanly and empty before opening the can. That being the case I think the effect will be just as strong if the performer opens the can. Especially since goldeneye007 says you can let them examine everything after the effect is over, if the spectator should so choose!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2021, RNK wrote:
Love the fact that your hands can be shown cleanly and empty before opening the can. That being the case I think the effect will be just as strong if the performer opens the can. Especially since goldeneye007 says you can let them examine everything after the effect is over, if the spectator should so choose!

You can definitely let them examine everything but, again, just to be clear, in order to be able to do that you need to switch sowething out but it's really an easy one.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I haven't installed the gimmick into a can, but have there been any sound issues for you, Ben?
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Ha - that's a good point. The very first time I did it to practice yes. But you can actually make it minimal and under normal noise conditions you'll be totally fine. I'll PM you because the way I do it is not covered (it's VERY easy, nothing complicated) in the instructions and I can't really explain without exposing...
Torque75
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Torque75
So I never saw an answer about the size of the item you can produce? Any answers please.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2024, Torque75 wrote:
So I never saw an answer about the size of the item you can produce? Any answers please.

Anything that will fit in a can really… ideally not filling up the whole space obviously… happy for you to mention specific objects and I’ll answer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Can tastic (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL