The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Boris Wild Vs. Lesley marked deck. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Which do you prefer? I'm familiar with the Lesley deck and its very bold marking. How does the Wild deck differ? Is it as easy to read?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have Bikini deck from B.Wild and the marking is very smart, you can find a card very fast. Its pretty easy to read. I bought it from Hokus Pokus for 19 dollar.

From ad:
"Boris Wild's Bikini Deck
Now you can put a new face on your old tricks! Boris Wild's eye-catching new deck showcases 52 bikini-clad beauties. But the beauty of this deck is more than skin deep, it's also a cleverly gimmicked deck. Secret features include a subtle one-way pattern, a "blondes-red, brunettes-black" correspondence and the famous Boris Wild marking system! And while you can give some of your old favorites a new twist, such as doing Out of This World and Beyond using blondes and brunettes, the deck also comes with original material including a "Beauty Pageant" prediction trick. A really fun deck that also offers you many powerful features for locating and secretly learning the identity of chosen cards."
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
Platt -

IMO the Wild markings are more hidden then the Lesley system (which, as you stated, are boldly located). Also the location of the markings may be in different locations on the cards.

It is easy to ready once you get familiar with it but not as easy as Lesley.

Regardless of which marking system you use, Boris Wild's book is very nice and the effects can be used (with some modifications) with the Lesley system.

Courtney
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Do either come already marked? If not, is it difficult or time consuming to apply the markings? Lastly, has anyone been busted with either of these decks. It seems if a spec spen just a bit of time examing the Lesley deck, they'd see it.

Thanks.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
The Wild system does not come marked. Applying the markings take about an hour. I'm not sure if you can get the Lesly deck already made up or not. I know there are similar decks already marked for sale but I believe they are knock-offs of the Lesley system.

There was a thread here somewhere about being busted with a marked deck. Usually I will only do one effect with a deck ringed in.

Larry Becker and Lee Earle are releasing the Demon Deck later this summer which looks interesting.
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
- With the BW's deck, it's faster for the magician to read the marking.
- The marking are more hidden. It's very difficult for a spectator to find them(it's almost impossible).
- You can know the card in a rubbon spread.
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I, too, made up the Boris Wild deck, and it took about an hour or so. I'm going to have to do another deck as I made some of the markings a bit too camouflaged.

It is bold; I haven't tried it out on too many people yet, but haven't been busted yet. One nice thing about the Boris Wild deck is you can read the backs while the cards are spread out in your hands - you only have to see the left or right side of a card to read it.

I have both the Boris Wild book and companion video, and there are some amazing things that can be done with this deck, especially when you combine it with a stack, which he covers.

Ron
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
I saw Boris Wild perform some of his marked deck routines at FISM 2003, and especially his opener is a killer. It does require a certain bit of audience management since the cards wont stand a close examination.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
gibby357
View Profile
Veteran user
The Woodlands, TX
344 Posts

Profile of gibby357
Denny and Lee has the PRO-M Deck which I believe is a pre-marked deck, marked in the Lesley system. I like the Lesley system. It is bold but they never see it. When I perform with it, I pretend I am in a burning building. I don't linger. I do what I have to do and get the H**L out of there. Good luck.

gibby
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
This thread from the past may be of interest, because Ted Lesley speaks to the issue of the two decks.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
I have a marked deck coming out soon that uses a varient of the Lesley system but in a much more hidden and devious manner... It's called the "Thoughtreader Deck"...

Everyone that has seen it, including Greg Arce and Banachek have liked the way I've marked the decks... They are easy to read, give you instant info and are indetectable by spectators (at least those that don't know about marking systems)... I've also applied the system to brainwave decks making them virtually automatic (and not having the deck in order) and have created a deck for myself that is based on the Osterlind BCS system (this version will not be commercially available)...

I recently showed the deck to several magi's at the Castle and got a handful of orders for them... one guy wanted to buy the actual deck in my hands right then and there! Smile

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Personally I prefear Ted Lesley's marked deck, which you can make up yourself, or buy allready done. Comes with a small booklet with effects.
The marking is boldly set, but you will have a difficult time seeing it if you don't know the secret.
Actually, I let one one of my magical friends look at the backside of the deck, after I have blown him away with an effect with it, and he couldn't see the marking at all, and that made him furious.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
WillyWombat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of WillyWombat
If you buy the Boris Wild book, you get a set of transfers to mark your own decks. The Bikini deck comes ready marked and with a booklet of routines.
I saw him at the Blackpool convention and would recommend both items highly. I have not marked my own deck as yet, as I use the Bikini deck for my marked deck work.

Willy.
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Quote:
On 2004-06-16 10:57, Peo Olsson wrote:
Personally I prefear Ted Lesley's marked deck, which you can make up yourself, or buy allready done. Comes with a small booklet with effects.

Entirely true, but it's the same for the BW's.
You have enough gimmicks to make at least 3 entires decks, and it's come with a 150 pages book and/or a video.
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
Hi there!

You can make your Lesley and Wild marked decks with the mentioned Gimmicks... there is also a product by Ted Lesley named the Dekräm ( read it backwards: M-ä-r-k-e-d" LoL) Deck the cards are Fournier ( the Spanish cards )and the marks are really printed!Perhaps an interesting information.Here in Germany you can get it from http://www.zzm.de

Greetings JuRim
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
polstein
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of polstein
Quote:
On 2004-06-16 04:41, A_Blake wrote:
I have a marked deck coming out soon that uses a varient of the Lesley system but in a much more hidden and devious manner... It's called the "Thoughtreader Deck"...

I love marked decks, so I'd be interested in your version. Are you planning to market the deck - your version of marking.. something else?

Phil
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The Card Collection, lot of Marked deck and materiels:

http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/Ma......als.html

I have the Fournier marked deck and it is great, you can read the markings from a distance.
magicswan
View Profile
Loyal user
springfield,ma
253 Posts

Profile of magicswan
I met Boris when he was just coming to America for the first time, well as far as I know it was the first time. I was workimg at Hollywood Magic and I got his book & marking system. It's really good I feel. I saw him the same night at the castle, really nice guy and clever too. If you decide to put it together, I'd plan on staying home all day. Funny fact: he and I went to luch and I asked him if he wanted to eat at McDonalds and he told me that he doesn't eat that "clown %&#!"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-06-16 16:21, JuRim wrote:
Hi there!

You can make your Lesley and Wild marked decks with the mentioned Gimmicks... there is also a product by Ted Lesley named the Dekräm ( read it backwards: M-ä-r-k-e-d" LoL) Deck the cards are Fournier ( the Spanish cards )and the marks are really printed!Perhaps an interesting information.Here in Germany you can get it from http://www.zzm.de

Greetings JuRim

The DeKram deck is NOT by Ted Lesley. It is deck that was put out by Magic Masters. They acknowledged that they had used Ted's system, but did so without his permission. They now pay him a royalty on each deck sold.

Also, Boris Wild's system is now a licensed variation of Ted Lesley's system.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Boris Wild Vs. Lesley marked deck. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL