The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » POISON by Nikolas Mavresis (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Open up your mind
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of Open up your mind
Personally, having bought it, I can say I don't like the plot, I don't like the method and I don't like the cards.
tomdeg
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2021, Open up your mind wrote:
Personally, having bought it, I can say I don't like the plot, I don't like the method and I don't like the cards.

Then WHY did you buy it???
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5210 Posts

Profile of RNK
I think he was giving his opinions on the product after receiving it.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1091 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Having received the set, here's my thoughts. The cards are lovely (I got the regular sized set), and the box nicely produced. The "main" routine takes a little time to perform, so probably not something for table hopping but certainly nice for performing at a table or a crowd as you can involve multiple spectators.

The "second" main effect is called Staying Alive - this is much more of a strolling type effect and still has the multiple kicks like the "main" effect. Also nice!

There are some other packet type effects too, and the Facebook group has some nice contributions too.

I intend to use this with Inject. I have produced a web album which has lots of drinks in it. The spec flicks though these on their phone, unseen, and finishes on a selection. The cards are then shuffled, a card selected and shown to be wine. The spec asks if they prefer red or white - they say RED. They look at the image on their phone and it's Red Wine. As a kicker all the other cards are poison cards.

I like Poison. Lots of variations, and something a bit different.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4324 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Nice ,but didn't like the pick up 'after' the colour Marker and drink cards were stopped on, then dealt out again ,a suspicious move on the Magicians part,but then again, might be over thinking it.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1825 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Nice ,but didn't like the pick up 'after' the colour Marker and drink cards were stopped on, then dealt out again ,a suspicious move on the Magicians part,but then again, might be over thinking it.

As stated earlier, the new handling justifies this by adding in an additional choice that all makes sense.

I filmed a very nice additional routine that's perfect for these cards that should be up in your Alakazam accounts today if you registered the product.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of academy
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2021, RNK wrote:
I think he was giving his opinions on the product after receiving it.

You don't need to buy it to know what the plot is.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4324 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2021, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:

As stated earlier, the new handling justifies this by adding in an additional choice that all makes sense.

I filmed a very nice additional routine that's perfect for these cards that should be up in your Alakazam accounts today if you registered the product.
Thank you, might get this ,all the Best
Shane
tomdeg
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Just received mine, (both poker & pro), direct from Alakazam.
There is NO instructions, video link, or product reg code!!!
Anyone else have this problem, or am I just overlooking it?
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
If you bought from Alakazam the instructions may already be in your Alakazam account?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3908 Posts

Profile of JanForster
There is a card inside the box (between the other cards) providing the link... easily to overlook, happened to me as well. BTW, I ordered it too although the working was clear to me, but I really liked and like the cards, theme and the entire and well constructed routine a lot! Well done! And the above mentioned subtlety (by Nicolas) is excellent. I would always ask the spectator “left” or “right” plus stating that we talk about his perspective (if he is sitting opposite you)... sounds even fairer although it doesn’t change anything. I know that I am cryptic, but owners of the set who have seen the video understand what I mean... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
tomdeg
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2021, tomdeg wrote:
Just received mine, (both poker & pro), direct from Alakazam.
There is NO instructions, video link, or product reg code!!!
Anyone else have this problem, or am I just overlooking it?

Thanks all, found 'em right after I posted. In the middle of the deck.
tomdeg
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Another little subtlety I use...
Place the "wine" on the bottom of set-up deck, rather than in the middle...
After placing the colored marker cards down, have the spec cut the deck & complete the cut...
Now go through the pack to remove your "target" drink, placing it aside & casually recut the deck to original order.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1301 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
I think the giveaway for me here is how they speeded up the trailer for parts of the routine....if you are worried you can’t keep a magician interested I don’t hold out much hope for a spectator.
mavresis_n
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of mavresis_n
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2021, JanForster wrote:
There is a card inside the box (between the other cards) providing the link... easily to overlook, happened to me as well. BTW, I ordered it too although the working was clear to me, but I really liked and like the cards, theme and the entire and well constructed routine a lot! Well done! And the above mentioned subtlety (by Nicolas) is excellent. I would always ask the spectator “left” or “right” plus stating that we talk about his perspective (if he is sitting opposite you)... sounds even fairer although it doesn’t change anything. I know that I am cryptic, but owners of the set who have seen the video understand what I mean... Jan

Hey, Jan. Thanks for your comment! I am really glad you liked my effect. You know that I respect and admire your work a lot!

Nikolas
CineMental | Zener Match | The Collector | Spellebrity | Destinations | POISON |
mavresis_n
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of mavresis_n
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2021, tomdeg wrote:
Another little subtlety I use...
Place the "wine" on the bottom of set-up deck, rather than in the middle...
After placing the colored marker cards down, have the spec cut the deck & complete the cut...
Now go through the pack to remove your "target" drink, placing it aside & casually recut the deck to original order.

Hey there, thanks for you comment. I also like to force the wine instead of taking it out of the deck.
CineMental | Zener Match | The Collector | Spellebrity | Destinations | POISON |
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » POISON by Nikolas Mavresis (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL