The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Created “Play Money” for Extreme Burn (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1193 Posts

Profile of imgic
Recently picked up Extreme Burn. Since I don't like idea of turning small bills into larger (it always leads to questions about why don’t you just make money like that. Or spectators wanting to have the money) I made "play money."

Patter is that I've learned to change $1 into $100...as I do it, it's play money.

Inspired by monopoly money, I changed color to match dollar bills. Also had to create a face bill.

Recently for a birthday I customized one of the bills which I handed out.

Click here to view attached image.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3225 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Customize and print hundreds of them and offer them as a "premium souvenir option" for your kids act!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
CUBERT808
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of CUBERT808
Sweet idea....I have an office party coming up and looks like a good way to give out prizes. What paper are you using?
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1318 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I love it. So many chances for humor with this.

JUst have to do it before Monopoly gets cancelled. hehe.
Great idea, I can't wait to say I learned to change 1s to 100's.
The problem is the type of 100s they turn into. Nobody wants to take them......
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1193 Posts

Profile of imgic
I originally used regular printer paper, but it was too slick to Handle well. So I picked up some cheap linen paper at Walmart. I can get three bills onto one sheet of paper.

At first I was using rotary cutter, but found I could get consisted sizes...would be off by just enough that it would be noticeable. So I made a cardboard template and use it with exacto knife to cut them.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I like it, I also printed Monopoly money to use with extreme burn. I say I always carry Monopoly Money cause you never know when you’re going to find the perfect little green one bedroom. But I can change to regular bills if you need to. I like your idea and agree that just changing 1s to 100s seems to generate more questions than amazement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Created “Play Money” for Extreme Burn (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL