The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Finger by Leo Smetsers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Looking for reviews, a google search did not help. This looks like fun, not very magical, but I think a lay audience , especially kids, would like it.
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/money-......EALw_wcB
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Agree! Looks very fun and I definitely think adults along with the kids will really enjoy this! Something different....
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I get the surprise moment at the end but I don't understand all the stuff leading up to it. What is he claiming to do and why do the coins have fingers on them?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I think he is trying to prove there’s nothing holding the coin on the finger, and the larger coin, keeps getting smaller to apparently make it easier to grab
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Is it that The spectator is to try to grab the coin from the performers finger but is always too slow?
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
I'm in the same boat as others. I have absolutely no idea what's happening here.
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2021, RNK wrote:
Is it that The spectator is to try to grab the coin from the performers finger but is always too slow?

Yes exactly.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Ok, But why do the coins have fingers on them?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2021, RNK wrote:

It’s not that at all. She is trying to close her had around the coin on her hand before he can tap it with the coin balanced on his finger. But because the coin starts out very large she is unable to close her hand and cover the coin, so he gives her smaller and smaller coins to make it easier for her and harder for him to tap it.
I don’t think the fingers on the coin have anything to do with the trick other than him naming the different coins by how many fingers are on them.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I think it’s a game of chance, where the magician never loses. And the fingers printed on the coins, have really no meaning. Other than to try and tie everything together in a theme, hence the finger.
Not very magical, but could be fun to do.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
This looks like another example of Leo Smetsers taking an existing effect, dolling it up a bit, and marketing it hard.
I'm not impressed - but I'm sure he has a fan base.
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Check out that Custom Glove though!!! I’m sure that has applications beyond the trick.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Has anybody actually used this and can report some thoughts on how it was received by your audience?
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
After watching it a few more times, I don't think its worth 55 bucks, looks like magnets at work here...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2021, The Baldini wrote:
After watching it a few more times, I don't think its worth 55 bucks, looks like magnets at work here...

I watched it just the once and figured that out.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I think if you buy this with the intention of performing it as a magic trick then you're going to be deeply disappointed. I believe by the end of the routine it will be obvious to some that magnets are involved. But that's not the point of the routine, IMO. This is merely another one of those entertaining fun gag type routines especially when your finger comes off. I do agree baldini that $55 is a pretty hefty price for this, I just received mine from penguin and I think I paid $41. I'm going to check out the tutorial tonight and will report back after doing so. After watching this again and thinking about it, for me, I feel I can make this a very fun and entertaining bit.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just watched the tutorial and this is cool. I will definitely be performing it. No, there are no magnets involved.

Tutorial is only 8+ minutes long but that's all you need to get up and running.

Looking forward to having some fun with this.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Another one that was well received at my gig this evening. There were a few kids but mostly adults and everyone enjoyed this. Especially when they pulled the finger off! Obviously this is not a show stopper but it is a fantastic filler which is something different from magic/mentalist routines.
ScarneAce
View Profile
Regular user
In a Galaxy far, far away...
150 Posts

Profile of ScarneAce
Leo Smetsers magic 101

-take an old effect
-release it with fancy props
-make the price 5x-10x the original (minimum $50))
-wear green glasses
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Is the original cheaper version still on the market?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Finger by Leo Smetsers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL