The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Witch’s Box – Outlaw Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
I recently acquired The Witch’s Box by Outlaw Effects. Does anyone have any feedback or information on this device? It came with a ceramic witch's hand that I do not know if it was part of the effect or not. Thanks in advance for any info.
-------------------------------
The Witch’s Box – Outlaw Effects
Came with a ceramic “witch”
hand with a magnet in the wrist.
Possibly, combined the
antique-looking box with a hand
for a spirit rapping hand.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I believe Outlaw Effects had 3 Witch Boxes in their Witch Box line, the third being gaffed. I'm looking at a Wayback Machine link from July, 2015, and they offered a gaffed box called the "Ultimate Witch Box" with brass corners and a brass plaque on the front. The hand you have is probably the small doll hand they offered called Lovely Lucy. Due to its small size it works really well on any of the gaffed boxes and boards they sold.

I had an un-gimmicked Witch's Box with distressed wood and leather straps. It was designed to only hold the Witch's Almanac.

If you have a gaffed Witch's Box then the hand would work really well with it. If it's a non-gimmicked box, well, you have an awesome custom storage box most likely built by Tim Wisseman.

You can try reaching him on his website, Dark Forest Magic: https://www.darkforestmagic.com for more help on how to tell if the box is gimmicked. The easiest way to tell is by seeing if there is a false panel that can be removed for battery changing.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Here is a picture (I hope) of the item.

Click here to view attached image.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Based upon the above picture, what do you think this is? Two different manufacturers products being used together? I assume since it doesn't have brass corner that it isn't the Ultimate Witches Box.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, GS121002 wrote:
Based upon the above picture, what do you think this is? Two different manufacturers products being used together? I assume since it doesn't have brass corner that it isn't the Ultimate Witches Box.

I'll message you with the answer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Witch’s Box – Outlaw Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL