The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Banachecks Psi DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Svengali
View Profile
Regular user
USA
138 Posts

Profile of Svengali
Looks great.I orderd them as soon as I heard about it.
I have everything Banachek put out...
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1171 Posts

Profile of Banachek
What Scott is saying in the ad is that the regular price is $140. So you can either take a savings of $30 for all the dvd's in the series, or you can take your savings in the form of a book and $10. Either way you save money, one in the form of a book and $10 and one in the form of $30 money.

It would be like going into a magic store and paying $140 and the guy saying, I can give you this book for free, or I can give you a discount.

Of course if one wants to look at it and say the glass is half empty (just kidding), they could indeed say hey, I was getting a discount anyway so now I am paying $30 for the book and getting $10 off Smile

Scott just thought that some might want to have the book to make it more complete and this would help them do so.

Hope that makes it a little clearer. One reason I stay out of the business end Smile
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Years ago, while touring in the Southwest I checked into a motel which had a sign in front saying: "Free TV." (In those days it was common to pay an extra charge to have a TV in your room.)
The guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted the 18 dollar room or the 20 dollar room. I asked what the difference was. He said: "The 20 dollar rooms have the free TV."
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-06-20 09:54, Dennis Loomis wrote:
Years ago, while touring in the Southwest I checked into a motel which had a sign in front saying: "Free TV." (In those days it was common to pay an extra charge to have a TV in your room.)
The guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted the 18 dollar room or the 20 dollar room. I asked what the difference was. He said: "The 20 dollar rooms have the free TV."
Dennis Loomis

Dennis, what a great story. Thanks for sharing that!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Scott's last post makes things very clear for me, so I will attemp to make sense for those who are still confused.

The four DVD set is regularly priced at $140.00. The sale price through the website is $110.00.
The regular price of "Psychophysiological Thought Reading" is $40.00.
If you just want the DVDs the price is just $110.00. If you would like the DVD set plus the book You get the set for the sale price of $110.00 AND you get the book for only $30.00 instead of the regular $40.00.

This equals a savings of $40.00. $30 on the DVDs plus $10 on the book. This is like buying the DVDs for full price and having the book thrown in for FREE.

That is what the add means. Is it worth it? Only you can answer that for yourself. Is it a good deal? I believe it is a very good deal and want to thank both Scott and Banachek for offering it to us.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Scott,

As I said earlier, I think the bundle pricing is a very good deal and it's good of you to offer it.

I think my "confusion" stemmed from the fact that magic dealers I buy from regularly (e.g., L&L Publishing and Hank Lee) routinely discount the "retail selling price" of DVD sets. If they start advertising "free" merchandise to customers who pay FULL price I would raise the same question. I don't want to belabor the point, since you're already discounting the DVD set and the book which benefits customers who want both. And the price is more than fair! Smile

Best wishes to you and Banachek for much success with this project! Smile

DaveS
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
I told it to Steve personally and I'll say it again here: I can count with 2 hands the people in the magic/mentalism industery that REALLY know what plays strong for an audience. I can count with just one hand the people that never let me down with ANY of their products. Steve (Banachek) apears in both countings.
Those who know me know how much I dislike pre-hype of any kind but this is an exception: I encourage you to buy this DVDs; hopefully it will convince Steve to release more of his material.

Nimrod , Israel
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Nimrod,

I agree with you. Two that immediately spring into my mind are Banachek and Richard Osterlind. I could probably think of a few more if I put my mind to it (no pun intended).

BTW, Am I reading the posts on the Café correctly? Is Richard Osterlind coming out with additional DVD releases over and above his recently released Mind Mysteries Vol 1-4?

Thanks for any info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2004-06-22 15:16, Turk wrote:

BTW, Am I reading the posts on the Café correctly? Is Richard Osterlind coming out with additional DVD releases over and above his recently released Mind Mysteries Vol 1-4?

Yep!
They are making themin July if I don't remember wrong.
I almost can't wait to get them! Smile

In the meantime I'll work with the material in Banachek's DVDs. I just know that those will be great too!

Sven

Sven
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
You guys really should consider ordering from Banachek's website http://www.magicinspirations.net . It is very easy and you also can see the other items that are available from him. I ordered today and received a confirmation of my order within an hour.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
richard magic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of richard magic
I have yet to see Banachek perform, however I hope to see these DVDs some time soon.
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
I want to order direct from Banacheks and Scotts website but I fear that the postage may be a lot to ship over to Britain. I shall have to have a look now.
'The impossible I do immediately;
Miracles take a little longer'
-David Berglas.
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
993 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Well, if it hasn't been posted elsewhere then let me say it here...I have heard from the distributor that Banachek's Psi Series should be shipped to us by tomorrow, Friday July 9th. This means that we should have our supplies ready to ship out by some time next week.

Banachek is in town and we are making plans for him to sit down and personally autograph the DVD's for all who have ordered direct from him through http://www.magicinspirations.net

Thank you everyone who has already ordered and we look forward to serving you.

yours,
Scott Wells
Managing Partner
Magic Inspirations
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2004-07-08 07:58, Scott Wells wrote:
I have heard from the distributor that Banachek's Psi Series should be shipped to us by tomorrow, Friday July 9th. This means that we should have our supplies ready to ship out by some time next week.

That's fantastic news! finally!
Pharaoh Nuff
View Profile
Regular user
Third stone from the sun
119 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh Nuff
There's a preview online of each volume of these Dvds at a site called my-magic.com ,I think.
Theres a link to it at magicweek.co.uk
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Rakatash, I can't seem to find the link? Can you post the link please. Thanks!
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
725 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
It's my-magicshop.com

Mike
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
993 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Mike,

I checked out the video clips at http://www.my-magicshop.com/assets/s2dma......421.html and the clips are from Banachek's website and not from the DVD's. To our knowledge, there are no actual clips from the DVD's available on the web yet.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Pharaoh Nuff
View Profile
Regular user
Third stone from the sun
119 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh Nuff
Apologies guys..But,.they're in stock today...
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
993 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Good news, we have received our shipment today. Banachek will be signing the copies tonight and orders will go out on Tuesday July 13th.

Thanks again to all who ordered direct from the originator at http://www.magicinspirations.net

yours,
Scott Wells
Managing Partner
Magic Inspirations
http://www.magicinspirations.net

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Banachecks Psi DVD's (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL