The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Banachecks Psi DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Alright so I got my set today and got to watch all the performances and some of the explanations, and I must say that this set lives up to all its hype. It is a wonderful set of DVDs and I am glad I bought them. The first to volumes are my favorites, they have a lot of usable material. I really like the tricks invisible palmtop, PK writing, loraynes buck, stigmata and the picture duplication. Im gonna go through the interviews and the other explanations in the following days and will post a better review
Paul
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I just recieved vol.4, and there is a ton of good info for PK work.

There are two excellent impromtue key bends(could even be signed) that are really nice. Definatly workable material. Also included are some *GREAT* subtleties for key bends that will make it look like it bends in their hands.

I think that the nail bends are probably good for stage, but each one of the nail methods are either pre-show work or gimicked nails, so it isn't as usable for impromtue work(not that people carry nails around with them).

There is a pk pencil(impromtue) and a pk pen that are both good, though the pk pen requires that you buy something extra. Both look like good display's of pk, if you are into moving stuff with your mind(i like the bending more, but to each his own).

The fork/spoon bending section is good, in fact it is TOO good because it gives away some great things taught on the Psychokinetic Silverware video/DVD that I think should have been left off of this psi series. Great gems like the twist are given away for free with this dvd, so grab it if you can!!!

A great bag method(which coincedently, I think Banachek put down on the PK silverware dvd), along with a really super spoon/fork bend that is going straight into my close-up routine. You see two forks/spoons matched up perfectly, then immidiantly one bends while the other stays in place. Looks very good.

I think the coin section on this dvd is a little weak, but only because with the addition of state quarters, it is very hard to do a coin bend using the change from a spectator, and therefore I believe it is a little weaker than most other bends where switches could go unnoticed.

However, included along with the coin bend, is a great little bit that works fantastic for a tradeshow/corporate environment, and is a great display of how to customize a trick/patter to a company to sell the product/service.

My biggest gripe would be that there is no video or detailed instruction on how to put the bends in coins and nails. The instruction is basically "goto a machine shop or to your toolbox and put a bend in".

While that definatly works, I would have really liked to see it on video, rather than skimmed over.

This video is definatly worth way more than the retail price, as tons of great methods, subtlies and audience control are given away which can propel your metal bending to the next level!
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
I read the pen writing thiny I saw you do once is on it.

doesn't that require a gimmick or can we make it ourselves? or will we have to buy it?
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
You will have to buy the gimmick unless you have some good sewing skills. he doesn't go into much detail on it, so you probbaly want to buy the gimmick.
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
I got these and they are just GREAT!!!!

Just learning how to make the "gimmicked" ****** that switches the folded notes the spectators wrote for one effect (buy 'em to find which one...but this would work for ANY effect where you need to switch several/many "spectator written secret personal notes")...is worth the price of the whole DVD set!!! And this gimmick costs about $5 to make and one trip to Wal/K-Mart!!!!!!!!

And the rest of the stuff one these is just as GOOD...this one just stands out in my mind!!!!!

These are sure to become video/DVD CLASSICS so don't be a pencilneck geek and BUY 'em!!!!! You will NOT be sorry!!!!
magicmancas
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of magicmancas
Thanks for all of the great reviews... Keep them coming. If you had to pick out one effect on the DVD set which would it be? I am trying to decide which volume to go for first.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Which DVD is that one FTAMagician?
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Dvd 2
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
725 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Can someone please review all the effects? thanks!

Mike
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
For folks with the DVD, used the pencil approach (where it moves while you are looking away) with a cocktail straw at a bar the other night and "literally" blew folks away -- they all swore I was looking in the other direction when it moved.

For some added fun, have a friend (my wife played this role) sitting on the opposite side of the table -- the object can then "magically" role back towards you! (method is obvious if you know above approach) We came upon it by chance (she couldn't resist), but definetly a new part of the imprompto routine!

For those questioning how to bend coins, Craig Dixon has a wonderful tool at WizardCraft.com. I've used to bend signed coins in my lap during a sit down routine and blow folks away. Worth checking out.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I loved these dvd's !!! totally amazing Smile
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
The "Invisible Palm Top" is very nice. I will use this one in my next show.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Banachecks Psi DVD's (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL