[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
For a partime illusion show, do you think the fog machines at party city etc, will these flow fog as good as the 100 dollar version?
Dreams are a matter of choice, not chance. Live your Dreams. -DC
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
Depends on what type of environment you're using it in. Generally, the cheapy fog machines you buy at party supply stores never hold up. How often are you going to be using the unit? How much at a time? How big of a space?
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
To me a cheapy fog machine is around a hundred bucks. I would not recamend a litefx fogger somtimes sold for thirty or forty dollars because they will start to spit hot fluid out. Check out http://www.theatrefx.com

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
I agree with Fitz..the cheap ones will spit out hot fluid. I've had some not so cheap ones do that too. If you are planning on using it a lot then spend some extra money and buy a better unit. You won't regret it.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Plus unless you are spending a lot of money your fog will never stay on the ground instead it will mist. you need to kool the fluid before letting it out to keep it on the floor.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5696 Posts

Profile of Regan
I bought a cheap fog machine last year that does ok for what I need it for. I already had a wireless remote control "Fog Hog" that is quite good, but I needed another machine for a haunted house. The cheap one I bought at K Mart does the job, plus it has an auto timer that can be adjusted to shoot fog at timed intervals. I use it outdoors so I don't know if it spits fluid or not. There is different types of fog fluid too, and some of the cheap ones don't seem to work as well.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fog (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL