The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Mind Influence by Tommy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

entermagic
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Tommy realized two new methods for Acaan. The effect are really deceptive maybe the first one requires a memory work by the victim but the outcome kills the audience. The second one is totally self working. Between the two effect I like the
The first one, because everything happens in the spectator mind.

Here a description:

In the main effect, the spectator mentally moves an imagined card into the deck in an imagined position only. All this happens without the mentalist touching the cards and without knowing which card and what number the spectator has thought of.

In the second ACAAN, the spectator generates a random card and number then counts to the generated position and will find the card. All this happens without the mentalist ever touching the cards.

The two effects are very easy to perform and do not require any sleight-of-hand.

https://www.lybrary.com/mind-influence-p-924462.html
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Full disclosure: Tommaso Guglielmi (Tommy) sent me a free review copy of his latest ebook (Mind Influence) which contains two sleight-free ACAAN-style effects.

In the first effect, the performer leads the spectator in an imaginary game which results in a thought-of card and a thought-of position in the deck. The performer hands the deck to the spectator who (only then) names the thought-of card and position (which the performer does not yet know). The spectator counts down to the chosen position and discovers the chosen card.

In the second effect, the performer hands the deck to the spectator in advance. The spectator then makes a number of genuinely free choices resulting in the selection of a card and position. Again the spectator counts down to discover the chosen card.

The advantage of the first effect is that the spectator chooses the card and position just using imagination, whereas the second effect needs a paper and pencil. The advantage of the second effect is that the performer never needs to handle the cards - the procedure is fully automatic and no reset is required (the first effect is semi-automatic and resets very easily).

The first effect could also potentially fail at one stage of the procedure which, as Tommy admits, needs some practice to become confident at (though it doesn't involve any particular skill). Personally, I wouldn't want to rely on this method working 100%. Tommy does mention an alternative sure-fire method that could be used but this relies on someone else's work and is therefore not fully explained in the ebook. There are, however, many other ways the necessary result could be achieved.

The second effect is fully self-working and is very deceptive. Carry a deck, a piece of paper, and pen or pencil around with you and you are ready to go at a moment's notice, with no reset needed between performances (and with a different outcome each time). The method is very clever and is quite the best application of this particular principle that I have come across. Kudos to Tommy for this. I can see myself using this effect.

The 8-page ebook is, perhaps, a little expensive at $23 but if you want a couple of easy and ready-to-go card-at-number effects, you could do a lot worse.

Mike
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Tommy was gracious enough thru the years to send me stuff. He has a lot of great ideas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Mind Influence by Tommy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL