The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ INSIDER by Marck Oberon ("To the point, natural and 100% sure fire.." -Colin McLeod) (109 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok I thought Duane was saying insert a card face down into business cards, hold a break then do a half p.s. Then just pick up the stack and look at the bottom card. Or half p.s. it 2nd from bottom and remove your own card to write down their thought and then get the full peek. There are tons of alternative methods but this is a revolutionary new method from what I see and hear. You can just hollow out a quarter of a deck of blank cards and put 2 full cards on the bottom for cover and the remainder on top. Spread casually showing blanks, turnover take 1 card off the bottom and let the spectator write down anything they like (this reaffirms a blank deck). Return the card sliding into your gimmick and rubber band the deck turning it over to reinforce all blanks. Start to pretend to read their minds and just say I think I am getting something as you remove the single card with the band still on (appearing as an after thought ) get your full peek and put the deck in your pocket. Then write down what their word etc , I have made stuff and ideas like this up myself for years but the difference here itís a mechanical gimmick that saves all that fathing around apparently. We all know that from a spectators point of view they all achieve the same objective. The advantage of this is the new method and the various lines of information as index cards naturally makes sense for this. A friend of mine showed me his the other day and it looked great and he never had this stretching malarkey needed that others have had to endure. Best wishes Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Patrick we must have been writing at the same time looking at our last posts Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ordered this direct from Marc and I am looking forward to this based on a lot of high recommendations Gaz 😊
dvno
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamburg
284 Posts

Profile of dvno
Still waiting for mine to arrive. Since the UK isnít a part of the EU anymore the shipping is a little bit a pain in the a..
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2021, leosx1 wrote:
So glad to have pulled the trigger on this one ! I use a longer type of rubberband ( Joe Rindfleisch ) that I can pull around twice the package so I have more time to do what needs to be done.

Another post saying how great this is. Plenty of practice first alone, then in front of the mirror, helps enormously.

The idea of using a double-wrap band to increase the peek time sounds like a winner if there's more than one piece of info on the card, thanks!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The size of band makes no difference as you can open and close it with the band on anyway. If you insert the card as you turn the pad over you open the gimmick in that wrist kill action so you are looking and have got all the info before the rubber band has even touched the stack. It couldnít be any easier imo Gaz 😊
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Just received my replacement gimmick and Iím super stoked about it. Looks way better and I have ď0Ē complaints. I ultimately ended up with more stock cards. Thatís a come up in my book. Which makes me a satisfied customer
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5382 Posts

Profile of videoman
Glad to hear you got it sorted to your satisfaction Lonnie.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Actually received mine today and itís brilliant and even exceeds the fantastic expectations I had. It works perfectly from the get go, itís beautifully made and also made to last.
Itís so diabolically clever in method and a breeze to use.
I ordered 2 refill packs but Marc kindly sent me 4 refill packs and I honestly couldnít be happier. I have stack loads of peeks but this is a method like no other, I 100% guarantee if you buy it you will use it and I couldnít possibly see anyone being disappointed. Itís really first class and I couldnít recommended it any higher I love it Gaz 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5382 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Actually received mine today and itís brilliant and even exceeds the fantastic expectations I had. It works perfectly from the get go, itís beautifully made and also made to last.
I ordered 2 refill packs but Marc kindly sent me 4 refill packs and I honestly couldnít be happier. I have stack loads of peeks but this is a method like no other, I 100% guarantee if you buy it you will use it and I couldnít possibly see anyone being disappointed. Itís really first class and I couldnít recommended it any higher I love it Gaz 😊

So if I am understanding you correctly Gaz, you like it then? Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Just a tad Bill, how can you tell Gaz Smile
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2477 Posts

Profile of 252life
Why do you hate it Gaz?!

Jk! I love it also especially since I donít own any type of p&&k devices already..cough.... Oy vey
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Mine just arrived. Ingenious! What an amazing, elegant p**k solution.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2021, 252life wrote:
Why do you hate it Gaz?!

Jk! I love it also especially since I donít own any type of p&&k devices already..cough.... Oy vey

I love it, Gaz 😊
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1909 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

Also ordered based on this, that's two in two days Gaz Smile
Ben
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ben they are both excellent and give you great options. Enjoy my friend Gaz 😊
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Just to re-iterate what everyone else has been saying now I've had a few days to play with it: this truly is superb. It's not often a method comes along that's both satisfyingly clever AND a real worker...but this is it. Marc has knocked it out of the park with this one. It just makes sense AND is 100% deceiving. I've tested on friends and family today, including my wife, who usually refuses to be fooled (to the point of ripping any 'props' out of my hand so she can figure everything out. She delights in trampling on my hopes and dreams Smile ). She didn't bother with this, because it seems so innocuous. What could be dodgy about a stack of boring index cards?

I've experimented with adding a few gimmicked index cards of my own to the top of the stack. I've found that way you can allow people to place their index card back in the stack pretty much wherever they want without necessarily handling it yourself (ensuring it's the right way up, of course). Also been thinking about Max Maven's Ghostwriter 2 whether this method could be applied to a stack of business cards too. Might have a play around with that tomoz...

Btw: Marc's customer service has also been ace. He's really helpful and quick to offer help and support should you need it. Couldn't be happier with this purchase. I will use it and LOTS! Money very well spent which sadly isn't always true.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
149 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I received mine today, it works wonderfully. I was very surprised at the size of it for some reason when I opened the box. Much smaller than I thought, but glad that it is--it fits in the hands perfectly.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3767 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Received mine last week and I absolutely love it. Very practical and very deceptive.

Mark Smile
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Totally agree with the above and Mark Chandaue kindly shared me a wonderful handling he has come up with. Itís pure genius Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ INSIDER by Marck Oberon ("To the point, natural and 100% sure fire.." -Colin McLeod) (109 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL